Last Lecture - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Old 10-08-2007, 07:43 PM   #1
Local Time: 08:04 PM
Last Lecture

has anyone seen the Last Lecture of Randy Pausch...its the most beautiful speech i've ever heard. A professor with terminal cancer who gives one last bit of wisdom to his students. I'm writing this in tears right now. I think everyone should see and learn from this.

Old 10-08-2007, 08:55 PM   #2
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 08:34 PM
I posted a thread about this a couple of weeks back and it didn't get a lot of replys.

It was a moving and inspirational message by a brave man facing death with great dignitiy.

Old 10-08-2007, 09:23 PM   #3
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 06:04 PM
Incredible lecture, incredible man. I saw this a few weeks ago and have watched it a couple times since. He's someone to truly learn from.
Old 10-09-2007, 12:23 PM   #4
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 07:04 PM
I made one of my classes watch the video and read an article about it, then write an in-class essay about what wisdom they would like to share. I reframed the assignment so it didn't have to be if they found out they were dying, but just their wisdom to friends or family they might not see for awhile since they're in their first semester of college.

It's a very powerful reminder that we shouldn't take our health for granted. I've been recovering from mono recently (and still am...and could still be for months ), and watching that while my own health hasn't been great has made me realize that there are so many things I want to make sure I'm doing with my life. What if I never got the chance to do them? The only way I can know for sure that I'll do them is by starting them now.