Last Movie You Viewed (Part 3) + Brief Reviews

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last three movies I saw:

Munich (not bad...but I was kinda freaked out during the second sex scene...mainly cause they kept cutting back and forth between that and the flashbacks....and also the looks on Eric Bana's face while all this is going on.)

Ice Age: The Meltdown (I thought it was cute)

Suspiria (Found out about this movie through a countdown on a website. Kinda cheesey and confusing during some parts...but again...not bad. I've seen better though.)

Queen Bee said:
Long, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels - Very entertaining. Brilliant cast, great story, and an awesome soundtrack to boot :up:. 9/10

I thought you hated it :eyebrow:

I don't even remember what it was about. I just remember the final scene at the bridge. And Brad Pitt.

:wiiiiiiiiink:

got_edge said:
I thought you hated it :eyebrow:

I don't even remember what it was about. I just remember the final scene at the bridge. And Brad Pitt.

:wiiiiiiiiink:

Nah, I never said I hated it. I just prefer Snatch out of the two.

grumpyangry.gif

Everything. Well written story, well-acted. It's a love story about 2 men starting back in '63... Sorry, I'm not a professional reviewer :wink:

Just came back from watching Mission: Impossible 3. This is my review:
  • Much better than the John Woo sequel. It's not really my type of film but those who like cheap thrills, action, and a bit of suspense will love it (my brother was so into the film that he looked like he was praying near the end!).

Loved Philip Seymour Hoffman and Simon Pegg in this.

I'd give it a 6/10 simply because it didn't bore me.

Come on, it's verrrrry simple to sum up how you felt about a movie :der:

City of God - Incredible story. For a cast full of unprofessional actors, I was highly impressed with everyone's natural acting ability. The cinematography was fresh and captivating, and I was enthralled with the movie from start to finish. 9/10

The Squid and the Whale - From what I gathered, people that enjoyed this movie liked it because they found they could relate to the story. Given that I'm not a child of divorce, this movie was unappealing to me. Okay, to say you have to relate to a movie in order to enjoy it is impractical, but I don't know... I was incredibly bored and felt nothing for the characters. 4/10

Strictly Ballroom - Hilarious satire on the ballroom dancing scene. Full of heart and amazing dance numbers, not to mention great camera work. I don't care what the critics say, Baz Luhrmann can do no wrong. 9.5/10

Last edited:
The Family Stone-It has a whole cast of characters. Sarah Jessica Parker, Rachel McAdams, Luke Wilson, Diane Keaton, Craig T. Nelson. I thought it was a good movie but it wasn't the best movie that I ever saw. I would definitely see it again.

Seabiscuit on TV last night - :up: good story, good acting. The best thing about it - it was a true story.

got_edge said:
Mission: Impossible 3: Much better than the John Woo sequel. It's not really my type of film but those who like cheap thrills, action, and a bit of suspense will love it (my brother was so into the film that he looked like he was praying near the end!).

Loved Philip Seymour Hoffman and Simon Pegg in this.

I'd give it a 6/10 simply because it didn't bore me.

TWINZ! Except I'd give it a 7/10, maaaybe even a 7.5. It was pretty standard for an action movie, but I really enjoyed it despite the somewhat weak plot.

I agree that it's heaps better than M:I2. My main gripe with the movie (aside from the ending and a couple of spoilery things I won't get into) is that we didn't see enough of Philip Seymour Hoffman's character. PSH played a badass really well. Simon Pegg was awesome as the comic relief, but his role was too small. I completely forgot he had a role in the movie until he showed up on screen. As you can imagine, I was pleasantly surprised when he made his debut :heart:

Cinderella Man- not bad but it dragged at parts, at least for me. the final fight was a little more than I could take, but again that's me. I did think the ending was sort of abrupt as well. The acting was good though.

King Kong - :sick: Visually stunning movie, but there were tons of scenes could've been cut down for time and the dialogue was awful. Rather than enjoy this movie for what it was, I found myself constantly checking how much time was left until it was over. The highlight of the movie was definitely Kong - amazing emotional depth conveyed in his facial expressions; I was impressed. Overall I'd give it a 5/10

VertigoGal said:
Cinderella Man- not bad but it dragged at parts, at least for me. the final fight was a little more than I could take, but again that's me. I did think the ending was sort of abrupt as well. The acting was good though.

My sister cried when the little boy stole the sausage :lol:

Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind.....Great cast, great screenplay adaption, awesome performance by Kate Winslet .....loved it.

I have a crush on Clementine...:wink:

movie_stills.jpg

Gattaca - I thought it was an interesting interpretation of the future. Solid sci-fi movie that doesn't rely on cheesy special effect gimmicks. Exceptional acting, compelling story, and not to mention a great musical score. I liked the message it puts across at the end. 8/10

And this is mostly for Gottage, so stop reading: HAWTPANTS :kiss:

GATTACAGATTACAGATTACAGATTACAGATTACAGATTACAGAT
TACAGATTACAGATTACAGATTACAGATTACAGATTACAGATTAC
AGATTACAGATTACAGATTACAGATTACAGATTACAGATTACAGA
TTACAGATTACAGATTACAGATTACAGATTACAGATTACAGATTA

HAWTPANTS!

Last edited:
United 93- I don't know what else to say about this except everybody should see this movie. There is most likely no other movie this intense, emotional, real...and important right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom