Led Zeppelin Survivor: In Through The Out Door - round 4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vote for your least favorite song

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

LemonMelon

More 5G Than Man
Last round, South Bound Saurez and I'm Gonna Crawl were eliminated with 5 votes.

Finalists:

Good Times Bad Times
Dazed And Confused
Whole Lotta Love
What Is And What Should Never Be
Since I've Been Loving You
Tangerine
Black Dog
Rock And Roll
Stairway To Heaven
The Rain Song
Over The Hills And Far Away
The Ocean
The Rover
In My Time Of Dying
Ten Years Gone
Wanton Song
Nobody's Fault But My Own

This whole album could be eleminated as far as i'm concerned, but I do have a soft spot for Fool in the Rain, so my elimination vote goes to In The Evening

Using the logic from (LemonMelon, I think) another round where he argued that Zep have "already done [this] harder and better", I'm going with Fool In The Rain. Since, a) Fool's style seems to be the flavor of at least 1/2 the album (FITR, Hot Dog, South Bound Suarez, part 3 of Carouselambra) and better represents ITTOD, and b) though "In The Evening" is great, Zep have done full-forth rock harder and better in the past.

Using the logic from (LemonMelon, I think) another round where he argued that Zep have "already done [this] harder and better", I'm going with Fool In The Rain. Since, a) Fool's style seems to be the flavor of at least 1/2 the album (FITR, Hot Dog, South Bound Suarez, part 3 of Carouselambra) and better represents ITTOD, and b) though "In The Evening" is great, Zep have done full-forth rock harder and better in the past.

:angry: Your [my] logic makes sense.

But In The Evening is too good to apply.

LM, are you combining the extra bonus songs into the Coda round, or leaving them separate? I can't remember.

Please tell me you are separating them.

Separating.

But I'm going to need your help in cobbling together a list of rarities, because I only know of a couple. :uhoh:

Good, cuz I'd like to see Wearing And Tearing get some love.

As for the bonus tracks, there are only four:

Hey Hey What Can I Do
Baby Come On Home
White Summer/Black Mountain Side
Traveling Riverside Blues

The BBC album, although live, did contain another previously unreleased Zep tune called The Girl I Love She Got Long Black Wavy Hair. Don't know if people would want that one included.

Oh, and the original box set contained a bizarre mix of Moby Dick/Bonzo's Montreaux. It's a unique edit, but I don't know if you should bother with it.

I'm all for a round that's only four songs long. :lol: I'll add in The Girl I Love. It's fairly well known.

Oh shit I forgot about The Girl I Love She Got Long Black Wavy Hair!!! (TGILSGLBWH)

That song fucking rocks. I like that one more than a handful of the finalists we have already.

:angry: Your [my] logic makes sense.

But In The Evening is too good to apply.

:lol:

I love both, so I'd be happy with either in the finals. But let's be real, neither is going to win this thing.

But I do think Fool better represents what they (at least Jones/Plant, and as they were the ones who showed up for most of the ITTOD sessions, they get to call the shots) were going for on this album. Half the album is infused with that, what I think is called 12-bar blues, sound . . . a la "Rock 'n Roll".

Just imagine where all 4 could've taken that sound/theme if Jimmy hadn't been strung out on heroine and Bonzo hadn't been drinking himself to death. Ahhh, this could've been a major shift in sound like the legendary "Achtung, Baby" turn.

But still, I love most of the songs on this album, so I shouldn't complain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom