Least Favorite Band - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
View Poll Results: What is your least favorite band?
Creed (Too much Jesus-poses) 36 52.94%
DMB (*snoooore*) 10 14.71%
Blink 182 (Yeah, they're "punk" alright...) 11 16.18%
The Beatles (Because I'm a loser and I don't respect music from before the incarnation of TRL) 5 7.35%
Rollins Band (Just 'cause) 6 8.82%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-19-2002, 12:32 AM   #46
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 12:44 PM
if this tells you what i voted:

i met a guy who was a creed fan (who dislikes u2) and the first thing i ever said to him was "he thinks he's JESUS".....

creed

Old 07-19-2002, 05:31 AM   #47
Acrobat

Local Time: 05:44 PM
no, not changing my mind on the Beatles at all. no Beatles-No U2??

so there was no influential bands in the 60s and 70s apart from the Beatles??

even oasis, even though by their own admission are extremely influenced by the Beatles, are influenced alot by the likes of the smiths, the jam, even the rolling stones.

and to say the beatles should be above reproach is...well...laughable. and so i shall laugh

Old 07-19-2002, 05:57 AM   #48
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Creed, because their music is just so damn average and personality-free.
Old 07-19-2002, 09:26 AM   #49
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by JOFO

well, I certainly agree about limp biscuit. suck ass. period.

as far as creed, did you know that they once covered "one" and stapp introduced it by saying "here's a song written by u2 before they sucked" ???????

sorry, but not only are the ironies to that comment endless, stapp deserves to be dragged over rock by a horse for that comment.
I bet that comment was made before the release of ATYCLB and the Elevation Tour. I'm sure he must feel like a total fool now.

ccoolhandlaura, have you ever even listened to anything but "She Loves You?" Try the White Album or Abbey Road. I can't believe there isn't something on there that just about anybody woudn't appreciate. What about Sgt. Pepper?

JOFO, I agree, no Beatles, no ANYBODY. They took music from corn and beebop to what rock and roll actually became. Yes there were other influential bands, but they were also influenced by The Beatles! I don't think I've ever seen a documentary on any musical artist or group that didn't list them as an influence, including U2! Yes, I heard Bono on a Beatles special last year say it!

Whether or not a person likes their music (it's such a diverse catalog I can't believe a person couldn't find SOMETHING they like in there, I mean even country and rap fans have!) their importance really cannot be denied, at least not by anyone who is well informed and knows what they're talking about.
Old 07-19-2002, 10:50 AM   #50
Acrobat

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Linkin Park and their angsty crap.

As for Henry Rollins, I don't think he's a talentless moron. I can dig his music if I'm in the mood. I do, however, think he needs to lighten up about the Bono thing, and calling U2 talentless is just ridiculous coming from him.

DMB is pretty cool, actually, a very talented group of people. The don't suck. THey just have a limited fan base and target audience.

Creed just sucks.

Blink 182 sucks, but at least they know they suck.

The Beatles were a bunch of pompous asshoiles who made good music after they started with the drugs.
Old 07-19-2002, 11:16 AM   #51
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:44 AM
crys

these kinds of threads - arguing over who sucks and who doesn't - gives me a headache

yeah i shouldn't have come in here - i did so against my better judgment

okay, carry on
Old 07-19-2002, 11:42 AM   #52
Refugee

I voted for Henry Rollins

He's so jealous of U2 it makes his neck veins stay constantly bulged LOL.
Old 07-19-2002, 01:30 PM   #53
Banned

Milli Vanilli and Elton John

Old 07-19-2002, 04:17 PM   #54
Acrobat

IM NOT SAYING theyre shit, im not saying theyre not influential, im not saying theres not one of their songs i like. what i am saying is that THEYRE OVERRATED. there you go, i cant add anything to that, because thats basically my whole take on them!
Old 07-20-2002, 09:00 AM   #55
POP for GIRLS

I voted for DMB. I am from their home state and I know people who used to go see them before they got famous. They are really overhyped here and I really don't think they are that good. I'm sick of hearing about them, and sick of that toad in his throat. I have seen and heard much more worthy bands from VA that never make it, and I think it's a shame they did when so many better ones didn't. I don't know how you would define their style, but whatever it is, I don't want to hear it.
Old 07-20-2002, 09:38 AM   #56
Jesus Online

Local Time: 04:44 AM
lmao (coolhand) laura!! Your thoughts on them are so funny. I agree completely again. I will give Lennon that he wrote some fairly good songs in his lifetime. There are definately a couple that are GOOD. Im not even sure if these are ones he wrote as a member of the band or as a soloist though...so maybe they dont count. But the whole Beatles hype is sooooooo uncalled for. Where the freaking hell is the talent??? Poppy happy 60's garbage I think. I dont see much of a difference in the legitimacy of the Beatles as many of the chart bands around these days. The only difference is there were far less bands around back then waiting to take their chart spot. "She was just 17, and you know what I mean...and I saw her standing there" What is that??? Someone, brettig if you must, tell me the virtues of this type of shit and why it deserves some plaque of greatness?
Stupid thing about my whole opinion on The Beatles is once I saw Paul McCartney in around '93 on some tour he did. It was a favour to my mum. And the concert didn't really suck as much as I thought it would. But then, I wasn't seeing some Beatles pop crap for 2 hours.

I dont mind Creed. I'm no fan, but they are better than The Beatles.
Old 07-20-2002, 09:45 AM   #57
Jesus Online

Local Time: 04:44 AM
Disclaimer: The Beatles were influential and did a lot for the music world. Sgt. Peppers was good, some stuff was. But like Laura, I'm maintaining that they are overrated.
It also doesn't require an education to come to the conclusion you dont like what you hear re: The Beatles.
Old 07-20-2002, 10:25 AM   #58
POP for GIRLS

never mind. why bother. sigh.
Old 07-21-2002, 02:08 AM   #59
The Fly

Local Time: 11:44 AM
I guess for me picking a least favorite band is like trying to torture or kill someone who killed someone you love. It won't bring them back..revenge is unproductive and causes you to stoop to others levels. So picking out a least favorite band does me no good.
Quote:
My montreaux is that there are 2 kinds of music, that which moves you and that which does not. You seek out the former. You ignore the latter. And then you ignore everything else. Ignore, whether 'Oh I really like this song but its on the top 40 station' who cares? if you like it listen to it.
-James Bickers Progression Magazine
Old 07-21-2002, 03:26 AM   #60

Me met Travis Barker and Tom DeLounge

• Crap
  • Right Out Of The Horses Ass
  • Eat crap
  • Eat more crap
  • Die!

Thats what I think of Greed... I mean Creed.