Least Favorite Band - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
View Poll Results: What is your least favorite band?
Creed (Too much Jesus-poses) 36 52.94%
DMB (*snoooore*) 10 14.71%
Blink 182 (Yeah, they're "punk" alright...) 11 16.18%
The Beatles (Because I'm a loser and I don't respect music from before the incarnation of TRL) 5 7.35%
Rollins Band (Just 'cause) 6 8.82%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-18-2002, 04:25 PM   #31
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by KhanadaRhodes
99% of people don't know who he is, except as "the guy with no neck who you see every time vh1 does a countdown."
LMAO. Well said.

Old 07-18-2002, 04:47 PM   #32
Acrobat

Local Time: 04:41 AM
I DONT LIKE ANY OF THEM!!

yes, and thats including the Beatles.REALLY DONT see the big fuss. i mean thyve got some nice singalongable songs, but thats it. Pop. and not of the u2 kind!!

and yknow the lyrics??whats the big deal. "ooh look some of the letters of Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds spell LSD!ooh how faaaaar out and rebellious"! if youre lookin for that look at F.E.A.R by Ian Brown. Its a song, with a MEANING.

"i am the walrus" "Yellow Submarine" yeah, they sure knew the meaning of the world alright

though saying that, i loooooooooooooove "Youve got to hide your love away". Now THERES a song.

*has a feeling im gonna be KILLED for this!!*

Old 07-18-2002, 05:03 PM   #33
New Yorker

Local Time: 12:41 AM
CREED
Old 07-18-2002, 05:23 PM   #34
War Child

Local Time: 11:41 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by KhanadaRhodes
henry rollins is just a poor, pathetic loser who isn't nearly as famous as anyone else on this list. 99% of people don't know who he is, except as "the guy with no neck who you see every time vh1 does a countdown."
LMAO!! Now his career consists of talking about musicians who actually still play music!! muhahaha
Old 07-18-2002, 05:33 PM   #35
The Fly

I wanted to vote for Rollins band because Henry Rollins is such an ass and I don't like the way he talks about U2 and Bono. In the end I had to go for DMB because even though I don't know anything about them personally, his voice just makes me sick. I can't listen to him for more than 10 seconds. Limp Bizkit and System of a Down are worse than anyone on this list. If they had been there, I would have voted for them. I do hate Dave's voice but at least his music has some kind of tune.
Old 07-18-2002, 07:10 PM   #36
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

I voted for Rollins just because I can.
Old 07-18-2002, 07:25 PM   #37
Refugee

Re: I like Blink too

Quote:
Originally posted by Angel
I would just like to add that prefab rock bands like Creed, Default, Nickelback, Staind and The Calling are just as guilty of complete and utter suckiness. There is not one drop of creativity in the bunch.
My thoughts exactly. My first response to this poll was, "Where is Puddle of Mudd?"
Old 07-18-2002, 07:35 PM   #38
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by DogStar
I really don't understand this. DMB's music sucks far worse than Creed's, and the Rollins Band just plain sucks.
Sorry, I'm not a huge DMB fan either, but they are a bunch of freakishly talented, creative musicians. Heck, even the artists that blatantly borrow from Dave's style (John Mayer, Coldplay) still get respect within the music community. They are about as original as anyone within the last 15 years, in my opinion; I can't think of another band that has such a distinctive style. The whole jam band scene owes much of its visibility to Dave.
Old 07-18-2002, 07:36 PM   #39
Blue Crack Addict

Rollins band sucks SO much they don't even qualify to be on the list with real bands. I read that interview with Rollins where he said that about Bono. It was on the mailing lists last summer. If anyone finds it, post it. Rollins is a worthless, ignorant, talentless, asshole with a bad attitude. Do you believe there are 3 biographies of him? How interesting could his life be? I only saw them while looking for other rock books.

Blink do look like fools, but I do not dislike their music. It's 'peppy' and fun. I have never bought their stuff but if it comes on driving down the road, I let it play. Well, some of it.

DMB- I agree they are talented, but I just find their sound unbearable. Dave's singing grates heavily on my nerves. They may be good at what they do, but I don't care for what they do.

The Beatles are great and should be above reproach. What they did for music and culture in general gives them a status that can never be diminished. I can't believe I have read comments by some who claim they were no more than a boyband! No matter what their 'opinion' of their songs may be, that is just bullshit there. Yes, I think everyone should at least respect the exalted Beatles whether or not they enjoy them.

Creed. I own no Creed, but to me they are just an average band, not wonderful, but they certainly do not suck. It is good they are continuing to produce real rock and roll in an industry dominated by rap, rap metal and pop. I don't get the deep rooted hatred for this band on this board. They are talented and I admire their songwriting skills. Many of the songs are very personal and from the heart. I think Scott Stapp is hot! So what if he imitates Bono and Jesus. He couldn't find two better role models now could he? At this point in music history, everyone imitates someone. Might as well be someone good!

Nothing is worse than the rap metal shit like Limp Bizkit. Nothing.
Old 07-18-2002, 08:23 PM   #40
I serve MacPhisto

Re: I like Blink too

Quote:
Originally posted by Angel
Creed wins hands down for suckiest band by far, but let me add.... while we are so quick to judge the popstars of the world and boybands etc......... I would just like to add that prefab rock bands like Creed, Default, Nickelback, Staind and The Calling are just as guilty of complete and utter suckiness. There is not one drop of creativity in the bunch. Thank god for the whiney British bands of the world! (as my brother so eloquently describes them) lol
Well I completely missed this comment before... Its hardly fair to call nickelback a prefabricated band, theres shitall thats ever come from alberta, wow, Brett the Hitman Hart, and the Stampede... theyve worked their asses off to get into the spotlight, nobody gave them anything, and while I still dont like their music all that much, they havent been given nearly the same push that Creed has. Creed was basically chosen by the record companies to be the next big thing, they got all sorts of promotion, and while some of that success may be deserved, there are many talented bands that go completely unnoticed, so yeah, Creed I will grant as being prefab. But while I dont know much about staind, default, the calling, puddle of mudd, I can honestly say that Nickleback has done more than the normal ammount of work to get where they are. Canadian bands always go unnoticed, with few exceptions of course, but there are a few Canadian bands that I could easily name who have a great deal of talent who are only really successful in Canada. Out of these bands; Tragically Hip, Sloan, Matthew Good Band, Our Lady Peace, Great Big Sea, the Tea Party... How many of those are really known and popular outside of canada? The best known are the Hip, and thats only because of their stage prescence, they put on one of the best shows in Canadian music. Now Im not saying that all Canadian bands that make it big have had to work their asses off, thats obviously not the case, but if it takes 3 or 4 albums just to get noticed by the American public, then you cant say that they were just made popular by the music industry, 9 times out of 10 theyve been popular in Canada long before those of you south of the border even hear about them.
Old 07-18-2002, 10:37 PM   #41
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 08:41 PM
Quote:
He was saying how dumb U2 fans are for going to Ireland to see the different spots were U2 got started etc. He is such an ass. He is just jealous no one wants to go any where to see his stupid ass.
I nearly spit my drink out on my computer screen when I read that It's so true!!!!!!
Old 07-18-2002, 10:58 PM   #42
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 02:11 AM
Why do cool people like blink 182...
Old 07-18-2002, 11:13 PM   #43
Kid A

Henry Rollins is actually a very funny, intelligent guy with many good things to say, his problem with U2 is that he thinks they are "too soft" and he is highly skeptical of Bono's intentions, and he's not the first, however, he has lightened up towards Bono in the last year, easing his stance and crediting Bono with the Drop the Debt campaign, but he still dislikes U2's music -- that doesn't make him an ignorant, talentless, moron
Old 07-19-2002, 12:14 AM   #44
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by U2Kitten
Rollins band sucks SO much they don't even qualify to be on the list with real bands. I read that interview with Rollins where he said that about Bono. It was on the mailing lists last summer. If anyone finds it, post it. Rollins is a worthless, ignorant, talentless, asshole with a bad attitude. Do you believe there are 3 biographies of him? How interesting could his life be? I only saw them while looking for other rock books.

Blink do look like fools, but I do not dislike their music. It's 'peppy' and fun. I have never bought their stuff but if it comes on driving down the road, I let it play. Well, some of it.

DMB- I agree they are talented, but I just find their sound unbearable. Dave's singing grates heavily on my nerves. They may be good at what they do, but I don't care for what they do.

The Beatles are great and should be above reproach. What they did for music and culture in general gives them a status that can never be diminished. I can't believe I have read comments by some who claim they were no more than a boyband! No matter what their 'opinion' of their songs may be, that is just bullshit there. Yes, I think everyone should at least respect the exalted Beatles whether or not they enjoy them.

Creed. I own no Creed, but to me they are just an average band, not wonderful, but they certainly do not suck. It is good they are continuing to produce real rock and roll in an industry dominated by rap, rap metal and pop. I don't get the deep rooted hatred for this band on this board. They are talented and I admire their songwriting skills. Many of the songs are very personal and from the heart. I think Scott Stapp is hot! So what if he imitates Bono and Jesus. He couldn't find two better role models now could he? At this point in music history, everyone imitates someone. Might as well be someone good!

Nothing is worse than the rap metal shit like Limp Bizkit. Nothing.
well, I certainly agree about limp biscuit. suck ass. period.

as far as creed, did you know that they once covered "one" and stapp introduced it by saying "here's a song written by u2 before they sucked" ???????

sorry, but not only are the ironies to that comment endless, stapp deserves to be dragged over rock by a horse for that comment.
Old 07-19-2002, 12:19 AM   #45
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

and also, whether you like the beatles or not, you cannot say they suck. sorry. no beatles =no u2; or anyone for that matter. if you have to be educated as to what they did for rock and roll with albumns like revolver and sgt. pepper, well, you better take a class on it or something.
yeah, the early shit is corny, but the later stuff has been the template for everything.
and I think it's great from a musical standpoint. I don't relate to any beatles tunes like the opening of "streets" in concert, but it doesn't matter.