Last Movie You Viewed (Part 3) + Brief Reviews

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
whoosh2.gif

Thread title went over a couple of people's heads, huh?

Recently saw The Inside Man. Meh. It wasn't exactly what I was expecting and probably could've been 40 minutes shorter in length, but it was decent. Jodie Foster's character was rather pointless. Solid heist movie otherwise. 6.5/10

tiny dancer said:
Gangs Of New York

What did you think Tiny? I was very underimpressed by this film. I couldn't bear DiCaprio's awful "Irish" accent for starters but I thought it didn't live up to the hype. Daniel Day Lewis was fantastic if I remember, but the film wasn't particularly memorable.

:wave: Tilli & Tiny!

I like the movie, but I enjoy these epics depicting a historic event. You are right and I agree about the bad attempt Leo did on the accent in this one. My cousin and I have been working on family geneology and stumbled upon a relative who came from England and lived within that Four Squares in that NY area during that time period. We suspect our family did not like the gangs and crime, which is why we figure they moved north to upstate NY and settled on a farm there.

The Interpreter (Kidman/Penn)

watched most of last week, but had missed the first 15-20 minutes, so I TiVoed it & watched it complete last night. Very interesting movie - I liked it :up:

Jawbreaker

:huh: definently the worst movie I've ever seen. It was just terrible I don't even get it

Matrix Reloaded and Matrix Revolutions, on DVD. The first one is still the best, unexpected ending aside. Hugo Weaving :up:

Batman begins, also DVD; a pleasant surprise - by far better than Batman and Robin and Batman Forever, almost as good as the two Tim Burton movies. The only bad side was Katie Holmes: she did not convince me as being a tough DA or Bruce's old flame.

As for cinema, the last movies I saw : HP and Goblet of fire (might have been the best so far, had they not rushed the scenes so much in it. Still, Voldemort coming to life alone was worth the ticket price.),
Munich (Spielberg rarely dissapoints, great acting by Eric Bana),
King Kong (a bit long in the start, but once they get to the island...Peter Jackson can make epic movies),
Chronicels of Narnia (nice adaptation of the book, only it tried to bee like LOTR too hard at times).

Last edited:
bono_212 said:
Jawbreaker

:huh: definently the worst movie I've ever seen. It was just terrible I don't even get it

It's definitely not for everyone. I really like this movie, though. Dark comedies :drool:

U2girl said:
Batman begins, also DVD; a pleasant surprise - by far better than Batman and Robin and Batman Forever, almost as good as the two Tim Burton movies. The only bad side was Katie Holmes: she did not convince me as being a tough DA or Bruce's old flame.

I agree. That's exactly how I felt when I watched the movie last year :up:

HoodWinked- One of the cutest and funniest children's movie I have seen lately.

Ice Age 2 The Meltdown- Well worth the time to watch :up:

Chronicles of Narnia- Great movie but agree with U2girl that it was trying to be LOTR

The Fog (The remake version)- Really boring to watch was highly disappointed

Wow I watched a lot of movies the past few days :shifty:

Last edited:
Watched American Beauty on TV last night. Definitely a film that I think you're either going to love or hate. I actually enjoyed it. I thought the ending (the bit where he gets shot and it goes through what everyone was doing at the time) made this film. Brilliant. Maybe a bit artsy in places but still a good film :up:

U2girl said:

Great, great film. The best comic book film to date imo - even surpassing Road to Perdition and the original Superman. It was a much needed restart to the franchise and had an intelligent script with so many layers which didn't treat its audience like morons. Chris Nolan is pretty much a genius.

Also, in Holmes' defense, she was an assistant DA which far more believable for someone her age. I can't wait for the sequel in 2008, what with The Joker, Harvey Dent and an impending mob war.

Last edited:
Road to perdition was a comic? Tom Hanks doesn't work as the bad guy IMO...

OK assistant DA :D she still didn't pull it off. Liam Neeson was good, as was the Scarecrow and Michael Caine is perfect for Alfred. Last but not least, I think Christian Bale may be the best Bruce Wayne/Batman so far.

I thought they would end it with this movie, the Joker card connects this with the first movie well...Jack Nicholson was the perfect Joker, I can't imagine anyone else.

Goodnight & Good Luck
>enjoyed it. Seemed kinda short. But still good :up:

Philadelphia
>Whenever it's on, I feel compelled to watch it. Brings me to tears every time. Especially Neil Young's song playing in the final scene :sad:

Just rented Brokeback Mountain as well. Have to make the time to watch it this week (only so many hours in the day!)

Went to see Friends With Money...

I don't know if this movie is classified as a comedy or a drama or maybe even both, but my friend and I were laughing throughout the entire film!

3/4 of the story line was great. Jennifer Aniston and Scott Cann were pretty lame but the gay/not gay British guy storyline was 10 shades of awesome™.

Edit: I'd say 7/10

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom