Last Train to Satansville, Pennsylvania Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just how much did you have to drink? This seems unlike you! :laugh:

I can't say I miss the classes. Sure, some set me up for what I'm doing now, but I still found them very intellectually stifling and suffocating. Hell, I even find university to be that way for the most part.
Well, I had a bottle of Mint Baileys, didn't drink it all though. Drank most of it. And then I started drinking what was left of the other bottle. :laugh:

Oh, the only ones I miss are art and the one that my favourite teacher taught, which was history! :lol:

Well, I had a bottle of Mint Baileys, didn't drink it all though. Drank most of it. And then I started drinking what was left of the other bottle. :laugh:

Oh, the only ones I miss are art and the one that my favourite teacher taught, which was history! :lol:

And evidently you weren't wasting your time with it either! :lol:

Study Of Religion, now that I look back on it, is worth missing. I had a fantastic teacher and an equally fantastic bunch of people took the class and we all had a good time going wildly off topic and stuff. Geography in grades 10 and 12 rocked too - the less said about the tedious teacher in grade 11, the better.

And evidently you weren't wasting your time with it either! :lol:

Study Of Religion, now that I look back on it, is worth missing. I had a fantastic teacher and an equally fantastic bunch of people took the class and we all had a good time going wildly off topic and stuff. Geography in grades 10 and 12 rocked too - the less said about the tedious teacher in grade 11, the better.
Actually, I drank my first two glasses over a game of Diablo and it took me forever to finish them. Then I came back here and sipped on it for a while but I just wound up getting pretty drunk and hammering it down. :lol:

We had a current events class - taught by the same teacher that taught my history and the class we had was hilarious because we always went off track onto other random bullshit. It was a relatively small class of 10 or so and I was the only Senior there, the rest were Juniors but it was great anyway. I remember this one discussion we wound up getting into about one of the guys in the class daring another to shoot a roman candle at his arse. :laugh: Wow that was a weird conversation.

Hmm, I thought there might be a Monkees joke somewhere to reference their song Last Train to Clarksville, but I guess I'm the only one that would find that funny. Mostly cause my father's first name is Clark. So to me, Satansville = Clarksville. The joke would've been a double-whammy for me. And instead of making a joke, I'm explaining the joke and why it would be funny. I'm going to totter off back to iTunes now...

Actually, I drank my first two glasses over a game of Diablo and it took me forever to finish them. Then I came back here and sipped on it for a while but I just wound up getting pretty drunk and hammering it down. :lol:

We had a current events class - taught by the same teacher that taught my history and the class we had was hilarious because we always went off track onto other random bullshit. It was a relatively small class of 10 or so and I was the only Senior there, the rest were Juniors but it was great anyway. I remember this one discussion we wound up getting into about one of the guys in the class daring another to shoot a roman candle at his arse. :laugh: Wow that was a weirdo conversation.

Yeah, I was figuring the only way you'd be that visibly drunk is if you were going at a pretty quick pace.

Hah, righto. Study Of Religion always turned into incredibly in depth, intense discussions, and not necessarily about religion. We'd often stay after class and skip whatever we had next to keep debating things. Our teacher would cover us and didn't care since he figured what we were discussing mattered more than some repetitive, monotonous English or Chemistry lesson or whatever! He was awesome.

Hmm, I thought there might be a Monkees joke somewhere to reference their song Last Train to Clarksville, but I guess I'm the only one that would find that funny. Mostly cause my father's first name is Clark. So to me, Satansville = Clarksville. The joke would've been a double-whammy for me. And instead of making a joke, I'm explaining the joke and why it would be funny. I'm going to totter off back to iTunes now...

:laugh:

Hey Reggo! Bonnie and I need to get you into Swervedriver, it seems. :wink:

:laugh:

Hey Reggo! Bonnie and I need to get you into Swervedriver, it seems. :wink:
You were going to send me a Verve song to prove to me that they should be forgiven for Bittersweet Symphony.

Yeah, I was figuring the only way you'd be that visibly drunk is if you were going at a pretty quick pace.

Hah, righto. Study Of Religion always turned into incredibly in depth, intense discussions, and not necessarily about religion. We'd often stay after class and skip whatever we had next to keep debating things. Our teacher would cover us and didn't care since he figured what we were discussing mattered more than some repetitive, monotonous English or Chemistry lesson or whatever! He was awesome.
Yeah, that's the only way I can really get noticeably drunk. Or it just doesn't happen because I sober up really easily. :lol:

Haha, that's pretty sweet. My history teacher used to keep me after because he and I would get into some huge debate about something, usually current events or controversial topics like abortion, religion, etc. That was always pretty fun though. I have to say that in school, he was my best friend. He was really easy to talk to and he was also the only other person I knew in the school who was left handed!

were going to send me a Verve song to prove to me that they should be forgiven for Bittersweet Symphony.

Oh yes. I get lazy at these things and you need to poke me into action sometimes.

Though the question is now "which song?"

Yeah, that's the only way I can really get noticeably drunk. Or it just doesn't happen because I sober up really easily. :lol:

Haha, that's pretty sweet. My history teacher used to keep me after because he and I would get into some huge debate about something, usually current events or controversial topics like abortion, religion, etc. That was always pretty fun though. I have to say that in school, he was my best friend. He was really easy to talk to and he was also the only other person I knew in the school who was left handed!

Well, at least I know next time to just keep telling you to scull it if we want typo lulz on the thread!

Myself and a couple of other guys would routinely stay afterwards with my SOR teacher. Usually we actually debated religion - whatever the lesson was MEANT to be about before we got wildly off-topic. So we'd just stand around outside the class and have this bizarre running discussion about something terribly theological, and any stray person who'd wander past would give us funny looks. Good times.

Well, at least I know next time to just keep telling you to scull it if we want typo lulz on the thread!

Myself and a couple of other guys would routinely stay afterwards with my SOR teacher. Usually we actually debated religion - whatever the lesson was MEANT to be about before we got wildly off-topic. So we'd just stand around outside the class and have this bizarre running discussion about something terribly theological, and any stray person who'd wander past would give us funny looks. Good times.
It's really hard for the thread to keep my interest when I drink for some reason. It gets kinda hard in IM too. I just tend to wanna walk around and do other crap ... like get into fights with VCRs and whatnot. :lol:

Haha, those kinda aspects are what I miss about school.

It's really hard for the thread to keep my interest when I drink for some reason. It gets kinda hard in IM too. I just tend to wanna walk around and do other crap ... like get into fights with VCRs and whatnot. :lol:

Haha, those kinda aspects are what I miss about school.

I think when I've been drunk, I've just wanted to ramble about nerdy shit. And edit Wikipedia. And sing Crowded House to the thread.

It's hard to think of other aspects that I miss, though. God, what a waste of my time. I even ducked out of Graduation Night early because I was simply so happy to get the fuck out of there.

Andrew?

Bug pinus bug pinus bug pinus.

*waits*

Alas, he left for the night not long ago, so for once the Andrew Signal is unlikely to work. :(

:wink: well either Baileys or hot music teachers...

do I even WANT to ask what bug pinus is? :uhoh:\

:flirt: hai

:lol:

"Bug pinus" is ... well, it's in a Kiwi accent. Big penis. I can't even remember how the fuck that started, but it's been in the Superthreads from the very beginning. It was all Andrew and Ian's fault. Two heterosexual males, blurting out "penis". :hmm:

I think when I've been drunk, I've just wanted to ramble about nerdy shit. And edit Wikipedia. And sing Crowded House to the thread.

It's hard to think of other aspects that I miss, though. God, what a waste of my time. I even ducked out of Graduation Night early because I was simply so happy to get the fuck out of there.

:lmao: you should record your singing some day an post it!

:uhoh: I'm really the only person who hated to get out of highschool eh?

:sad: I still miss it, even after a year! I wanna go back :scream:

:shifty: and this has so totally nothing to do with mr. Sexy teacher, I swear.. *cough*

I ramble a little until I reach a certain point of drunkenness, then I just give up and act like an idiot. :laugh: And sing Piano Lessons by PT to my video games.

I almost didn't even go to mine and was going to opt for picking it up from the school the following Monday, but I gave in and went, then left and got some pictures done.

:lol:

"Bug pinus" is ... well, it's in a Kiwi accent. Big penis. I can't even remember how the fuck that started, but it's been in the Superthreads from the very beginning. It was all Andrew and Ian's fault. Two heterosexual males, blurting out "penis". :hmm:

:tsk: perverts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom