Leek, Staffordshire Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
yes that is sick, i want to puke. who are you?
:sad: Have you read that book "How to win friends and influence people"?

Good to hear the fires aren't at quite the extent they were. There were some very powerful and emotional images coming out that left me in a state of disbelief.

Anyways, I must go pay some attention to real life. Catch you later.

:sad: Have you read that book "How to win friends and influence people"?

Good to hear the fires aren't at quite the extent they were. There were some very powerful and emotional images coming out that left me in a state of disbelief.

haha sorry see above. i was just surprised to see a new face in the st

Speaking of pictures, I've been picspamming away with my own photos from Friday, when the thick smoke over Melbourne sent the sunset quite red. For those of you who haven't seen them yet: 2009 Melbourne photos

Good to see you around here again; see you later! :wave:

Speaking of pictures, I've been picspamming away with my own photos from Friday, when the thick smoke over Melbourne sent the sunset quite red. For those of you who haven't seen them yet: 2009 Melbourne photos

Good to see you around here again; see you later! :wave:

These are nice! I like the one with the sun hiding behind the trees. Good job!

Oh I've heard this before. I used to have it on a burnt CD that I frequently listened to in my car. If I recall correctly, my dad was driving with me once while I was listening to it. He was not impressed.

These are nice! I like the one with the sun hiding behind the trees. Good job!

Thanks! That's my favourite of the lot too. I'm currently editing a couple of other images to upload ... all of the ones I uploaded are just raw, the only processing I've done is to reduce their size a bit so that they upload faster. But a couple need some cropping, so I'm doing that now.

It was a stunning sunset. The moon was quite yellow too ... rather hard to photograph accurately without a tripod though. When I extended my zoom right out, handshake made it a little blurry.

phew, i got one post in cockburn.

(missed the whole thread because i was participating in some *insert bad pun about cockburn here* last night)

Hey Ax, you might want to take note of this, or your dear stats spreadsheet'll be ruint!

Thanks! That's my favourite of the lot too. I'm currently editing a couple of other images to upload ... all of the ones I uploaded are just raw, the only processing I've done is to reduce their size a bit so that they upload faster. But a couple need some cropping, so I'm doing that now.

It was a stunning sunset. The moon was quite yellow too ... rather hard to photograph accurately without a tripod though. When I extended my zoom right out, handshake made it a little blurry.

The colors are stunning really. And I would have guess you'd used a tripod, it looks steady to me. Have you been doing photography for a long time?

Guess what folks...it's time for breakfast.

At this point, however, with my sleeping the way it isn't...breakfast has definitely become some strange dinner.

The colors are stunning really. And I would have guess you'd used a tripod, it looks steady to me. Have you been doing photography for a long time?

I'm just totally in love with how vivid the colours are from this camera. It's a Canon 40D, a semi-professional DSLR; I haven't had it long but the damn thing just about makes you a good photographer. Before that, I was using just a dodgy point-and-shoot digital camera that I'd had since Christmas 2007. I only expected to use it occasionally, but I quickly got addicted to photography.

My lens has image stabilisation, so for short exposures like I was using in those photographs of the sun, I didn't need a tripod. But shooting at night requires much more stability, and I would've really liked to do somewhat longer exposures of the moon. I'll upload an image of the moon soon and you'll see it's not as precisely defined as the sun.

I'm just totally in love with how vivid the colours are from this camera. It's a Canon 40D, a semi-professional DSLR; I haven't had it long but the damn thing just about makes you a good photographer. Before that, I was using just a dodgy point-and-shoot digital camera that I'd had since Christmas 2007. I only expected to use it occasionally, but I quickly got addicted to photography.

My lens has image stabilisation, so for short exposures like I was using in those photographs of the sun, I didn't need a tripod. But shooting at night requires much more stability, and I would've really liked to do somewhat longer exposures of the moon. I'll upload an image of the moon soon and you'll see it's not as precisely defined as the sun.

Your camera certainly does a great job with the colors! I've been meaning to buy a good camera for a long time, but I just can't fit that into the budget now. I love landscapes, would have a great time traveling around Geneva just to find some good picture spots. But for the time being I don't have many pictures I could be proud of!

How are you going?

Pfft, how does one expect one to act in WTAHAN! No less me, of all people! And really, that chap was on as if he was trying to sell the Book of AB from door to door.

I'm ok. I had a busy weekend putting together IKEA stuff at home. Yourself?

God forbid one should dislike AB and have the courage to post it in WTAHAN. It's almost...like....sacred. This album can't come soon enough, seriously. I try to go there for news, but I think I should just read through the thread titles. While there are threads like "ZOMG the album hasn't leaked part 147" I will assume there are no worthy news!

I'm ok. I had a busy weekend putting together IKEA stuff at home. Yourself?

God forbid one should dislike AB and have the courage to post it in WTAHAN. It's almost...like....sacred. This album can't come soon enough, seriously. I try to go there for news, but I think I should just read through the thread titles. While there are threads like "ZOMG the album hasn't leaked part 147" I will assume there are no worthy news!

Ah, that sounds like fun! My brother's a bit of an IKEA junkie, every now and then we have to go back and buy another table or bookshelf. Not that I mind, though.

Oh, you can get crucified for it. My U2 views are terribly uncommon - I probably wouldn't put JT in my top five, let alone AB - but you get that. I went out there and said blah ad nauseam, so I knew what to expect.
Anyway, WTAHAN is dumb. I don't know why I still check it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom