LCD Soundsystem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:drool:

Didn't Lemon Melon already make an LCD soundsystem thread a few weeks ago about the album? :hmm:

I'm buying it in a couple of weeks, but I've already heard quite a bit of it.

It is AMAZINGLY good. :drool: :drool: :drool:

i've no problem when people big up tribulations/lcd soundsystem :drool:

Ok, is it totally crazy for me to think this could end up being my album of the year??? Seriously, I've listened to Sound of Silver at least a half dozen times since yesterday, and I think it's already my favorite album of the year. Right now, the only thing I can imagine beating it out would be LP7, and that's only assuming that even comes out this year. :combust:

"All My Friends" is like a 21st Century "Heroes".

Lancemc said:
Ok, is it totally crazy for me to think this could end up being my album of the year??? Seriously, I've listened to Sound of Silver at least a half dozen times since yesterday, and I think it's already my favorite album of the year. Right now, the only thing I can imagine beating it out would be LP7, and that's only assuming that even comes out this year. :combust:

"All My Friends" is like a 21st Century "Heroes".

Icky Thump could top it. :wink:

Has anyone seen them/him live?

I've only heard one of their/his songs when I saw the video on MTV2 Subterranean. I don't know any of their/his other stuff.

Tickets go on sale tomorrow and I'm unsure whether to go or not. I know they're raved about on here and my friend who I would go with really likes them, but . . . . . I don't know.

Should I stay or should I go to LCD Soundsystem?

Sound of Silver, in keeping with LCD Soundsystem tradition, is a wretched, miserably bad album highlighted by a few fantastic tracks, all of which will either be released as singles or which have already existed for some time. Predictably horrible, horrible stuff with, just as predictably, some of the best tracks you're likely to hear all year thrown in.

"All My Friends," for example. Unbearably perfect.

"Someone Great," for example. Already released last year as part of 45:33, which wasn't even 45 minutes and 33 seconds long...

"Get Innocuous," for example. A single, the only format which James Murphy will ever have a handle on.

Every other song on the album, for example. Embarrassing and painful to listen to.

seriously

i dare anyone to listen to this song and not dance like a mad man/woman

"Losing My Edge" was one hell of a single, yes--few better records have been released, this decade. One of the best self-effacing moments in indie...well, ever. I still laugh like a madman (while dancing like one) every time I listen.

martha said:
See, I'm loving Sound of Silver, and I'm now loving Fitz. I can go to the Sunday night show here in SoCal. :D

I told my friend last night to go ahead and try for 2 tickets to Sunday night. We'll see if he gets them or not. If he does, maybe you and I will finally be at the same concert at the same time. :applaud:

I'm such a dumbass.

I'm sitting here waiting and waiting and waiting for my friend to call me or e-mail and let me know if he got tickets or not, so I go to Ticketmaster.com to see if it sold out and turns out, the tickets don't even go on sale until tomorrow morning!

:banghead:

:reject:

FitzChivalry said:
I'm sitting here waiting and waiting and waiting for my friend to call me or e-mail and let me know if he got tickets or not, so I go to Ticketmaster.com to see if it sold out and turns out, the tickets don't even go on sale until tomorrow morning!

points and laughs

I'll be teching math when they go on sale tomorrow morning. Can anyone say "Work with your partner on these problems."?

:shifty:

^ :yes:

That was a GREAT show. But my God, it was SO HOT in the pit. I was sweating so much it was disgusting!!!

From what I'm told, LCD are capable of either doing a mostly electronica show or a mostly rock show . . . Sunday night was mostly rock, but it was sooooo good!

North American Scum and All My Friends were definite highlights of the show. But the song that STOLE the show was "Yeah". It was sooooooo off-the-charts awesome, I can't even describe!!! :hyper:

And I got to hang-out with Martha before the show and she had me cracking up and doing this :lmao: the entire time!!! :D

FitzChivalry said:
From what I'm told, LCD are capable of either doing a mostly electronica show or a mostly rock show . . . Sunday night was mostly rock, but it was sooooo good!
Mostly rock LCD shows :drool:

FitzChivalry said:
But the song that STOLE the show was "Yeah". It was sooooooo off-the-charts awesome, I can't even describe!!! :hyper:
It was pretty damn bitchin'! :yes:
FitzChivalry said:
And I got to hang-out with Martha before the show and she had me cracking up and doing this :lmao: the entire time!!! :D

:wink:

Back
Top Bottom