Led Zeppelin Survivor: rarities - round 1

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vote for your least favorite song

• Hey Hey What Can I Do

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Traveling Riverside Blues

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

LemonMelon

More 5G Than Man
Last round, I Can't Quit You Baby was eliminated with 4 votes, so Wearing And Tearing moves on to the final round.

Finalists:

Good Times Bad Times
Dazed And Confused
Whole Lotta Love
What Is And What Should Never Be
Since I've Been Loving You
Tangerine
Black Dog
Rock And Roll
Stairway To Heaven
The Rain Song
Over The Hills And Far Away
The Ocean
The Rover
In My Time Of Dying
Ten Years Gone
Wanton Song
Nobody's Fault But My Own
In The Evening
Wearing And Tearing

This will be quick, but some here feel that these songs deserve a shot, so I'll comply. 1 song makes it through to the final round.

Hey Hey What Can I Do

Baby Come On Home

Traveling Riverside Blues

The Girl I Love She Got Long Black Wavy Hair

The first three of these are from the The Complete Recordings, and The Girl I Love is from the BBC collection. Not sure what to vote for as I'm not sure I've heard all of these.

Links up in the original post.

The Girl I Love She Got Long Black Wavy Hair gets my vote; it's absolutely awesome (just like the others), but clearly just Moby Dick with lyrics.

I really like Travelling Riverside Blues and I hope it goes through to the finals. The song was orginally written in the 30's by Robert Johnson but totally rearranged by Zeppelin. It was orginally recorded in '69 at the BBC Studios, so its really a 'Live at the BBC' track .... still, I think it was the best song to be 'unearthed' when the boxed set was released.

It was rumoured to be considered for LZ11, but they would have had to chose between including The Lemon Song or TRB on the album, because the two songs are both borrowed from Robert Johnson and they have overlapping lyrics.

"Squeeze my lemon" .......... classic stuff :D

I'm voting out The Girl That I love this round

I haven't voted in the rarities rounds (round 1? here) since I've never heard some of these. Listening to the links now - thanks for posting :up:

ETA: I have heard Traveling Riverside Blues before

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom