Last Movie You Viewed (Part 3) + Brief Reviews - Page 25 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive

Old 05-18-2006, 07:42 PM   #361
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:13 AM
Saw - This movie would've been much better if they had hired better actors. Danny Glover and Cary Elwes were atrocious. There were a couple of plot holes that annoyed me, but it was alright. The climax made up for the rest of the movie. 5.5/10

Old 05-18-2006, 08:32 PM   #362
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Nate Dogg
United 93- I don't know what else to say about this except everybody should see this movie. There is most likely no other movie this intense, emotional, real...and important right now.

I recently saw A History of Violence (not to be confused with A History of Violins).

Amazing film, starring Viggo Mortensen from Lord of the Rings. (Interestingly, the soundtrack here is also by Howard Shore.)
The story is basically (Insert deep, baritone movie preview voice here) about a man who suddenly has to confront his past if he has any hope of having a future. I won't give away the plot, but I see this movie as a kind of commentary on the nature of us all, and the lengths we'll go to protect what's sacred. It's dark, bloody, and chillingly real. Viggo is great, but the kid who plays his son steals the show.

9.9999/10

Old 05-19-2006, 12:27 AM   #363
Blue Crack Distributor

Sin City

Perhaps it's due to the hype that surrounded it that I wasn't as amazed by this movie as I thought I would be. Which is not to say for the way in which it was filmed, because the color, or lack thereof, was amazing. It's more the acting I didn't quite care for. I don't know I loved Bruce Willis, I think it's more minor characters I didn't care for. All in all a fantastic movie, I just wish I had seen it when it first came out, instead of hearing so much about it.

8/10
Old 05-20-2006, 02:20 AM   #364
Refugee

The Da Vinci Code 10/10

This movie was absolutely fantastic, it definately lived up to the book and the hype which has reached a fever pitch. Tom Hanks was great, although not necessarily his best performance, but Ian McKellan was outstanding, better than in LOTR. Ron Howard did an amazing job directing as well and I just loved it overall. Amazing movie.
Old 05-20-2006, 10:41 AM   #365
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 11:13 AM
Match Point
Old 05-20-2006, 11:38 AM   #366
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:13 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by cjboog
The Da Vinci Code 10/10

This movie was absolutely fantastic, it definately lived up to the book and the hype which has reached a fever pitch. Tom Hanks was great, although not necessarily his best performance, but Ian McKellan was outstanding, better than in LOTR. Ron Howard did an amazing job directing as well and I just loved it overall. Amazing movie.

Good to hear.
Now I gotta finish the book...
Old 05-20-2006, 03:07 PM   #367
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:13 PM
Bourne Identity and Bourne Supremacy

Quality spy flicks, both of them.
Old 05-20-2006, 03:09 PM   #368
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 06:13 PM
Meet Joe Black on telly
Old 05-20-2006, 07:05 PM   #369
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 04:13 PM
Analyze This
Old 05-21-2006, 12:07 AM   #370
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by bono_212
Sin City

Perhaps it's due to the hype that surrounded it that I wasn't as amazed by this movie as I thought I would be. Which is not to say for the way in which it was filmed, because the color, or lack thereof, was amazing. It's more the acting I didn't quite care for. I don't know I loved Bruce Willis, I think it's more minor characters I didn't care for. All in all a fantastic movie, I just wish I had seen it when it first came out, instead of hearing so much about it.

8/10
I agree for the most part but I wouldn't rate it that high. I recently saw this movie a couple of weeks ago. The cinetomagraphy was impressive, but the plot did nothing for me at all. Some of the acting was pretty weak, Jessica Alba's performance as Nancy in particular. Meh.

------------------------------

Saw II - Big improvement from Saw. One aspect that both films share is the mediocre acting by the cast, but I'll look past that because the plot was somewhat decent. If you've seen Saw and were on the fence about seeing the sequel, I'd recommend checking it out. 6/10
Old 05-21-2006, 12:15 AM   #371
Refugee

Local Time: 12:13 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by JanuaryStar
Meet Joe Black
Did you really? What did you think of him?

Quote:
Originally posted by tiny dancer
Analyze This
No, you didn't

Da Vinci Code: 8/10
It's interesting how I've read the book (the illustrated version, mind you) and watched the movie and I still didn't know what was going on.

Anyway, good film. Tom Hank's hair didn't scare as much as it should have and the historical flashbacks were fun. Ron Howard Read cjboog's review a few posts up.

I need to see this one again.
Old 05-21-2006, 03:16 AM   #372
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by got_edge
Did you really? What did you think of him?

No, you didn't

Da Vinci Code: 8/10
It's interesting how I've read the book (the illustrated version, mind you) and watched the movie and I still didn't know what was going on.

Anyway, good film. Tom Hank's hair didn't scare as much as it should have and the historical flashbacks were fun. Ron Howard Read cjboog's review a few posts up.

I need to see this one again.
I read the book when it came out, and re-read it this past week in preparation for the movie, which I hope to see in the next few days. My daughter (almost 12) is reading it now {up to the part of 'so dark the con of man'}. Can you say if the movie is appropriate or scary or 'not' for a mature, almost 12 year old to see? I think she wants to finish the book first, but I can't wait that long
Old 05-21-2006, 09:00 AM   #373
Refugee

Local Time: 12:13 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Lila64

I read the book when it came out, and re-read it this past week in preparation for the movie, which I hope to see in the next few days. My daughter (almost 12) is reading it now {up to the part of 'so dark the con of man'}. Can you say if the movie is appropriate or scary or 'not' for a mature, almost 12 year old to see? I think she wants to finish the book first, but I can't wait that long
It should be fine. There were plenty of children that came with their parents at the theater. There wasn't a lot of bloodshed in the film. The scenes with Silas punishing himself are probably the more 'gruesome' bits of the movie and they weren't that bad.

So, Da Vinci Code: good for 12 year olds

And tell her to hurry up and finish the book!
Old 05-21-2006, 09:52 AM   #374
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 05:13 PM
National Treasure
apart from the annoying performance from Nicolas Cage's sidekick, Riley, i liked the film.
Old 05-21-2006, 10:10 AM   #375
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:13 PM
Hombre