Le Tour De France 2007 - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-20-2007, 07:32 AM   #16
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:56 PM
Agreed about Boonen. Despite being held up yesterday, I don't see Hunter or Zabel overtaking him for the green jersey. He'll win it.

Disagree about Leipheimer, though. He's one of those riders who, for some reason, historically does better in the Pyrenees than the Alps. Discovery is purposely saving him. He's the leader, and he'll push for a podium spot. Contador will get the white jersey.

Old 07-21-2007, 04:59 AM   #17
Refugee

Local Time: 10:56 PM
looking good for Boonen after his victory yesterday. 3 win for us Belgians!
We've had some bad years the last years. So this is really good.
But I am still waiting for a Belgian who could combat for a place in the top 5, but I don't see anyone coming in the near future.
Where are the days that we dominated the Tour De France..

Today a very important day, we'll now more in a few hours.

And who knows that Leipheimer can surprise me..

Old 07-21-2007, 08:29 AM   #18
Blue Crack Addict

I think by the end of the day today, Evans will be in yellow. Valverde isn't as good in this discipine as Evans, and they are very close in time.

I also look for Kloden to move up big time, and I think Leipheimer will have a decent race as well. Also, if Vino is feeling better, he might move up a little.

I see Rasmussen falling a lot, and Valverde, Sastre and Mayo conceding a little. By the end of the day, the top five could look like this:

Evans
Kloden
Contador
Leipheimer
Valverde
Old 07-21-2007, 10:12 PM   #19
Blue Crack Addict

Well, Rasmussen sure proved to everyone he isn't going to go down quietly this year. What a performance. If he can gain time on everyone in the Pyrenees, he just might hold on.

But I think Evans is the man who might win this now. All he has to do is stay with everyone in the mountains, and take over the lead at the last time trial, and the Tour is his.

I expected Valverde and Mayo to lose time today, but man, they both really sucked, and lost more than I thought they would. They won't win this now.
Old 07-22-2007, 04:33 AM   #20
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 07:56 AM
Can Frankie Schleck come back into the mix? He's been very quiet all tour.
Old 07-22-2007, 06:10 AM   #21
Cin
Blue Crack Addict

Location: in the gutter, looking at the stars. . .and smiling
Local Time: 07:56 AM
My Dad totally loves it, tapes it every night and watches it with everyone else silent.
This question might be kinda silly and maybe I just haven't watched it as much this year . . . . . . . but. . . . . . . . .where's the guy that dresses up as the devil? I've seen an antler guy but not him?
Old 07-22-2007, 02:26 PM   #22
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by intedomine
Can Frankie Schleck come back into the mix? He's been very quiet all tour.
Not after today.
Old 07-23-2007, 11:39 AM   #23
Blue Crack Addict

Unless Contador can drop Rasmussen on Tuesday, it looks like the Dane will hold on. I can't see him losing over two minutes to Contador in the last time trial, especially seeing how much better he was at it the other day.

I'm surprised Evans couldn't stay with them. He'll get some time back in the time trial, but not enough to overtake either one. Looks like he's destined for third.

I was hoping Leipheimer would get a podium place, but he hasn't done anything, either. And Kloden will surely pass him in the time trial unless he does something special in the last mountain stage. But that doesn't look like it will happen.

Predicted order of finish:

Rasmussen
Contador
Evans
Kloden
Leipheimer
Old 07-24-2007, 01:24 PM   #24
Blue Crack Addict

Vino tested positive.

Will they ever learn?
Old 07-24-2007, 02:22 PM   #25
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Vinokourov's team quits Tour as positive test comes to light

ESPN.com

PAU, France -- Tour de France rider Alexandre Vinokourov tested positive for a banned blood transfusion after winning last weekend's time trial, prompting his Astana team to pull out of the race Tuesday.

The positive test of the Kazakh rider, a one-time favorite to win cycling's premier event, dealt a heavy blow to a sport already reeling from a spate of doping scandals.

"Vino has tested positive having to do with a blood transfusion and the team is leaving the Tour," team spokeswoman Corinne Druey said, using the rider's nickname.

The positive test took place after the Kazakh rider's victory in the 13th stage time trial on Saturday, L'Equipe newspaper reported on its Web site.

Vinokourov won two stages this year -- the time trial in Albi and Monday's 15th stage. He is 23rd in the overall race standings.

British rider David Millar, who was holding a press conference in Pau when the news broke, said: "Jesus Christ, I'm speechless."

"With a guy of his stature and class, in cycling's current situation, we might as well pack our bags and go home," said Millar, who returned from a two-year doping ban in the Tour de France last year. Millar was stripped of his gold medal from the 2003 world championships after admitting taking the banned blood-booster EPO.

Once seen as a favorite to win the Tour, Vinokourov dropped out of contention for good Sunday after losing 28 minutes, 50 seconds to race leader Michael Rasmussen.

L'Equipe said the analysis was conducted by the Chatenay-Malabry lab on the outskirts of Paris. It said two distinctive types of red blood cells were found in the A sample and showed that Vinokourov received a blood transfusion from a compatible donor shortly before the time trial.

A senior French anti-doping official confirmed to The Associated Press that there was a positive test for a blood transfusion taken from a rider at the Tour on Saturday, but said he didn't know the name of the cyclist involved. He said the test found two different types of blood, one from the rider, one from a donor.

The official spoke on condition of anonymity because no official announcement had been made.

Vinokourov has been a crowd favorite along the course route this year. He was injured in a crash in the fifth stage, requiring stitches in both knees.

"With a guy of his stature and class, in cycling's current situation, we might as well pack our bags and go home,'' said British rider David Millar, who came back from a two-year doping ban in the Tour last year.

Information from The Associated Press and Reuters was used in this report.
Ridiculous.

I'm pulling for Contador. I don't know why really, but I just don't like Rasmussen. Haven't for a few years now.
Old 07-25-2007, 06:28 PM   #26
Blue Crack Addict

Now Rasmussen has been removed. Talk about a Tour de Force.

Apparently he lied about where he was, and I guess that's enough to warrant his removal.

And an Italian rider tested positive the other day, so his whole team was removed.

Unbelievable.
Old 07-25-2007, 07:13 PM   #27
The Fly

Yes - unbelievable indeed....
And sadly Contador is not completely free from suspicion either....
He was mentioned in the documents from Operation Puerto after all....
he was somehow cleared.... but one cannot help wondering!!
Old 07-26-2007, 12:51 AM   #28
Blue Crack Addict

Jesus christ.

This tour's a joke. They shouldn't even bother giving anyone the maillot jaune this year.
Old 07-26-2007, 01:39 AM   #29
45:33

Local Time: 08:56 AM
The sport seems to just tainted over and over. It's so sad. Where does that leave Evans?
Old 07-26-2007, 02:20 AM   #30
Refugee

the TOUR de Farce... the same as it ever was...
take it as it is, all the 'winners' of the last decades were heavy dopers... Rijs, Ulrich, Armstrong, Landis....etc.

ITS A SHAME!