Led Zeppelin Survivor: Physical Graffiti - round 4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vote for your least favorite song

• Custard Pie

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Rover

• Houses Of The Holy

• Kashmir

• Ten Years Gone

• Wanton Song

• Sick Again

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

LemonMelon

More 5G Than Man
Last round, Trampled Underfoot was eliminated with 8 votes. Yes, it did receive 8 votes. Hardy screwed up, and I trust him enough to let his non-official vote count. I don't want to hear any bitching about this: Seaside lives to see another day.

Finalists:

Good Times Bad Times
Dazed And Confused
Whole Lotta Love
What Is And What Should Never Be
Since I've Been Loving You
Tangerine
Black Dog
Rock And Roll
Stairway To Heaven
The Rain Song
Over The Hills And Far Away
The Ocean

it fits like a glove on Graffiti.

Yeah, the sound really does fit perfectly on PG!

Do you guys actually like Night Flight a lot or something?? I listened to it again during lunch. It's okay but the remaining are much better IMO.

Bron Yr Aur :heart: I think I like it more than the Stomp!

Does anybody know why Houses Of The Holy wasn't on... you know, Houses Of The Holy?

Thanks for counting my vote LM. I tried contacting Khan last night, but I'm non premium and didn't seem to allow that option. Anyways, not that big a deal. Shouldn't affect the final outcome :)

Zoots, LM is right. I think the song was recorded at the same time as the other HOTH tracks, but just didn't make it on. It does seem to fit better regardless, on PG.

I'll go with Bron here. It has no chance. Then I'm back to In the Light

I'm really having a difficult time understanding the abrupt showing of support for Down by the Seaside. To each their own, I suppose. With Trampled gone, my top 3 becomes much more cloudy. In My Time of Dying, Houses, and The Wanton Song are all worthy of advancing with Kashmir and Ten Years Gone in my opinion.

I have a terrible feeling that The Rover is going to get voted off long before it deserves too.

The Rover kicks ass.

Today's best rock guitarists only dream of coming up with a riff like that.

Then again, you can say that for any number of Zeppelin riffs.

The Rover :rockon:

Bron-Y-Aur, to save Seaside.

But I really do think it's a beautiful instrumental, and once used it in a short film I made in college (no, not in the 70's when the album came out!!).

I guess I'll just vote to encourage a double elimination. Since it's tied at the moment, I'll abstain.

Fuck, I love Bron-Yr-Aur.

The voting for this album has sucked. Argh.

I guess I'll have no choice to vote for it to save Seaside again, which is such a beautiful tune. Why do people not like it? Just curious...

Okay, all you people that don't particularly like this strategic voting business go talk about it in my thread in Don't Expect Suggest.

[end of shameless plug]

Yeah, I don't understand the distaste for Seaside, either. Because it's not a generic LedZep rocker? I love the drums and that watery sound Page gets from the guitar.

And then that breakdown 3/4 of the way through?

This is like one of my 2 or 3 favs on here.

Fuck, I love Bron-Yr-Aur.

I guess I'll have no choice to vote for it to save Seaside again, which is such a beautiful tune. Why do people not like it? Just curious...

I would not say that I dislike it, it just does not in my mind stand up to the competition from what is an incredibly strong album. Plant really fumbles lyrically on it as well. If it is to be interpreted as an environmental plea, That's the Way is much more successful. I feel that Zeppelin are at their best when not simply rocking, but there are far better examples of their eclecticism than Seaside - Going to California, Ten Years Gone, etc.

I can't believe no one's voted for Custard Pie yet.

Well, I would have just like the last round.

I always used to just vote straight up for the weakest but I guess I'm playing asshole strategy now.

Yeah, strategy itself probably makes it more fun but how the fuck do these two songs go against each other? Assholes. :wink:

Sometimes i wonder if these polls should be blind. You have no idea what's winning, and can only see the results once you vote.

It would be a lot more honest and legit, no?

I mean, we could try and convince everyone to vote without looking first on an honor system, don't know how that would go over. I mean, it doesn't just show you the results, you have to actively click to see them until you've voted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom