Led Zepplin Joins the Digital Age!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Justin24

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
http://music.yahoo.com/read/news/50384835

Led Zeppelin to sell music online

10/15/2007 6:21 AM, Reuters

British rockers Led Zeppelin will offer their music online for the first time next month, they said on Monday.

The band, whose reunion gig in London in November prompted more than a million fans to apply for 10,000 available tickets, is one of the last major pop music acts to offer their catalogue digitally.

From November 13, Led Zeppelin, which disbanded in 1980 following the death of drummer John Bonham, will make its albums available for download from all online music retailers.

The group behind such hits as "Stairway to Heaven" and "Communication Breakdown," which has sold an estimated 300 million albums worldwide, joins the digital revolution sweeping the music industry as physical CD sales continue to fall.

"We are pleased that the complete Led Zeppelin catalogue will now be available digitally," said guitarist Jimmy Page.

"The addition of the digital option will better enable fans to obtain their music in whichever manner they prefer," he said in a statement.

As well as downloads, Led Zeppelin is teaming up with mobile provider Verizon Wireless to provide ring tones and full song downloads. Verizon Wireless is owned by Verizon Communications Inc and Vodafone Group Plc.

The band hit the headlines in September with the announcement of a one-off reunion gig on November 26 as a tribute to the late founder of Atlantic Records, Ahmet Ertegun, who signed Led Zeppelin in 1968.

The group will also release "Mothership," a two-CD collection spanning the group's 12-year career and a remixed version of "The Song Remains the Same" soundtrack from the band's three-night stint at Madison Square Garden in 1973.

SeattleVertigo said:
It was irony.

But it is true, I don't much believe in CDs anymore.

They sound better. Much better.

And I've never heard of a cd player crashing and destroying all your music.

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

No kidding. :sad:

All it takes is one bad crash to reconsider your views on digital music. Or your views on actually backing that shit up.

CD>MP3.

If my Mac blows up, I still have 1,000 CD's to load into my new "music player."

Do you know how long it takes to rip 1000 CDs to a computer?

I have a big 20GB ITunes Music folder...it has my whole catalog of music in it. I have that folder backed up fully in two different places.

Plus, for mobility, digital wins every time. I have hundreds and hundreds of records in the palm of my hand with an IPod.

MrBrau1 said:

They sound better. Much better.

And I've never heard of a cd player crashing and destroying all your music.

Ive never seen an mp3 player with a scratch on it affect the songs.

t8thgr8 said:

Huh. Songs on my itunes (don't have an ipod) will pop and skip, but the cds the songs came from still sound perfect. :shrug:

t8thgr8 said:

MP3's can pop and skip.

I've heard them do it.

Hard drives shit the bed and take down thousands of songs.

A scratched '45 takes down 1 song.

I just had to read Huck Finn, so I'm getting used to reading massacres of the English language.

Sorry I am not as perfect as you, and since when did spelling really matter on a message board with a bunch of people who lust over a band and other topics?

Justin24 said:
Sorry I am not as perfect as you, and since when did spelling really matter on a message board with a bunch of people who lust over a band and other topics?

Nah, spelling doesn't bother me much. Not everybody has to be a perfectionist like me. It's what said in the posts that matter.

But Peyton Manning appearing in people's houses by magic was pretty funny. :up:

Back
Top Bottom