Led Zeppelin Survivor: Physical Graffiti - round 1

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vote for your least favorite song

• Custard Pie

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • In My Time Of Dying

• Houses Of The Holy

• Trampled Under Foot

• Kashmir

• Bron-Yr-Aur

• Ten Years Gone

• The Wanton Song

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

LemonMelon

More 5G Than Man
Last round we had a triple elimination, with The Song Remains The Same, Dancing Days, and No Quarter all being eliminated with 4 votes, so we move on to Physical Graffiti. Four songs from PG will proceed.

Finalists:

Good Times Bad Times
Dazed And Confused
Whole Lotta Love
What Is And What Should Never Be
Since I've Been Loving You
Tangerine
Black Dog
Rock And Roll
Stairway To Heaven
The Rain Song
Over The Hills And Far Away
The Ocean

Great album. I'm voting for Boogie With Stu here.

Pulling for Custard Pie, Bron-Yr-Aur, Ten Years Gone, and Sick Again. :pray:

This is indeed very difficult, and will be almost impossible after this.

I'm likely one of the few people you'll ever talk to who thinks the second half is vastly superior to the first, so don't be surprised if I make some off-the-wall votes down the line. :lol:

I have no fucking clue what to vote for here.

I'm almost tempted to go with Kashmir. But nah.

I'll think about it some more and get back to you.

I can't bring myself to vote for Boogie With Stu or Black Country Woman. I love those two songs, the loose feel that they have. I like how Plant says to leave the plane in at the beginning of Black Country Woman.

Everything on this album fucking rocks. I'm having a hard time choosing. I'm tempted to vote for The Rover.

I'm likely one of the few people you'll ever talk to who thinks the second half is vastly superior to the first, so don't be surprised if I make some off-the-wall votes down the line. :lol:

Uhh, Disc Two is WAY better.

Don't feel strange.

Ten Years Gone FTW.

I remember someone telling me back many years ago that side 3 was the "sexy" side :hmm: :shifty:

Boogie With Stu

This is gonna be a tough album to vote on!

Boogie with Stu. And I cannot help but feel that "The Ocean" does not belong with the other finalists - Dancing Days and No Quarter are both far superior in my opinion.

My three for this album are as follows, for anyone interested:
Kashmir
Trampled Underfoot
Ten Years Gone

I still don't know what to do so I'll go with the majority and throw another one on top for Boogie with Stu.

Zep by the numbers

Boogie With Stu and Black Country Woman at least have a little personality to them. Boogie being a decent ode to the 50's rock they loved and a style of which they always inserted something of into the Whole Lotta Love medley live. At least half a dozen songs here are interchangeable to me and reminds me why I never considered this album as strong as any of the first five. Kashmir, In the Light just go on too long. Tedious at best. Ten Years Gone reminds me of No Quarter. Great riff but a lot of space in between. I have no problem voting for most of this album, but Boogie With Stu getting thumped here so convincingly makes little sense. And I'm not saying it should advance, but what makes it such an easy choice right off the bat?

I'll be voting for everything off this album in the finals before anything from the first five releases.

In The Light gets my first vote :yawn:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom