Law Apologizes to Fiancee for Affair

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Girl1978

Blue Crack Addict
Jul 18, 10:06 AM EST

The Associated Press

LONDON -- Jude Law publicly apologized to his fiancee, actress Sienna Miller, expressing his "sincere regret" over an affair with one of his children's nanny.

"Following the reports in today's papers, I just want to say I am deeply ashamed and upset that I've hurt Sienna and the people most close to us," the 32-year-old actor said in a statement Monday to the British Press Association.

"I want to publicly apologize to Sienna and our respective families for the pain that I have caused," said Law, star of "Alfie" and "The Talented Mr. Ripley" films.

The publicity firm that represents Miller told The Associated Press the 23-year-old actress had no comment on Law's statement.

Miller was Law's co-star in the remake of "Alfie." The couple became engaged on Christmas Day 2004.

The nanny was identified as Daisy Wright, 26.

Law divorced fashion designer-actress Sadie Frost in October 2003 after a six-year marriage and three children.

The actor earned Oscar nominations for his roles in "The Talented Mr. Ripley" and "Cold Mountain." His screen credits also include "Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow," "Closer" and "The Aviator," all released in 2004.

Never mind the morals, have you seen a picture of the girl? Her vs Sienna Miller. No contest. Was he drunk? Very, very, very, very drunk? All the time?

Divine Brown. :wink:

I hope that no-one here is actually surprised when they hear these stories.

:down: :|

I feel so bad for Sienna. But what on Earth was he thinking?! Sienna is so beautiful, why did he have to cheat on her? I'm so upset, I thought they were such a cute couple! :sad:

I wouldn't accept his apology! He knew what the hell he was doing. He was carrying on an affair with his nanny while being engaged to someone else. It wasn't some one off. Sheesh.

very disappointing..for shame Jude

For Sienna Miller on Monday night, the show went on – but can the same be said of her engagement to Jude Law?

Arriving for work in the London West End production of Shakespeare’s As You Like It with her flashy engagement ring missing from her left hand, Miller is spurring rumors that she has split with fiancé Law, who has publicly admitted to a steamy affair with his children’s nanny.

Despite personal drama, the 23-year-old actress – with two bodyguards at her side – arrived at Wyndham’s Theatre around 6:20 p.m., more than an hour before showtime, using a front entrance to outwit paparazzi gathered at the back.

Onstage, her voice seemed strained at times, but Miller remained poised through all three hours of the sold-out performance. The New York-born and classically trained Miller plays Celia, the cousin and friend of main character Rosalind.

Showing her skepticism about love, Celia professes to Rosalind (Helen McCrory): "The oath of a lover is no stronger than the word of a tapster. They are both the confirmer of false reckonings."

After receiving a warm ovation during the curtain call, Miller smiled slightly and quickly wiped her face with both hands as she hurried off stage. Draped with a towel, she fled the theater without comment only minutes later.

You know what's sad and funny at the same time about these celebs who cheat on their respective others? It's the fact that they broadcast their personal business over the papers and then they say please respect our privacy. Sure! Whatever people! Maybe you should have broadcasted your shit in private. :|

Law Blames Nanny Affair on Miller
By WENN
Jude Law reportedly blamed fiancée Sienna Miller for his affair with his children's former nanny.

The Closer star, who is engaged to screen beauty Miller, allegedly seduced 26-year-old Daisy Wright while he was filming war movie All The King's Men earlier this year.

Wright has exposed the details of the actor's supposed disloyalty to British newspaper the Sunday Mirror, which has printed her detailed account of their illicit tryst. Wright says, "It was mind-blowing rampant sex. He is a great lover and he knows how to satisfy a woman."

The British nanny insists she enjoyed a month-long fling with the 32-year-old until she was sacked by Law's ex-wife Sadie Frost, after one of their children spoke out about catching the clandestine lovers in bed.

Law received a phone call from Miller after the devastating reports--but instead of begging for forgiveness, Law slammed the 23-year-old for driving him into the arms of Wright.

A friend of Miller tells British newspaper the Daily Mail, "Rather than feeling guilty and contrite he has turned the whole thing against Sienna.

"He said if she is not partying, she is sleeping and he completely blames her for what he has done. He told her, 'I told you I was unhappy. I told you I needed you to be there for me. Why didn't you listen to me?'"

Miller says Law can "go to hell", and has left the swanky pad she shares with the actor to stay with her mother Jo.

Meanwhile, Wright alleges Law called her last week in a bid to rekindle their steamy relationship--but Wright still felt hurt by her dismissal from the job she loved and turned down his advances.

She tells British newspaper The Sun, "Jude really swept me off my feet. I fell for him. Now I realize he was just using me for sex. I was really shocked when he phoned me last Thursday and said he wanted to see me again.

"I told him I thought it was unfair that I had ended up losing my job over it. He said Sadie was in charge of childcare arrangements...

"He was begging to see me again. He said he desperately needed to show me that our relationship wasn't just about sex. But how could I trust him again after he cast me aside so easily before."

BrownEyedBoy said:
If he's telling the truth about her not being there for him when he asked her to, it really is her fault.
please tell me you forgot to add a wink smiley to this.

Back
Top Bottom