Leek, Staffordshire Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Your camera certainly does a great job with the colors! I've been meaning to buy a good camera for a long time, but I just can't fit that into the budget now. I love landscapes, would have a great time traveling around Geneva just to find some good picture spots. But for the time being I don't have many pictures I could be proud of!

The Canon 40D with a decent lens (18-200mm with image stabilisation) and a memory card set me back about AUS$1800 - not sure how much that would be over your way, but I thought it was a pretty decent price. I imagine you can actually get it cheaper in Europe, since everything's more expensive down here. The Canon 450D is almost as powerful as the 40D and a bit cheaper still. Certainly a good investment; I am incredibly happy with it.

My big frustration is not being able to drive, so I don't have as much freedom as I'd like to go out and find photography spots. But public transport around here is good, so I try to make the most of that.

Ah, that sounds like fun! My brother's a bit of an IKEA junkie, every now and then we have to go back and buy another table or bookshelf. Not that I mind, though.

Oh, you can get crucified for it. My U2 views are terribly uncommon - I probably wouldn't put JT in my top five, let alone AB - but you get that. I went out there and said blah ad nauseam, so I knew what to expect.
Anyway, WTAHAN is dumb. I don't know why I still check it out.

It was fun, and we I did buy a bookshelf. I kind of like IKEA, but always end up spending way more than planned every time I go there (exactly what happened yesterday - I ended up buying new wine glasses that I absolutely did not need!). I also had to spend the morning drilling holes in my walls. My landlord is not going to be happy when I leave this apartment.

I don't think I've really engaged in any serious discussion on favorite albums in EYKIW for a long time. I do have a lot of fun with the song survivor tournament (specially by seeing the choices of other people I know from the forum).

From Tucson, Arizona
To New Mexico
From Las Vegas
To San Diego
She's my Santa Fe
She's my Albuquerque
She Brings me breakfast
She's my guacamole
She's my enchilada
She's my chili con carne
She's my jumping bean
Won't, don't ever leave her
Ohh yeah
Love the little girl
I love that little girl
Die for you, baby
Dive for you, baby
You're my mother of pearl
Ooh, right now.
Oh, Jeanie
I'm smarter than you think
I tumble over
You keep me spilling my drink
I need you around
more than I care to mention
I keep falling over
Just to attract your attention

I absolutely love that they're eating Mexican food.

The Canon 40D with a decent lens (18-200mm with image stabilisation) and a memory card set me back about AUS$1800 - not sure how much that would be over your way, but I thought it was a pretty decent price. I imagine you can actually get it cheaper in Europe, since everything's more expensive down here. The Canon 450D is almost as powerful as the 40D and a bit cheaper still. Certainly a good investment; I am incredibly happy with it.

My big frustration is not being able to drive, so I don't have as much freedom as I'd like to go out and find photography spots. But public transport around here is good, so I try to make the most of that.

I think it may be a bit more expensive here (not sure though, but everything in electronics costs some 15-20% more than in the USA). But this is very tempting... maybe I should start saving to get myself a nice birthday present (still a few months away). I like to take pictures of mountains, and the geography around here couldn't be better.

Just uploaded two more photos.

Here's one just of the sun. I am quite fond of this.

s640x480

And the composition of this picture pleases me now that I've cropped out the end of an antennae that unexpectedly poked into the right-hand side. Plus, fuck that's red.

s640x480

It was fun, and we I did buy a bookshelf. I kind of like IKEA, but always end up spending way more than planned every time I go there (exactly what happened yesterday - I ended up buying new wine glasses that I absolutely did not need!). I also had to spend the morning drilling holes in my walls. My landlord is not going to be happy when I leave this apartment.

I don't think I've really engaged in any serious discussion on favorite albums in EYKIW for a long time. I do have a lot of fun with the song survivor tournament (specially by seeing the choices of other people I know from the forum).

Ah yeah, how many other people do you live with? Landlords can be a bit of a bitch sometimes. Hope yours isn't too bad.

Yeah, that's the best thing about it! So you can see what ridiculously good song Axver has voted out way too soon.

Wine glasses? Yes you did need them. :tongue:

That's what I told the wife when she asked whether we really needed it.

I'm terribly clumsy, though, so buying glasses are never really a very good investment as their life expectancy is very low!

I got these ones:

52748_PE154325_S4.jpg

And I am drinking this tonight to inaugurate the new glasses:

W0091-2.jpg

2006, not 2004, for us.

From Tucson, Arizona
To New Mexico
From Las Vegas
To San Diego
She's my Santa Fe
She's my Albuquerque
She Brings me breakfast
She's my guacamole
She's my enchilada
She's my chili con carne
She's my jumping bean
Won't, don't ever leave her
Ohh yeah
Love the little girl
I love that little girl
Die for you, baby
Dive for you, baby
You're my mother of pearl
Ooh, right now.
Oh, Jeanie
I'm smarter than you think
I tumble over
You keep me spilling my drink
I need you around
more than I care to mention
I keep falling over
Just to attract your attention

I absolutely love that they're eating Mexican food.

The combination of eighties U2 and the most rad cuisine this side of Indian is simply too fantastic for me to handle. I.e., that's the best bit of the documentary.

That's what I told the wife when she asked whether we really needed it.

I'm terribly clumsy, though, so buying glasses are never really a very good investment as their life expectancy is very low!

I got these ones:

52748_PE154325_S4.jpg

And I am drinking this tonight to inaugurate the new glasses:

W0091-2.jpg

2006, not 2004, for us.

This post receives the Axver Seal Of Approval.

Ah yeah, how many other people do you live with? Landlords can be a bit of a bitch sometimes. Hope yours isn't too bad.

Yeah, that's the best thing about it! So you can see what ridiculously good song Axver has voted out way too soon.

Just me and my wife (we are newly-weds). Landlords are really picky here (for my apartment it's a real estate agency rather than a person), so I'm sure I'll have to paint lots of walls when we leave. Or cover them with

360781.jpg

Axver. How would you have felt if Bono got hit by that train he carelessly was walking in front of :tsk:

Just uploaded two more photos.

Here's one just of the sun. I am quite fond of this.

s640x480

And the composition of this picture pleases me now that I've cropped out the end of an antennae that unexpectedly poked into the right-hand side. Plus, fuck that's red.

s640x480

These pictures look :drool: I like how there is some sort of very thin cloud dividing the sun in two halves in the first one. Seriously, :applaud:

It is also great that the street lights on the second one are turned on.

Where the hell are they in this documentary. I mean, they are like in thee most backwoods city in Arizona. I can't imagine they were actually doing anything of importance.

These pictures look :drool: I like how there is some sort of very thin cloud dividing the sun in two halves in the first one. Seriously, :applaud:

It is also great that the street lights on the second one are turned on.

That's some especially thick smoke. It was just amazing being out there, since there wasn't a cloud in the sky, but the sky still looked grey thanks to the smoke.

The streetlight being on really adds a nice touch.

God, I love the randomness of this documentary. Bono just standing in the middle of nowhere singing while the camera pans around? What the fuck?

Oh, and I remember why Wowy's just randomly on the DVD now. Because all of the other videos are jammed into the documentary.

Where the hell are they in this documentary. I mean, they are like in thee most backwoods city in Arizona. I can't imagine they were actually doing anything of importance.

Have you ever taken a close look at the start of the schedule for the JT Tour's first leg?

U2 The Joshua Tree 1st leg: North America - U2 on tour

Tucson ... Las Cruces ... what the hell? An inauspicious start to the tour that took U2 into stadium superstardom!

God, I love the randomness of this documentary. Bono just standing in the middle of nowhere singing while the camera pans around? What the fuck?

Oh, and I remember why Wowy's just randomly on the DVD now. Because all of the other videos are jammed into the documentary.

I don't think you've even got to the bit where they're playing drunk in some backwater pub. Those bodes well.

Have you ever taken a close look at the start of the schedule for the JT Tour's first leg?

U2 The Joshua Tree 1st leg: North America - U2 on tour

Tucson ... Las Cruces ... what the hell? An inauspicious start to the tour that took U2 into stadium superstardom!

What the fuck guys. Seriously. I get the whole desert thing, but you didn't have to take it so seriously.

I don't think you've even got to the bit where they're playing drunk in some backwater pub. Those bodes well.

Shit, I haven't seen this since I got it for Christmas...over a year ago. All I really remember is the crazy old man.

ftr, Adam singing in the video for ISHFWILF is....hilarious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom