`Le Fabuleux Destin d'Am?lie Poulain`

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Naya

Refugee
Im sure you've all heard of the French movie ` Le Fabuleux Destin d'Am?lie Poulain`...I never get tired of watching it..It's one of the few movies that makes me genuinely happy and brings me tears of joy, but it never feels cheesy or tries to manipulate the viewer. It is such a beautiful ode to life, love and goodness, and it has such stunning images...

Who else loves that movie?

33498%3A8%3B23232%7Ffp36%3Dot%3E2326%3D966%3D%3C6%3C%3Dxroqdf%3E23232%3C236349%3Bot1lsi

33498%3A8%3B23232%7Ffp34%3Dot%3E2326%3D966%3D%3C6%3C%3Dxroqdf%3E23232%3C2363499ot1lsi

33498%3A8%3B23232%7Ffp35%3Dot%3E2326%3D966%3D%3C6%3C%3Dxroqdf%3E23232%3C2363496ot1lsi

33498%3A8%3B23232%7Ffp34%3Dot%3E2326%3D966%3D%3C6%3C%3Dxroqdf%3E23232%3C2363583ot1lsi

I love this movie too! Melon recommended it to me and I recall that foray was raving about it here on the forum. I only got to see it once at the theater and I am dying to see it again but cruel fate mocks me. I dont know how it is in Canada but here in the US they STILL havent released it on vhs or dvd, at least last I checked they still hadnt. The only way I could rent it is if I go to the specialty video store across town and rent a special european formatted dvd player and a european Amelie dvd. That is too troublesome and expensive so I just have to wait. I wish they would hurry up! :mad:

watched it again last night:

:love:

LOVE this movie so much!!!

And its quite funny too lol!

mememememe! *raises hand*

I loved this movie! I think I saw it about four times in the theatre and dragged zoney to come see it too (he thanked me for it:D)

I listen to the soundtrack quite a lot too. Simply beautiful. *sigh*

Naya said:
Im sure you've all heard of the French movie ` Le Fabuleux Destin d'Am?lie Poulain`...I never get tired of watching it..It's one of the few movies that makes me genuinely happy and brings me tears of joy, but it never feels cheesy or tries to manipulate the viewer. It is such a beautiful ode to life, love and goodness, and it has such stunning images...

Who else loves that movie?

I have heard of it but have not seen it. I never knew what it was about though. I went to the web site and got the jist of it but could not find and english trailer, and my french is not that good.:(

Hallelujah Here She Comes said:

I just went to borders.com and they said it wasn't released yet...

I think it's coming out tomorrow. It's in the most recent Best Buy ad for $19.99 tomorrow.

Also, Run Lola Run will be on sale for $11.99.

And the Vines cd for $6.99.

I love sales. :heart:

Re: Re: `Le Fabuleux Destin d'Am?lie Poulain`

ghetofabu said:

I went to the web site and got the jist of it but could not find and english trailer, and my french is not that good.:(

Im learning french but its awful but it has subtitles *phew* which i thought would distract me but ive watched lots of french and spanish movies with subtitles and they are just as enjoyable! :cool:

oh and an english review of the movie:

Jean-Pierre Jeunet's Amelie could have been marketed as a simple love story, but this would be missing a huge part of its appeal. It is in fact only the second half of the movie where romance begins to blossom, and even then it is in an unconventional way. With its use of special effects to express the main character's internal emotions, this could also have been mistaken for a French version of Ally McBeal; however, unlike Ally "woe is me for I cannot find a man" McBeal, Amelie is not distressed by the lack of men in her life, in fact the whole idea of sex seems to amuse her no end. Basic pleasures such as cracking the top of a Cr?me Brule offer her all the sensual satisfaction she needs and her existence in the "Paris of Dreams" is the stuff of fairy-tales. Indeed, this cinematic treat must have worked wonders for the Paris tourist board; Jeunet's beautiful interpretation of Parisian life includes all the vibrant colours you would expect from the director of Delicatessen.

But Amelie is much more than a simple "feel-good" movie. The pixie woman herself is a shining symbol for our times. Set at the time of Princess Diana's death, Amelie is struck with a plan to offer goodness back to the world--to become the Mother Teresa of France. The film never offers a motive for this do-gooding--like all great martyrs Amelie simply is and does as she pleases to please others. She demands no thanks for her offering of love, simply hiding in the shadows and gaining the warm glow of satisfaction from the knowledge that she has managed to change someone's life. Her selflessness is a breath of fresh air in a dog-eat-dog world where we ignore our neighbour's troubles, and each other's loneliness. Featuring a strong supporting cast who play fully rounded characters, as well as the beautiful imagery and typical French humour which borders on the black, Amelie will leave the viewer feeling like the happiest person alive.

Great movie! :up:

Love Amelie so much, such a feel good movie, just so so bright and beautiful! Trying for ages to convince my "well hard" friends to check it out, I think everyone must see it at least once. Gonna buy the DVD if I ever get money again:D

Thanks dizzy, hallelujah and meegannie for the info on the dvd release date. Finally! Ive been waiting for months and months for this one to come out!

I just had to add my 2 cents and say that I love Amelie as well! I only saw it in the theater once, but I left with such a good feeling. It's such a sweet, uplifting film!

My friend just informed me that she went to watch Amelie, based on my recommendation, and wanted to fall asleep in the middle of it! The two friends with whom she watched it with definitely fell asleep and blamed her for bringing them to watch this utterly boring film!

foray

Your friend sounds like a very silly person, foray. I just got through watching it for the second time on video and I still loved it.

Back
Top Bottom