Last Train to Satansville, Pennsylvania Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Evening, Anna! How goes it? :wave:

Haha, oh shit - I did get involved making a cover. Not a cartoon one really, though.

covrejb8.jpg

Haha, who says you aren't predictable?

And ... is that title a Wild Irish Rose reference?

I totally need to think of a title for my tracklist. I'm using a photo from the Kapiti Coast as my cover, so I'm thinking of a Kapiti Coast placename. Rauoterangi, maybe. Or Paekakariki. Wharemauku.

Haha, who says you aren't predictable?

Oh, but it's not made with MS Paint!

And ... is that title a Wild Irish Rose reference?

Nice job. :up:

I totally need to think of a title for my tracklist. I'm using a photo from the Kapiti Coast as my cover, so I'm thinking of a Kapiti Coast placename. Rauoterangi, maybe. Or Paekakariki. Wharemauku.

And who says you aren't predictable? :wink:

And who says you aren't predictable? :wink:

:lol: I've always been predictable. But at least it's taken until now for me to actually use a Maori place name. Oh, wait, there was DI III. Damn.

Past titles:
DI I: Don't think it had one.
DI II: If it had one, my master list doesn't record it.
DI III: Aotearoa: Rugged Individual (Part I: Kapiti Island - Glistens Like A Pearl; Part II: Stewart Island - The Bottom Of The World)
DI IV: So This Is Permanence
Prog Island: An Announcement Is Being Made In Sound
Symphonic Island: Life In One Chord

... seems I've stolen them all from songs (Split Enz, Joy Division, Ruined Machines, Straitjacket Fits). So actually, just using a Kapiti Coast placename is breaking the mould!

THE INTHISTOWNTASTIC RPG

Challenge your RPG skills and try to put on a convincing live TV rock performance while completely wasted! Along the way, you will meet numerous challenges! How to keep Larry in 4/4 when he cannot see the drums? How to write the setlist when nobody can remember the band's songs? How to cover Knockin' On Heaven's Door when you feel like hell? All this and more awaits you in the Inthistowntastic RPG! So put on a ridiculous bandanna, come up with your least convincing mermaid story, and pick up a copy today.

THE INTHISTOWNTASTIC RPG

Challenge your RPG skills and try to put on a convincing live TV rock performance while completely wasted! Along the way, you will meet numerous challenges! How to keep Larry in 4/4 when he cannot see the drums? How to write the setlist when nobody can remember the band's songs? How to cover Knockin' On Heaven's Door when you feel like hell? All this and more awaits you in the Inthistowntastic RPG! So put on a ridiculous bandanna, come up with your least convincing mermaid story, and pick up a copy today.
:lmao:

WIN.

I'm looking forward to my high school's ten year reunion. Why? Just so I can see how miserably most of my grade has failed.

I'm looking forward to my high school's ten year reunion. Why? Just so I can see how miserably most of my grade has failed.

It's petty and satisfying, huh. I actually went out with some friends last night who I went to school with (who weren't friends of mine as such at school but became friends once we left - they're married to each other which makes keeping in touch half the hassle :lol: ) and we suspected we've missed a reunion somewhere along the line.
:hi5:

..oh, except they're devoutly christian good people who were saddened by this while mat and i are like "yeah :hi5: to not seeing LOSERS again!'

Drink a bit too much last night, eh Serena? :wink:

It's petty and satisfying, huh. I actually went out with some friends last night who I went to school with (who weren't friends of mine as such at school but became friends once we left - they're married to each other which makes keeping in touch half the hassle :lol: ) and we suspected we've missed a reunion somewhere along the line.
:hi5:

..oh, except they're devoutly christian good people who were saddened by this while mat and i are like "yeah :hi5: to not seeing LOSERS again!'

Even before we graduated, one of my friends and I liked to joke about what the ten year reunion would be like! Just because there were some hangers-on in our social circle who clearly had no ambition or ability to go anywhere in life. So I'm looking forward to walking in there as Dr Axver and one of my friends will be a fancy engineer and another will be a respected teacher and so forth ... and the hangers-on will now be hanging on to their STD medication rather than our company.

God, I really have never understood why people miss high school. I just look back on it and think "how the FUCK did I cope with those tossers?"

Drink a bit too much last night, eh Serena? :wink:
Yes, unfortunately. :lol:
But the V8 is helping. :drool:

God, I really have never understood why people miss high school. I just look back on it and think "how the FUCK did I cope with those tossers?"
I miss certain aspects of it, however I definitely don't miss the teasing and all the stupid, bullshit drama!

Yes, unfortunately. :lol:
But the V8 is helping. :drool:

I miss certain aspects of it, however I definitely don't miss the teasing and all the stupid, bullshit drama!

I was surprised to notice you making typos. You definitely must've had a bit. :lol:

I'm trying to think of things I miss ... really, there's not much, if anything. A couple of cool teachers and a gorgeous copy of Dante's Divine Comedy in the library. Wow.

I was surprised to notice you making typos. You definitely must've had a bit. :lol:

I'm trying to think of things I miss ... really, there's not much, if anything. A couple of cool teachers and a gorgeous copy of Dante's Divine Comedy in the library. Wow.
Yeah, you know I am wasted when I am making typos without trying to correct them. :lol:
If I am honest, I don't remember actually saving my game last night. Though that was right before I went and fell asleep. I was being an arse and singing to PT (quite horribly) at 3 am. :laugh:

I miss certain classes, teachers and a couple of people I haven't seen in years. But that's basically it.

Yeah, you know I am wasted when I am making typos without trying to correct them. :lol:
If I am honest, I don't remember actually saving my game last night. Though that was right before I went and fell asleep. I was being an arse and singing to PT (quite horribly) at 3 am. :laugh:

I miss certain classes, teachers and a couple of people I haven't seen in years. But that's basically it.

Just how much did you have to drink? This seems unlike you! :laugh:

I can't say I miss the classes. Sure, some set me up for what I'm doing now, but I still found them very intellectually stifling and suffocating. Hell, I even find university to be that way for the most part.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom