Last Movie You Viewed (Part 3) + Brief Reviews

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The LadyKillers :|

It was OK.
The most annoying thing in the movie was Marlon Wayons.
Everytime he opended his damn mouth it was "f*ck this, f*ck that". :tsk:
Tom Hanks was good though :up:

got_edge said:
Cyber cooties :yuck:

grumpyflirt.gif

I think I'm going to watch a movie today or tomorrow!

Will I feel it's :up: / :down: or should I simply list it? It's going to be oodles of fun.

The Sentinel

A poor stab at making a "24"-like thriller. Keifer Sutherland is Jack Bauer with a different name.

The story is simplistic, some of the character actions unrealistic and a visual style that uses jerky cam as a substitute for good cinematography.

got_edge said:
Brokeback Mountain :up:

The Family Stone :up:

X-Men: The Last Stand :down:

got_edge said:
This isn't a discussion thread! I'm just here to raise my post count[/B]

Sarcasm noted. Thanks. Thanks alot. We can't all be as in depth as yourself and QB. Watch out for the cyber cooties. Oh wait, I don't see YOUR "Brief descriptions" above. :hmm:

by the way, I figured Tommy was 25+ years old. Didn't really need a review :shrug:

<<tiptoes out, with her cooties and all :wink:

Lila64 said:

Sarcasm noted. Thanks. Thanks alot. We can't all be as in depth as yourself and QB. Watch out for the cyber cooties. Oh wait, I don't see YOUR "Brief descriptions" above. :hmm:

by the way, I figured Tommy was 25+ years old. Didn't really need a review :shrug:

<<tiptoes out, with her cooties and all :wink:

Actually you didn't note the sarcasm the first time around. I guess. Or something.

How difficult is it to say just a few words on it? No on is asking you to be the next Ebert and Roeper.
Surely you can talk about the actors, the story, the direction, the lighting, the audience in the theater, the hype. Anything and everything. It just gives us all something to read. And it's helpful too.

Also, way to go on the cooties comment, considering it was never meant for you. Funny how everyone on the internets is always paranoid. :hmm:

EVERYBODY STOP.

I'M CONFUSED!

Did you really get the sarcasm?
Lila64 said:
Sarcasm noted.

or are you totally not on the boat:
Lila64 said:
Oh wait, I don't see YOUR "Brief descriptions" above. :hmm:

Please clarify. I'd like to know if I should respond with more sarcasm or if I should explain my original post.

Ann Margaret, Roger Daltry, and others, including Elton John and Tina Turner. The hype? Not much. The audience - I'd say interested, considering it was just 2 of us laying in bed and watching it on a holiday/day off from work. It's a musical. Before your time of course (pre-80s)

I forgot you guys have taken over the thread. I'll keep my movie viewing to myself :silent: SORRY!
:shrug:

Last edited:
X-Men 3: The Last Stand

First of all, I hate super-hero movies.

h8 h8 h8 h8 h8

Buuuuut, I'm a sucker for special effects.

Plot made me laugh a few times, but really, with lines like 'She was covered in a cocoon of her awesome Level 5 mutant power' how can you not?

5.5/10

Lila64 said:
Ann Margaret, Roger Daltry, and others, including Elton John and Tina Turner. The hype? Not much. The audience - I'd say interested, considering it was just 2 of us laying in bed and watching it on a holiday/day off from work. It's a musical. Before your time of course (pre-80s)

I forgot you guys have taken over the thread. I'll keep my movie viewing to myself :silent: SORRY!
:shrug:

It's not about a thread takeover. It's just a courtesy. It was all good to just list the movies before, but now the contents of the the thread have changed, as approved by a moderator.
If all you want to do is list movies then it should be in the Out Of Control board but this little part of the forum is about posts with substance. At least a little substance. A tad. An eensy bit?

No one is telling you to stop posting, on the contrary, most of us want to hear about the movies you've seen and then hear your opinion on them.

Well if I recall, most of the movies I have posted that I've seen, I've commented on. I'm sorry I didn't give a lengthy enough brief review for you on this particular movie. I could go back and quote my posts, but don't really feel I need to justify it. And if I recall, one of your friends posted movies she saw with no review. And apparently she came back and posted a review later. Not everyone has listed reviews to the movies they've seen. Not much you can do about that :shrug: No need to point out who is or is not following the new "guidelines", which I don't see posted, but I admit to not reading the whole thread, at least not since it was merged. Perhaps there was something posted about listing a review and I missed it - my apologies. And yes, I see it in the thread title. Can't we all just get along? :hug:

Oh, and I will probably be seeing The DaVinci Code again, so I can give my second opinion on it - or let my daughter comment in that post, as she's practically done with the book and wants to see it. I couldn't wait, so I went last Friday and reviewed it a few pages back.

:)

yes, The DaVinci Code is a drama, while Tommy, which I watched over the weekend (in bed) was a musical. We're not gonna take it! :corn:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom