Led Zeppelin Survivor: IV - round 1

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vote for your least favorite song

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

LemonMelon

More 5G Than Man
Last round, That's The Way was eliminated with 6 votes.

Finalists:

Good Times Bad Times
Dazed And Confused
Whole Lotta Love
What Is And What Should Never Be
Since I've Been Loving You
Tangerine

Now we move on to IV. Three tracks will be in the final draw. For the record, go Black Dog, Going To California, and When The Levee Breaks. :rockon:

This should be the easiest vote in the entire Zeppelin survivor.

Four Sticks doesn't compare to ANY of the other iconic tracks here.

Oh, and my top 3 here are Goin to California, When the Levee Breaks, and Stairway.

I think.

Last edited:
As cliched as this may sound, I really hope Stairway makes it to the final! It's just the perfect blend of melodic and rocking and has one of the greatest solos ever!

Yeah, if Stairway doesn't make at least the top 3 off this album it will be bullshit. I don't care.

If When The Levee Breaks doesn't win the whole thing, I will have lost my faith in B&C.

And I agree Zoots, Stairway definitely deserves to move on. Just because it's been overplayed at classic rock radio cannot diminish the fact that it is an all-time classic among classics.

Four Sticks is the easy choice here. After that, shit it gets hard, although Rock And Roll and Misty Mountain Hop will probably battle it out for my next choice.

Stairway is absolutely brilliant. But no way does it deserve to get into the finals over Black Dog or Levee, which are Zeppelin.

1. Black Dog
2. When The Levee Breaks
3. Going To California
4. Stairway To Heaven
5. Misty Mountain Hop
6. Rock N' Roll
7. The Battle Of Evermore
8. Four Sticks

Please note, everything but Four Sticks is fantastic.

Yeah, it's fine. I like it well enough. Would have maybe made it a few rounds had it been on III.

(Top two being pretty close to interchangeable):

1. Goin' to California
2. Stairway
3. Levee
4. Rock and Roll
5. Misty Mountain Hop
6. Black Dog
7. Evermore
8. Four Sticks

I'm listening RIGHT NOW to When the Levee Breaks. My speakers are turned up to very maximum.

jesus christ, it rocks.

seriously.

Screwy's least favorites on the first four albums are as follows:

I - Dazed And Confused
II - Bring It On Home
III - Tangerine (actually, Hats Off To Roy Harper probably, but that doesn't count)
IV - When The Levee Breaks

His tastes in Zeppelin are different from everybody's.

1. Stairway
2. Black Dog
3. When The Levee Breaks
4. Rock and Roll
5. Misty Mtn.
6. Going to California
7. Four Sticks
8. Battle

Are you serious? It's a choice for you? :grumpy:

:lol: Black Dog kicks ass, no doubt. But Four Sticks is eerie and rocking! I love Plant's voice in that song! And somewhere after the 3 min mark, when those horns (?) kick in the song is taken to another level! :drool: Yeah... all these songs are equally awesome. This is extremely difficult.

:lol: Black Dog kicks ass, no doubt. But Four Sticks is eerie and rocking! I love Plant's voice in that song! And somewhere after the 3 min mark, when those horns (?) kick in the song is taken to another level! :drool: Yeah... all these songs are equally awesome. This is extremely difficult.

It's Plant's vocal on that one that makes it such an easy choice for me. Listened to it again today, and it's just so...screechy. :yikes: Other than the sped-up vocals on HOTH, I'm not sure if he ever went that high ever again.

On a positive note, the listen proved just how kick-ass this album is. Levee is sick. And, though it was overplayed, I'll be very disappointed if Misty Mountain Hop gets ousted early.

The fear when this came out was that Zep was gonna continue on with the more folky approach that III was. But that was laid to rest quickly............ "Hey hey mama said the way you move, gonna make you sweat, gonna make you groove.......... Kaboom!

Another tour de force by all four members, but Bonzo really shines here, especially on Levee, Misty Mountain & Four Sticks & of course the opening to Rock & Roll (which, as shown by son Jason at the reunion show, just cannot be duplicated). And every song on here could have reason to move on. But picking 3 that truly stand out here without penalizing for overplay on classic rock stations over the last 30 years is easy. Black Dog, Rock & Roll and Stairway to Heaven are three of the greatest Zeppelin songs that exist and are all on the same album. We can fight all we want over the order of the next 5 rounds, but these 3 should be in the final epic battle :rockon:

Found an old love letter a few years back from a girlfriend from the Zep days. It was signed "The May Queen" :lol:

Battle of Evermore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom