Led Zeppelin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Which is the best Zeppelin Album?

• I

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • II

Votes: 5 11.6%
  • III

Votes: 3 7.0%
  • IV

Votes: 16 37.2%
  • Houses of the Holy

Votes: 12 27.9%
  • Physical Graffiti

Votes: 5 11.6%
  • Presence

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • In Through the Out Door

• Coda

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank You is another killer softie, Tangerine, first half of Stairway

But Zep was about the power. Couldn't be otherwise with Bonzo as your drummer :rockon:

troll-web.jpg

xaviMF22 said:
what the hell is your problem? :huh:

The problem is he's an A hole. Plain and simple. Some people never change no matter how many chances you give them. I admit, I'm an idiot for letting him back.

Way back in the day I bought those weird box sets that came out before the actual "albums" box set. These are what I'm talking about for those who may know them:

Led-Zeppelin-Led-Zeppelin-265462.jpg

117px-LedZeppelinBoxSetIIcover.jpg

Because I picked these up at the time, I have no grasp of what their actual studio albums were like. I guess I should make iTunes playlists of each album sometime.

u2popmofo said:
Because I picked these up at the time, I have no grasp of what their actual studio albums were like. I guess I should make iTunes playlists of each album sometime.

I would be very careful of saying that you don't know every track by heart around here, some people might not think you're good enough to express an opinion... :uhoh:

What came on those box sets? I've never seen them before.

Last edited:
They essentially had every Zeppelin tune, or at least I think they did. 4 discs in the first set, 2 discs in the second set. They're all over the map in regards to what songs are on what CDs though.

Weird that they'd break up the albums like that. Most artists from that era that resisted the ability to download individual tracks claimed that was the reason, and I think Plant said something to that effect too, they wouldn't want the experience of listening to the whole album to be destroyed.

:shrug:

Here are the track listings of the sets:

Box Set 1
Disc1
01. Whole Lotta Love
02. Heartbreaker
03. Communication Breakdown
04. Babe I'm Gonna Leave You
05. What Is And What Should Never Be
06. Thank You
07. I Can't Quit You Baby
08. Dazed And Confused
09. Your Time Is Gonna Come
10. Ramble On
11. Travelling Riverside Blues
12. Friends
13. Celebration Day
14. Hey Hey What Can I Do
15. White Summer/Black Mountain Side

Disc2
01. Black Dog
02. Over The Hills And Far Away
03. Immigrant Song
04. The Battle Of Evermore
05. Bron-Y-Aur Stomp
06. Tangerine
07. Going To California
08. Since I've Been Loving You
09. D'yer Mak'er
10. Gallows Pole
11. Custard Pie
12. Misty Mountain Hop
13. Rock And Roll
14. The Rain Song
15. Stairway To Heaven

Disc3
01. Kashmir
02. Trampled Under Foot
03. For Your Life
04. No Quarter
05. Dancing Days
06. When The Levee Breaks
07. Achilles Last Stand
08. The Song Remains The Same
09. Ten Years Gone
10. In My Time Of Dying

Disc4
01. In The Evening
02. Candy Store Rock
03. The Ocean
04. Ozone Baby
05. Houses Of The Holy
06. Wearing And The Tearing
07. Poor Tom
08. Nobody's Fault But Mine
09. Fool In The Rain
10. In The Light
11. The Wanton Song
12. Moby Dick/Bonzo's Montreux
13. I'm Gonna Crawl
14. All My Love

Box Set 2
Disc1
01. Good Times Bad Times
02. We're Gonna Groove
03. Night Flight
04. That's The Way
05. Baby Come On Home (Previously Unreleased)
06. The Lemon Song
07. You Shook Me
08. Boogie With Stu
09. Bron-Yr-Aur
10. Down By The Seaside
11. Out On The Tiles
12. Black Mountain Side
13. Moby Dick
14. Sick Again
15. Hot Dog
16. Carouselambra

Disc2
01. South Bound Saurez
02. Walter's Walk
03. Darlene
04. Black Country Woman
05. How Many More Times
06. The Rover
07. Four Sticks
08. Hats Off To (Roy) Harper
09. I Can't Quit You Baby
10. Hots On For Nowhere
11. Living Loving Maid (She's Just A Woman)
12. Royal Orleans
13. Bonzo's Montreux
14. The Crunge
15. Bring It On Home
16. Tea For One

Last edited:
Heartbreaker leads into Living Loving Maid on Zep ll. When they use to play it on the radio, sometimes they would let it continue and you'd get both songs. They were kinda linked together on the album. So still, when I hear Heartbreaker ending, I can't not think of Living Loving Maid :huh: :)

Boy, that list makes no sense. Gotta get the albums.

Sicy said:

The problem is he's an A hole. Plain and simple. Some people never change no matter how many chances you give them. I admit, I'm an idiot for letting him back.

Why is a mod referring to me as an "A-Hole"?

I'm arguing with someone. That happens.

Last edited:
LemonMelon said:
Why is All My Love in the same set twice? :huh:

The place I copied the tracklists from had it the end part of disc 4 listed at the end of disc 2 for some reason. I just edited it.

Hardyharhar, I agree about Heartbreaker/Living Loving Maid. They SHOULDN'T ever be separate. I don't get what they were thinking with these sets, and I didn't know any better at the time when I bought the first one.

MrBrau1 said:
Yeah, I'm an "A-Hole" cause I question someone who admits they haven't actually heard critical songs relating to the poll. And the mod refers to me as an "A-Hole."

Oh right, that's 'all' you did. Give me a break. You are one and I dont have a problem telling you so. You are rude, insulting, and show absolutely zero respect for other people. Enjoy your time here while you have it.

Sicy said:

Oh right, that's 'all' you did. Give me a break. You are one and I dont have a problem telling you so. You are rude, insulting, and show absolutely zero respect for other people. Enjoy your time here while you have it.

In every sense possible:

QFT

I have that Remastered box set that's 2 discs of the "hits" and then an interview disc that I've never even listened to.

Now there's a 2-disc remastered collection out that I was going to get, but now I'm wondering if I like Zeppelin enough to explore beyond the big songs everyone knows.

I'm undecided. :hmm:

corianderstem said:
I have that Remastered box set that's 2 discs of the "hits" and then an interview disc that I've never even listened to.

Now there's a 2-disc remastered collection out that I was going to get, but now I'm wondering if I like Zeppelin enough to explore beyond the big songs everyone knows.

I'm undecided. :hmm:

If Rain Song, Song Remains The Same, That's The Way, and How Many More Times aren't on the set, you need to start checking out the albums. :wink:

Am I the only one who finds IV overrated? I'm not saying it's bad but I just don't think it's close to the best. As far as "big", early Zeppelin is concerned I think II is far superior.

While When the Levee Breaks and Stairway to Heaven are two mammoth tracks that are hard to top, I think II is more consistent and scores higher overall.

A-holes are people too... or at least parts of people.

As for Led Zeppelin, House of the Holy kicks an unholy (lulz puns) amount of ass.

I know what you're saying Laz, but it's still hard to beat songs like Levee, Evermore, Going to California and the like as far as Zep goes..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom