Led Zeppelin reunion is off

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
LONDON - Led Zeppelin fans awaiting the rockers' reunion will have to wait a little longer.

The band's first concert in two decades, scheduled for Nov. 26, has been postponed until Dec. 10 after guitarist Jimmy Page fractured a finger, organizers said Friday.

"I am disappointed that we are forced to postpone the concert by two weeks," Page said in a statement.

I remember many years ago when Jimmy Page was touring with the Black Crowes, doing (mainly) Zep songs. I caught one of the two Greek Theater shows (which was released on CD), and then they were coming back around. I won 8th row tix on the radio. The show was postponed once, and rescheduled, only to ultimately be cancelled, all due to Jimmy Page's bad back :|

At first glance, I might have mistaken this as a blessing in disguise.

Either way, well, hopefully Jimmy’s ‘finger’ will heal.

phanan said:
A delay of two weeks is a bit different than the reunion being off...

Yeah, but that's a less exciting subject line.

I have my suspicions... a fractured finger only postponing it 2 weeks? They either knew of this awhile back and never said anything, or it's not a true fracture.

ZeroDude said:
At first glance, I might have mistaken this as a blessing in disguise.
The blessing is that Phil Collins is not involved in this reunion peformance.......

You heard it hear first:

Led Zeppelin will tour in 2008....the Cult will open for them.

I am 100% confident in this info...even though my source is just a friend of someone in the know. The original source works for a promoter in CA...:hmm:

Flame away....but remember when the official announcement comes later this month or early next year...you heard it hear first.

If it falls through...shame on me...I'll take the heat...:yes:

There's a whole article on Zep in the new Rolling Stone. Unfortunately, I have yet to find the time to read it :|

Something to look forward to in 2008 :up: :hyper:

Reggie Thee Dog said:
You heard it hear first:

Led Zeppelin will tour in 2008....the Cult will open for them.

I am 100% confident in this info...even though my source is just a friend of someone in the know. The original source works for a promoter in CA...:hmm:

Flame away....but remember when the official announcement comes later this month or early next year...you heard it hear first.

If it falls through...shame on me...I'll take the heat...:yes:

what about Robert Plant and Alison Krauss Tour thats supposed to be happening (promoting the album they just did) Is he going to do both? At his age? I don't see this happening.. but never say never... :shrug:

Zeppelin w/The Cult opening????? :drool: :combust: X infinity

Even if that is just balderdash, a girl can still dream. :faint:

U2Fanatic4ever said:

what about Robert Plant and Alison Krauss Tour thats supposed to be happening (promoting the album they just did) Is he going to do both? At his age? I don't see this happening.. but never say never... :shrug:

Here's the way I see it, because I was given NO details...so:

Led Zep plays 40-50 shows all stadiums never less than 2 days in between shows. They could hit all the major cities and then some...my guess is the average ticket price will be $75 - $80 and they'll rake in as much money as U2 does during a 100 show tour...:yes:

As for the Alison Krauss tour....that could still happen, and the scheduling could be completely worked out so as to not tax Percy's voice too much...we'll see...:hyper:

Don't forget Jimmy's bad back, factor that into the schedule. And I think ticket prices would be a LOT more than what you suggested. Remember The Police? Rolling Stones? U2?

I see your daughter has taken over your LastFM :giggle:

Lila64 said:
Don't forget Jimmy's bad back, factor that into the schedule. And I think ticket prices would be a LOT more than what you suggested. Remember The Police? Rolling Stones? U2?

I see your daughter has taken over your LastFM :giggle:

True...ticket prices would be more like $125 +....:yes:

And yes...I'm screwed...it's Christmas time and she just watched Titanic...:sigh:

17439402.jpg

I just read the article in Rolling Stone magazine.

And snow, if it happens (them touring) it will have to be 2008's Christmas gift :wink:

I really hope that Led Zep returns even though I'm one of those folks who thinks it still ain't Led Zep because Bonzo's not there. But, if Jason is in there for his dad, then I can deal with that. I have a friend who works in the media who says that if they tour, he's taking me backstage. How fuckin' sweet would that be?

Back
Top Bottom