Last night's Buffy the Vampire Slayer......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

u2loopy

War Child
Not too disturbing, eh??
rolleyes.gif
I am a huge fan of the show, been a fan for years. But I don't think an episode (or ending of an episode) disturbed me more than last nights'.

Don't get me wrong, I loved bad-ass Willow, I think she's great at it. But the very last scene where she was, "Bored,now" and did what she did to Warren!!!!!!
eek.gif
Whoa, that was way too grotesque for me!!! Anyone else shocked by it?? I mean I expected her to do something really bad to Warren, but skinning him????

On another note, I think her hair looks great black!

------------------
What are we going to do now It's all been said,
No new ideas in the house and Every book has been read....

[This message has been edited by u2loopy (edited 05-15-2002).]

I don't like this show nearly as much as I used to. Last night's episode disappointed me because it seemed like they were trying too hard to be shocking and just threw some stuff together. It seems like they've been doing that a lot lately. I think they've gotten too obvious with the social commentary when it used to be much more subtle. I miss the good ol' days, like the season finale when Angel went bad again and Buffy had to kill him. I've liked some of the newer episodes, but it's just not the same.
frown.gif
Yet I still continue to watch it....

------------------
A song is a beautiful lie

Actually, meegannie, I agree with your post completely. I really do miss the old days of Buffy. I think once "graduation" was over and the school burnt down it just wasn't the same anymore.

But like you, I continue to watch. Angel (the show), I can't stomach anymore. I think Joss is trying to sabatoge the show purposely so that it could be cancelled.

i missed it. Give me the cliff notes. I have missed a few. Last one i saw was when Buf and Spike hooked up in that Bldg.

------------------
When life hands you a lemon, say "Oh yeah, I like lemons. What else you got?" --Henry Rollins

Originally posted by u2loopy:

But like you, I continue to watch. Angel (the show), I can't stomach anymore. I think Joss is trying to sabatoge the show purposely so that it could be cancelled.

I think I watched one episode of Angel. No, wait. I guess I watched a couple. Until that one guy died.

I missed it last nite!!!...grrrr

guess I'll just have to wait to watch the reruns.

------------------
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
-Albert Einstein

I am sorry, but last night's episode rocked!!! Warren deserved it and hell, after the Robbie Williams video for 'Rock DJ', not much shocks me anymore....

------------------
"Steal me, deal me, anyway you heal me
Maim me, tame me, you can never change me
Love me, like me, come ahead and fight me
Please me, tease me, go ahead and leave me..."

I saw it and I'm not too sure if I liked it. But I do know what happens next week (I have a friend who loves the show).

------------------
Oh sugar, don't you cry
Oh child, wipe the tears from your eyes
You know I need you to be strong
And the day is as dark as the night is long
Feel like trash, you make me feel clean
I'm in the black, can't see or be seen

I haven't watched the episode here in Australia yet, but having read the spoilers I'm now afraid that they've killed the only reason I kept on watching this show. Willow has always been my favourite character, but now I feel that the sweet, adorable Willow I loved is dead. Willow I knew would never torture a human being no matter how badly he/she deserved it. I mean, I was shocked when Angel went bad and it was a brave risk to make a good guy into a villain, but this season it feels like they're torturing the characters in a cheap attempt to shock or "make a statement".

Thank God I've still got "Angel" left...

I think this has been about the first interesting show of the season...the show has been awful all season, and at least now its getting intriguing...right before summer hiatus of course.

I stopped watching the show after last season, except I had to see the first episode of the season and the musical montage. The show hasn't been good at all, I think. It's been getting way too weird. I missed several episodes of Angel, also. But I've tuned back in the last few weeks, and I think the way they are treating Wesley is disgusting. After all, he only did what he did to save Connor. Angel and Crew seem to forget the terrible nasty things Angel did last year, and that Wesley forgave him then.

Back
Top Bottom