Led Zeppelin Survivor: final draw - round 9

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vote for your least favorite song

• What Is And What Should Never Be

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Black Dog

• Rock And Roll

• Stairway To Heaven

• Over The Hills And Far Away

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

LemonMelon

More 5G Than Man
Last round, Dazed And Confused and Ten Years Gone were eliminated with 5 votes.

Finalists:

Good Times Bad Times
Dazed And Confused
Whole Lotta Love
What Is And What Should Never Be
Since I've Been Loving You
Tangerine
Black Dog
Rock And Roll
Stairway To Heaven
The Rain Song
Over The Hills And Far Away
The Ocean
The Rover
In My Time Of Dying
Ten Years Gone
Wanton Song
Nobody's Fault But Mine
In The Evening
Wearing And Tearing
Hey Hey What Can I Do

Now this shit becomes really difficult.

It's down to SIBLY and The Rain Song for me this round.

what to do, what to do...

I'm down with boycotting the rest of this. Their best song got eliminated in round eight. ROUND EIGHT!

Since fucking when is Ten Years Gone the best Led Zeppelin song?

Jeebus. Am I the only one who thinks that proclamation is weird? And I'm not just talkin to you PFan, other people have said it too. I'm just genuinely surprised by that. Whatever.

Jeebus. Am I the only one who thinks that proclamation is weird? And I'm not just talkin to you PFan, other people have said it too. I'm just genuinely surprised by that. Whatever.

Yes but we've already determined your musical taste to be, at best, faulty. :tsk:

And I WILL vote in this round to save Since I've Been Loving You (if I need to/it will help). Holy fuck, guys.

Dave, if you had to live with my musical tastes for 24 hours your head would implode from an over-exposure to sex and awesomeness.

You're lucky you weren't born with this gift. It's my cross to bear.

I'd say my favorite Led Zeppelin tracks are Ten Years Gone, Over the Hills and Far Away, When the Levee Breaks, and Babe I'm Gonna Leave You. Only one of those is left with this many? I'm outraged.

Yes, it is a painful and brutal fact that When the Levee Breaks and Going To California didn't even make the final.

Yes, it is a painful and brutal fact that When the Levee Breaks and Going To California didn't even make the final.

Black Dog is very overrated, and Rock and Roll is a little bit, too. Stairway, GTC, and WTLB should have been the three from IV.

As I sarcastically quipped at Dave, I'm sure this decision will go a long way towards improving matters.

If I wanted to improve things, I'd be involved in politics. I just bitch. All talk, no action. That's how I roll. Sheeeeeet.

Also, here's a point I've been meaning to throw out for some time:

Survivor competitions are, by definition, less about naming your favorite song as it is about finding the one you hate the least. Has it ever occurred to some of you that Good Times Bad Times is here instead of Babe I'm Gonna Leave You (which I don't agree with either, BTW) because Babe tends to annoy some folks, while Good Times is generally liked by everyone, though it's probably not their favorite? The songs that split the fanbase do poorly in these competitions for that reason, as there is no positive vote; it's either no vote or a negative one.

Basically, the system is naturally unfavorable towards your favorites. It's a sad truth.

The Rain Song.

Since I've Been Loving You is Zeppelin at its best. For shame, people.

Also, here's a point I've been meaning to throw out for some time:

Survivor competitions are, by definition, less about naming your favorite song as it is about finding the one you hate the least. Has it ever occurred to some of you that Good Times Bad Times is here instead of Babe I'm Gonna Leave You (which I don't agree with either, BTW) because Babe tends to annoy some folks, while Good Times is generally liked by everyone, though it's probably not their favorite? The songs that split the fanbase do poorly in these competitions for that reason, as there is no positive vote; it's either no vote or a negative one.

Basically, the system is naturally unfavorable towards your favorites. It's a sad truth.

What is this science you use? Good Times Bad Times should have been taken out and beaten with a reed long before the Led Zeppelin I Qualifying Round ended. That it made it through shows that Diebold hand delivered the election to the Republicans. Again.

I've been pissed since When The Levee Breaks didn't even make the cut, so I don't care how fucked up this gets at this point.

And yes, Ten Years Gone is a great fucking song, but it's not the best - no way. So who cares if it went last round or a few rounds later, it wouldn't have made it to the end anyway.

I can't in good conscience vote for 3 of the 4 songs selected so far ..... they're just too damn good to be eliminated, which leaves Tangerine

hhmmmm

I'm going out on my own, being non tactical, choosing my least favourite of the songs remaining and voting Good Times Bad Times

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom