Least Favorite Band

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What is your least favorite band?

• Creed (Too much Jesus-poses)

Votes: 36 52.9%
  • DMB (*snoooore*)

Votes: 10 14.7%
  • Blink 182 (Yeah, they're "punk" alright...)

Votes: 11 16.2%
  • The Beatles (Because I'm a loser and I don't respect music from before the incarnation of TRL)

Votes: 5 7.4%
  • Rollins Band (Just 'cause)

Votes: 6 8.8%

• Total voters
I DONT LIKE ANY OF THEM!!

yes, and thats including the Beatles.REALLY DONT see the big fuss. i mean thyve got some nice singalongable songs, but thats it. Pop. and not of the u2 kind!!

and yknow the lyrics??whats the big deal. "ooh look some of the letters of Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds spell LSD!ooh how faaaaar out and rebellious"!:sick: if youre lookin for that look at F.E.A.R by Ian Brown. Its a song, with a MEANING.

"i am the walrus" "Yellow Submarine" yeah, they sure knew the meaning of the world alright:rolleyes:

though saying that, i loooooooooooooove "Youve got to hide your love away". Now THERES a song.

*has a feeling im gonna be KILLED for this!!*

KhanadaRhodes said:
henry rollins is just a poor, pathetic loser who isn't nearly as famous as anyone else on this list. 99% of people don't know who he is, except as "the guy with no neck who you see every time vh1 does a countdown."

LMAO!! :lol: :lol: Now his career consists of talking about musicians who actually still play music!! muhahaha

I wanted to vote for Rollins band because Henry Rollins is such an ass and I don't like the way he talks about U2 and Bono. In the end I had to go for DMB because even though I don't know anything about them personally, his voice just makes me sick. I can't listen to him for more than 10 seconds. Limp Bizkit and System of a Down are worse than anyone on this list. If they had been there, I would have voted for them. I do hate Dave's voice but at least his music has some kind of tune.

Re: I like Blink too

Angel said:
I would just like to add that prefab rock bands like Creed, Default, Nickelback, Staind and The Calling are just as guilty of complete and utter suckiness. There is not one drop of creativity in the bunch.

My thoughts exactly. My first response to this poll was, "Where is Puddle of Mudd?" :madspit:

DogStar said:
I really don't understand this. DMB's music sucks far worse than Creed's, and the Rollins Band just plain sucks.

Sorry, I'm not a huge DMB fan either, but they are a bunch of freakishly talented, creative musicians. Heck, even the artists that blatantly borrow from Dave's style (John Mayer, Coldplay) still get respect within the music community. They are about as original as anyone within the last 15 years, in my opinion; I can't think of another band that has such a distinctive style. The whole jam band scene owes much of its visibility to Dave.

Rollins band sucks SO much they don't even qualify to be on the list with real bands. I read that interview with Rollins where he said that about Bono. It was on the mailing lists last summer. If anyone finds it, post it. Rollins is a worthless, ignorant, talentless, asshole with a bad attitude. Do you believe there are 3 biographies of him? How interesting could his life be? I only saw them while looking for other rock books.

Blink do look like fools, but I do not dislike their music. It's 'peppy' and fun. I have never bought their stuff but if it comes on driving down the road, I let it play. Well, some of it.

DMB- I agree they are talented, but I just find their sound unbearable. Dave's singing grates heavily on my nerves. They may be good at what they do, but I don't care for what they do.

The Beatles are great and should be above reproach. What they did for music and culture in general gives them a status that can never be diminished. I can't believe I have read comments by some who claim they were no more than a boyband!:confused: :mad: No matter what their 'opinion' of their songs may be, that is just bullshit there. Yes, I think everyone should at least respect the exalted Beatles whether or not they enjoy them.

Creed. I own no Creed, but to me they are just an average band, not wonderful, but they certainly do not suck. It is good they are continuing to produce real rock and roll in an industry dominated by rap, rap metal and pop. I don't get the deep rooted hatred for this band on this board. They are talented and I admire their songwriting skills. Many of the songs are very personal and from the heart. I think Scott Stapp is hot! So what if he imitates Bono and Jesus. He couldn't find two better role models now could he?;) At this point in music history, everyone imitates someone. Might as well be someone good!

Nothing is worse than the rap metal shit like Limp Bizkit. Nothing.

Last edited:
Re: I like Blink too

Angel said:
Creed wins hands down for suckiest band by far, but let me add.... while we are so quick to judge the popstars of the world and boybands etc......... I would just like to add that prefab rock bands like Creed, Default, Nickelback, Staind and The Calling are just as guilty of complete and utter suckiness. There is not one drop of creativity in the bunch. :madspit: Thank god for the whiney British bands of the world! (as my brother so eloquently describes them) lol

Well I completely missed this comment before... Its hardly fair to call nickelback a prefabricated band, theres shitall thats ever come from alberta, wow, Brett the Hitman Hart, and the Stampede... theyve worked their asses off to get into the spotlight, nobody gave them anything, and while I still dont like their music all that much, they havent been given nearly the same push that Creed has. Creed was basically chosen by the record companies to be the next big thing, they got all sorts of promotion, and while some of that success may be deserved, there are many talented bands that go completely unnoticed, so yeah, Creed I will grant as being prefab. But while I dont know much about staind, default, the calling, puddle of mudd, I can honestly say that Nickleback has done more than the normal ammount of work to get where they are. Canadian bands always go unnoticed, with few exceptions of course, but there are a few Canadian bands that I could easily name who have a great deal of talent who are only really successful in Canada. Out of these bands; Tragically Hip, Sloan, Matthew Good Band, Our Lady Peace, Great Big Sea, the Tea Party... How many of those are really known and popular outside of canada? The best known are the Hip, and thats only because of their stage prescence, they put on one of the best shows in Canadian music. Now Im not saying that all Canadian bands that make it big have had to work their asses off, thats obviously not the case, but if it takes 3 or 4 albums just to get noticed by the American public, then you cant say that they were just made popular by the music industry, 9 times out of 10 theyve been popular in Canada long before those of you south of the border even hear about them.

He was saying how dumb U2 fans are for going to Ireland to see the different spots were U2 got started etc. He is such an ass. He is just jealous no one wants to go any where to see his stupid ass.

:lol: I nearly spit my drink out on my computer screen when I read that :lol: It's so true!!!!!!

Henry Rollins is actually a very funny, intelligent guy with many good things to say, his problem with U2 is that he thinks they are "too soft" and he is highly skeptical of Bono's intentions, and he's not the first, however, he has lightened up towards Bono in the last year, easing his stance and crediting Bono with the Drop the Debt campaign, but he still dislikes U2's music -- that doesn't make him an ignorant, talentless, moron

U2Kitten said:
Rollins band sucks SO much they don't even qualify to be on the list with real bands. I read that interview with Rollins where he said that about Bono. It was on the mailing lists last summer. If anyone finds it, post it. Rollins is a worthless, ignorant, talentless, asshole with a bad attitude. Do you believe there are 3 biographies of him? How interesting could his life be? I only saw them while looking for other rock books.

Blink do look like fools, but I do not dislike their music. It's 'peppy' and fun. I have never bought their stuff but if it comes on driving down the road, I let it play. Well, some of it.

DMB- I agree they are talented, but I just find their sound unbearable. Dave's singing grates heavily on my nerves. They may be good at what they do, but I don't care for what they do.

The Beatles are great and should be above reproach. What they did for music and culture in general gives them a status that can never be diminished. I can't believe I have read comments by some who claim they were no more than a boyband!:confused: :mad: No matter what their 'opinion' of their songs may be, that is just bullshit there. Yes, I think everyone should at least respect the exalted Beatles whether or not they enjoy them.

Creed. I own no Creed, but to me they are just an average band, not wonderful, but they certainly do not suck. It is good they are continuing to produce real rock and roll in an industry dominated by rap, rap metal and pop. I don't get the deep rooted hatred for this band on this board. They are talented and I admire their songwriting skills. Many of the songs are very personal and from the heart. I think Scott Stapp is hot! So what if he imitates Bono and Jesus. He couldn't find two better role models now could he?;) At this point in music history, everyone imitates someone. Might as well be someone good!

Nothing is worse than the rap metal shit like Limp Bizkit. Nothing.

well, I certainly agree about limp biscuit. suck ass. period.

as far as creed, did you know that they once covered "one" and stapp introduced it by saying "here's a song written by u2 before they sucked" ???????

sorry, but not only are the ironies to that comment endless, stapp deserves to be dragged over rock by a horse for that comment.

and also, whether you like the beatles or not, you cannot say they suck. sorry. no beatles =no u2; or anyone for that matter. if you have to be educated as to what they did for rock and roll with albumns like revolver and sgt. pepper, well, you better take a class on it or something.
yeah, the early shit is corny, but the later stuff has been the template for everything.
and I think it's great from a musical standpoint. I don't relate to any beatles tunes like the opening of "streets" in concert, but it doesn't matter.

if this tells you what i voted:

i met a guy who was a creed fan (who dislikes u2) and the first thing i ever said to him was "he thinks he's JESUS".....

:down: creed :down:

no, not changing my mind on the Beatles at all. no Beatles-No U2??:lol: :lol:

so there was no influential bands in the 60s and 70s apart from the Beatles??:lol: :lol:

even oasis, even though by their own admission are extremely influenced by the Beatles, are influenced alot by the likes of the smiths, the jam, even the rolling stones.

and to say the beatles should be above reproach is...well...laughable. and so i shall laugh:lol: :lol:

JOFO said:

well, I certainly agree about limp biscuit. suck ass. period.

as far as creed, did you know that they once covered "one" and stapp introduced it by saying "here's a song written by u2 before they sucked" ???????

sorry, but not only are the ironies to that comment endless, stapp deserves to be dragged over rock by a horse for that comment.

I bet that comment was made before the release of ATYCLB and the Elevation Tour. I'm sure he must feel like a total fool now.

ccoolhandlaura, have you ever even listened to anything but "She Loves You?" Try the White Album or Abbey Road. I can't believe there isn't something on there that just about anybody woudn't appreciate. What about Sgt. Pepper?

JOFO, I agree, no Beatles, no ANYBODY. They took music from corn and beebop to what rock and roll actually became. Yes there were other influential bands, but they were also influenced by The Beatles! I don't think I've ever seen a documentary on any musical artist or group that didn't list them as an influence, including U2! Yes, I heard Bono on a Beatles special last year say it!

Whether or not a person likes their music (it's such a diverse catalog I can't believe a person couldn't find SOMETHING they like in there, I mean even country and rap fans have!) their importance really cannot be denied, at least not by anyone who is well informed and knows what they're talking about.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Linkin Park and their angsty crap.

As for Henry Rollins, I don't think he's a talentless moron. I can dig his music if I'm in the mood. I do, however, think he needs to lighten up about the Bono thing, and calling U2 talentless is just ridiculous coming from him.

DMB is pretty cool, actually, a very talented group of people. The don't suck. THey just have a limited fan base and target audience.

Creed just sucks.

Blink 182 sucks, but at least they know they suck.

The Beatles were a bunch of pompous asshoiles who made good music after they started with the drugs.

these kinds of threads - arguing over who sucks and who doesn't - gives me a headache

yeah i shouldn't have come in here - i did so against my better judgment

okay, carry on

IM NOT SAYING theyre shit, im not saying theyre not influential, im not saying theres not one of their songs i like. what i am saying is that THEYRE OVERRATED. there you go, i cant add anything to that, because thats basically my whole take on them!

I voted for DMB. I am from their home state and I know people who used to go see them before they got famous. They are really overhyped here and I really don't think they are that good. I'm sick of hearing about them, and sick of that toad in his throat. I have seen and heard much more worthy bands from VA that never make it, and I think it's a shame they did when so many better ones didn't. I don't know how you would define their style, but whatever it is, I don't want to hear it.

lmao (coolhand) laura!! Your thoughts on them are so funny. I agree completely again. I will give Lennon that he wrote some fairly good songs in his lifetime. There are definately a couple that are GOOD. Im not even sure if these are ones he wrote as a member of the band or as a soloist though...so maybe they dont count. But the whole Beatles hype is sooooooo uncalled for. Where the freaking hell is the talent??? Poppy happy 60's garbage I think. I dont see much of a difference in the legitimacy of the Beatles as many of the chart bands around these days. The only difference is there were far less bands around back then waiting to take their chart spot. "She was just 17, and you know what I mean...and I saw her standing there" What is that??? Someone, brettig if you must, tell me the virtues of this type of shit and why it deserves some plaque of greatness?
Stupid thing about my whole opinion on The Beatles is once I saw Paul McCartney in around '93 on some tour he did. It was a favour to my mum. And the concert didn't really suck as much as I thought it would. But then, I wasn't seeing some Beatles pop crap for 2 hours.

I dont mind Creed. I'm no fan, but they are better than The Beatles.

Disclaimer: The Beatles were influential and did a lot for the music world. Sgt. Peppers was good, some stuff was. But like Laura, I'm maintaining that they are overrated.
It also doesn't require an education to come to the conclusion you dont like what you hear re: The Beatles.

I guess for me picking a least favorite band is like trying to torture or kill someone who killed someone you love. It won't bring them back..revenge is unproductive and causes you to stoop to others levels. So picking out a least favorite band does me no good.
My montreaux is that there are 2 kinds of music, that which moves you and that which does not. You seek out the former. You ignore the latter. And then you ignore everything else. Ignore, whether 'Oh I really like this song but its on the top 40 station' who cares? if you like it listen to it.
-James Bickers Progression Magazine

Me met Travis Barker and Tom DeLounge

• Crap
  • Right Out Of The Horses Ass
  • Eat crap
  • Eat more crap
  • Die!

Thats what I think of Greed... I mean Creed.

Back
Top Bottom