Last Movie You Viewed (Part 2)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
In the Realm of the Senses (Oshima, 1976)--THE SINGLE WORST FILM I HAVE EVER SEEN!!!!

The Goalie's Anxiety at the Penalty (Wenders, 1971)

Dead or Alive (Miike, 2000)

Early Summer (Ozu, 1951)

Just got back from watching a King Kong pre-screening.

Pretty good. Some of the best action sequences ever filmed. I thought the whole "Beauty and the Beast" thing was a bit too much to swallow, but the film was shot as if it was 1933, and you have to feel it from that point of view.

Add another $300 million dollar (plus) payday for Peter Jackson...

King Kong (Jackson, 2005)--Most offensive film so far released this year...? Definitely.

The Killing (Kubrick, 1956)

Mon Oncle (Tati, 1958)

Frenzy (Hitchcock, 1972)

That Obscure Object of Desire (Bunuel, 1977)

Nashville (Altman, 1975)

Harold and Maude (Ashby, 1971)

L'Avventura (Antonioni, 1960)

Tengoku to jigoku (aka High and Low)

Thriller with brains. As with most Kurosawa films, I loved every minute of it. Can't wait to see Yojimbo and Sanjuro.

Slapnutz said:
Tengoku to jigoku (aka High and Low)

Thriller with brains. As with most Kurosawa films, I loved every minute of it. Can't wait to see Yojimbo and Sanjuro.

High and Low is a wonderful, if somewhat problematic, film. One of my favorite films of his made post-1960. Yojimbo is marvelous and Sanjuro a bit too silly for my taste, at times. Either way, I still love them both.

As for L'Avventura, it is a masterpiece in every sense of the word. The film hasn't aged a day, if you ask me. One of the most beautiful, captivating (despite the fact that nothing really happens) films I've ever seen. The only drawback was that it had to end.

Gilda with Rita Hayworth (1946)

gmundson.jpg

Back
Top Bottom