Leader in the men's marathon attacked

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2democrat

Blue Crack Addict
I was just watching the olympics and the camera was on the leader, some guy from brazil, when all of a sudden a man came came out from one side of the road, attacked him and forced him into the crowd on the other side of the road! He is obviously very shaken up, and the guy that attacked him looked like a leprechaun....:ohmy: That's very disgraceful.

this just plain sucked... they should give that guy a co-gold medal. i hate when people who aren't involved try to get involved in the sport, for whatever reason. paying your money gives you the right to boo as loud as you'd like, or to cheer as loud as you'd like, but it in no way gives you the right to physicaly change the outcome of the event. new york city just passed some pretty harsh laws against spectators running onto the field durring a sporting event... you've gotta spend a couple of weekends at rikers. i like it... i like it alot

(even though i myself did run onto the floor at the garden following a st. john's game... but hey, that was after the game was already over and in celebration... had no effect on the outcome :wink:)

Ohh...so that was you wearing the g-string and tutu. :wink:

Whatever they do, they should NOT strip the gold from the Italian. He had an amazing performance and it shouldn't be taken away from him over something he had no control over either.

Last edited:
For sure. It's been done before in the case of Sale/Pelletier & the Russians (I won't even attempt their names) in the 2002 Olympics.

I don't see any valid reason why not.

DaveC said:
For sure. It's been done before in the case of Sale/Pelletier & the Russians (I won't even attempt their names) in the 2002 Olympics.

I DID agree with the co gold in that situation :yes: (cheating/fixed/rigged scoring not just stupid mistake)

Well he also got a one-year suspended sentence, only to be served if he breaks the law again in Greece within the next 3 years.

U2democrat said:

And no wonder he looked like a leprechaun...he's a former Irish priest!!!!! :der:

All our priests look small and slimey?

I don't get it
:|

anyway, that guy should have received a co-gold medal. That was a bit unfortunate for him. :down:

Back
Top Bottom