Led Zeppelin Survivor: Houses Of The Holy - round 1

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vote for your least favorite song

• The Rain Song

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Over The Hills And Far Away

• Dancing Days

• No Quarter

• The Ocean

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

LemonMelon

More 5G Than Man
Last round, When The Levee Breaks was eliminated with 8 votes. :angry:

Finalists:

Good Times Bad Times
Dazed And Confused
Whole Lotta Love
What Is And What Should Never Be
Since I've Been Loving You
Tangerine
Black Dog
Rock And Roll
Stairway To Heaven

The Crunge is terrible. The one weak spot on a diverse and brilliant album.

I can handle the white reggae of D'yer Maker, but not the white funk. Sorry.

:sad:

D'yer Mak'er is like Led Zeppelin covering the Backstreet Boys in reggae mode. Sugary pap! :yuck:

SHUT UP! :mad:

This album is pretty much perfect. They should all go through.

These polls make me angry. None of these songs should be eliminated (except that sill Roy Harper song). STOP THESE POLLS NAO!

I'll vote for the Crunge though.

What is so great about Jamaicer? Boring song that I either regularly skip or replace with the much better Traveling Riverside Blues...

Okay I'll shut up. :sigh:

Rain Song is so gorgeous! :heart: But I've never even thought of comparing it with Stairway! lol. But now that you mention it, I guess they both start slow and end in a big finale. Although, Rain Song's slow buildup is a lot longer and the climax doesn't rock as much as that of Stairway.

This album reminds me of when your totally pissed as a fart, hearing half conversations.

Bye D'yer Mak'er

:drunk: That's a strange comparison.

Rain Song is better anyway.

Ok, now we're bordering on revisionist history. I know it's just your opinion LM, but Rain Song better than Stairway? :coocoo:

How come on some of the Bowie albums 5 songs got through, but only 3 here. If 4 were allowed from IV, everyone's feathers wouldn't be so ruffled. But plenty of songs deserved to move on besides Levee. How Many More Times, Lemon Song, Ramble On, That's The Way, etc.........
......... Well, I guess it is What Is And What Should Never Be :)

What the heck was Plant sucking on for this album, Helium? The vocals detract from some great songs here like Song Remains the Same, Over the Hills & Far Away imo. But I agree this is probably their most diverse album. D'yer Maker, Crunge already mentioned. No Quarter & Rain Song bordering on progressive (which wasn't a term yet) rock. But it shouldn't be a surprise, since bands like Yes were nearly as big as Zeppelin in the early to mid 70's, and would no doubt influence the sounds coming out from other groups. Just as Zeppelin IV & Stairway to Heaven created the blueprint for all the fm radio hard rock that was soon to follow.

I find the sound of Bonzo a bit disappointing on some of Houses as compared to IV. The power of Levee, Misty Mountain, Black Dog, Rock & Roll missing here. Perhaps he wasn't allowed to use Four Sticks on this album :yes:

However, live, these songs :rockon: ! No Quarter live :drool:

Ok, now we're bordering on revisionist history. I know it's just your opinion LM, but Rain Song better than Stairway? :coocoo:

Bah, you just prefer IV in general. :wink: This is my favorite Zep album without a doubt.

How come on some of the Bowie albums 5 songs got through, but only 3 here. If 4 were allowed from IV, everyone's feathers wouldn't be so ruffled. But plenty of songs deserved to move on besides Levee. How Many More Times, Lemon Song, Ramble On, That's The Way, etc.........
......... Well, I guess it is What Is And What Should Never Be :)

Context, my friend. This tournament was preceded by a thread discussing how it would be framed, and we decided that anything over 20 songs would be too long of a final draw, so we settled on:

I - 2 songs
II - 2 songs
III - 2 songs
IV - 3 songs
HOTH - 3 songs
PG - 4 songs (2 x 2 because it's a double album)
Presence - 1 song
ITTOD - 1 song
Coda - 1 song
Rarities - 1 song

20 songs total.

After thinking about it, I'm not positive on what the other two are that I want to advance but I am positive that I want the Ocean to make it....

"I used to sing upon mountains but the mountains washed away"

Bah, you just prefer IV in general. :wink: This is my favorite Zep album without a doubt.

Context, my friend. This tournament was preceded by a thread discussing how it would be framed, and we decided that anything over 20 songs would be too long of a final draw, so we settled on:

I - 2 songs
II - 2 songs
III - 2 songs
IV - 3 songs
HOTH - 3 songs
PG - 4 songs (2 x 2 because it's a double album)
Presence - 1 song
ITTOD - 1 song
Coda - 1 song
Rarities - 1 song

20 songs total.

Got it. Just wondering how the number's were decided. I didn't mind the 3 that got in anyways :)

My 3 here will probably be No Quarter, The Ocean, and Over the Hills. Could change though

Ha! I remember that thread now, I was typing or something while Dave & Brau were going at it and then Sicy came in and kicked Brau out I think. One of his last hurrah's. :lol:

"Hurrah" is one word for it. :giggle: Man, he was a jackass in that thread.

So...should I mercy rule this thing soon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom