Led Zeppelin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Which is the best Zeppelin Album?

• I

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • II

Votes: 5 11.6%
  • III

Votes: 3 7.0%
  • IV

Votes: 16 37.2%
  • Houses of the Holy

Votes: 12 27.9%
  • Physical Graffiti

Votes: 5 11.6%
  • Presence

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • In Through the Out Door

• Coda

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

UberBeaver

Breakdancing Soul Pilgrim
Rules.

I'm listening to Physical Graffiti, and it's weird because I love that album, but it seems to be almost a collection of really awesome B-sides at times. There are some A-side songs (Ten Years Gone is their best song ever, in my opinion), but all in all, it just seems like it's the beginning of their end. Thoughts?

Last edited:
xaviMF22 said:

stop being a dick

oh wait.. :|

You're a college student. On a Saturday nite.

WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU HOME PLAYING ON THE INTERNET?

WHY?

Get out there. Make it happen.:sexywink:

Last edited:
From II to Physical Graffiti is just ... an epic five albums in a row.

Houses is probably my choice, though.

Zootlesque said:
See, Houses is awesome except for the bore fest called Dyer Maker.

But that's the biggest break from the typical Zep sound.

Ever.

I thought you were all about innovation/boundary breaking and all that nonsense?

Guess not.

MrBrau1 said:

But that's the biggest break from the typical Zep sound.

Ever.

I thought you were all about innovation/boundary breaking and all that nonsense?

Guess not.

Why are you being rude to everybody lately? Are you asking to be banned again? :huh:

I'm not fond of Dyer Maker because I think it is repetitive and boring. I don't care if it was a new style or whatever for them.

UberBeaver said:

Achilles and Kashmir, however, bore the shit out of me.

You win! :happy: Both of those are decent, but boy are they overrated.

III needs more credit.

Immigrant Song
Celebration Day
Gallows Pole
Tangerine
That's The Way

:drool: :drool: :drool:

Zootlesque said:

Why are you being rude to everybody lately? Are you asking to be banned again? :huh:

I'm not fond of Dyer Maker because I think it is repetitive and boring. I don't care if it was a new style or whatever for them.

Thy skin, it is thin.

As soon as I saw that poll I immediately thought "that's easy, it's Led Zeppelin IV".

And then I thought about it.

Now I'm stumped to the point that I can't make up my mind.

We need to do the Led Zeppelin Survivor after Radiohead.

Ten Years Gone is unbelievable (listening to it right now). And I can't wait to listen to The Rain Song after it's done.

Led Zeppelin is one of those bands I hear every single day (literally) but never really listen to. Now that this thread's given me reason to really listen...wow.

Wow.

One of the top 5 greatest bands of all time. I don't respect anybody's taste in music who doesn't agree with that.

DaveC said:

One of the top 5 greatest bands of all time. I don't respect anybody's taste in music who doesn't agree with that.

:hi5: My second favorite band, right between the Beatles and U2.

:hi5:

Beatles
U2
Pink Floyd
Led Zeppelin

And one more that I don't really care to choose. Maybe Bob Dylan or Neil Young.

Not necessarily in that order, either.

DaveC said:
:hi5:

Beatles
U2
Pink Floyd
Led Zeppelin

And one more that I don't really care to choose. Maybe Bob Dylan or Neil Young.

Not necessarily in that order, either.

:yes: Floyd goes in and out of my top 5. Bowie, Radiohead, and Beck would all be up there as well.

It's the strangest thing, but the older I get, and the more music I listen to by other artists, the more I appreciate Bob Dylan. The guy really was brilliant. :heart:

LemonMelon said:

:yes: Floyd goes in and out of my top 5. Bowie, Radiohead, and Beck would all be up there as well.

It's the strangest thing, but the older I get, and the more music I listen to by other artists, the more I appreciate Bob Dylan. The guy really was brilliant. :heart:

I had a Bob Dylan epiphany in the summer of 2005 after watching Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas.

His version of Mr. Tambourine Man is (I originally said "may be" here, but then I realized how foolish it is to think that it isn't) one of the best songs of all time. There's another tune that goes on my funeral playlist.

ETA: I just realized I never had the full version of Ten Years Gone on my computer...only about 2:30 of it. Just downloaded the whole thing though, and I'm starting it now.

DaveC said:
ETA: I just realized I never had the full version of Ten Years Gone on my computer...only about 2:30 of it. Just downloaded the whole thing though, and I'm starting it now.

My head just exploded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom