Legalize it - the song that is...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

notiti

Refugee
Ok award for best reason Jimmy Cliff has for legalizing it in his most lovely of songs is now officially:
Goats love to play with it.

And you best not mess with no goats. So you GOT to legalze it.

this has nothing to do with your topic, but I like your Bebop avatar. Faye V is cool.:cool:

Ummm...I do like the song, but you missed one thing: it's not a Jimmy Cliff song, although he may have covered it.

Legalize It is Peter Tosh's brilliant creation.

IMO, JC's best tune is "Many Rivers to Cross", very moving tune, but I'm not sure if he penned it originally. He did alot of covers, and well, I might add.

Gabriel

"...and I will advertise it..."

Last edited:
Yes yes indeed. I neglectied to mention that I was indeed listening to the cover. My family has a penchant for reggae on vinyl, and I stumbled upon this rather pleasing cover. Have you heard it? Peter Tosh's is of course superior in every way as it is first. But yes, I am dumb.

NOOOOO!!!! Yer not dumb at all! I just didnt know if you realized whose tune it was, sorry if I came off that way!

Alot of people dont give Tosh the credit for alot of songs, like for instance Get Up Stand Up, while most assume that is Bob Marley's song, Peter Tosh actually wrote it while a member of the Wailers.

Sounds like we've got alot in common tho, I am a reggae vinyl FREAK! I've collected tons of old LPs and rare 45s...and am always looking for more! :)

Im interested in what you think of Many Rivers to Cross tho, I think that song and The Harder They Come are probably his two greatest tunes...what do you think?

Back
Top Bottom