Leeds Utd - a club in total disarray

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
well i remembered a period a couple of soccer seasons ago where leeds was in the top 4/6 teams and consistently playing in the UEFA cup

but im thinking they are starting to pay for their underachieving on the pitch, they bought players, wanted to contend against the likes of manchester utd, liverpool and arsenal, but have a bare trophy cabinet

im thinking with the hefty spending and lack of dividend, and the fact the overpaid players thinking they were worth more than how much they can provide to the club, they will not only fall into division 1, but they might fall into division 2 or even division 3!

what they need to resurrect this club is to buy mark bosnich! yeh that sounds like a good idea!

I hate to be unfair but I think there's only one Leeds player out there who looks to actually be bothered about playing

and that's Alan Smith

Viduka's behaviour is utterly disgraceful

New Year's 2000 or 2001 they were on top of the league

and prior to that they lost a Champions League semi against Valencia

how the mighty have fallen

unfortuantely the English/European game has been plagued by money issues

you have Man United pulling in 50-60 m in profits and on the other end of the spectrum Notts C. have until December to sort themselves out or be shut down

similar situation at Ipswich (club I support) after our fifth placed finish

Burley's overspending on players like Peralta, Finidi (argh) and to a certain extent Sereni, plus the redevelopment of Portman Road really hurt us when we got relegated

now we're left with a merely good squad rather than the excellent one we had in the UEFA Cup year (Wright, Hreidarsson, Holland, and to some extent Stewart and Scowcroft)

i could manage them , i've got loads of exeprince from Total Club Manager 2003 ;)

for starters they should have not sold Kewell, every team in every sport has to have some period where they preform poorley
but 6-0 to portsmouth is not good!

they didn't have enough dosh to keep Hazza at the club, and I doubt he wanted in anyway

what they've got to now, unfortunately, is really just prepare for relegation

they simply aren't good enough to compete in the division at the moment, and they're going to be worse off once Viduka leaves

the best they can do is to try and hang on to Smith and Milner in Janurary (the rest, apart from Robinson, are absolute rubbish but no way he's going to be staying) and try and shore up the defence a little (starting by getting rid of Roque Jnr.)

I don't think they're going to go down the Sheffield Wednesday route anytime soon.

What about Blackburn?

Rovers have not really placed the Duffer since he's left. After the 5-1 against Wolves I thought they'd have a decent season but they've really overachieved last season. Amoruso looks crap, Ferguson looks horribly out of his depth, Emerton and Reid, while good, are not Damien Duff, and while Friedel is absolutely brilliant he's not getting any help from players like Gresko.

So Reidy went today, which had to happen I guess. The Board have to be seen to be taking action. Well, how about telling the players a few home truths then? I'd like to see a Board who have the guts to do that. But then I don't see any pigs flying either.

Back
Top Bottom