LASIK surgery

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Citron

The Fly
I've been considering getting LASIK corrective surgery so I don't have to wear glasses, but I'm a little afraid of the risks involved. Has anyone had this done? Had any problems? Thanks.
Also, if I get rid of my eyeglasses, I'll be able to sport my fly shades!

My dad had the surgery about five years ago - at age 67. He couldn't be happier.

If you are considering the surgery, ignore the television & radio ads and check the reputation of the doctors in your area.

I had it done a little over three years ago. It's the best money I've ever spent (besides on U2, of course!). I'm still amazed to be able to see the clock in the morning (it's right next to my bed - yes, my eyes were that bad! Glasses had to be worn all the time).

Definately ask people around you who have had it done about who their doctor was and what they liked/disliked about him/her. The doctor I went to was a bit more expensive than others, but everyone I talked to who had gone to him just loved him. And all the articles I read about him were postive.

Good luck!

I've never heard anything but good things about Lasik. :yes:

I don't know why I haven't had it done yet. :confused: :shrug:

I had LASIK surgery three weeks ago and have had no problems at all.

I worried about it for ages beforehand but I had no problems with it. I can see so much better now and I'm so glad that I had it done. Definitely the best money ever spent.

It takes a bit of getting used to not wearing glasses though. I keep looking all over the house for my glasses and then realising that I don't need them.

:)

Jody said:

It takes a bit of getting used to not wearing glasses though. I keep looking all over the house for my glasses and then realising that I don't need them.

:)

:lmao: :laugh:

I have heard nothing but good things about it also. I would like to have it down hopefully in the near future, but I have to have some gum surgery done next week, and my insurance doesn't cover it. I say- Go for it citron! :yes:

I had it done last summer, then had one eye 'retouched' this year I (it lost the initial clarity to the point of being distracting a month after I had it done). There are a lot of post-surgery appointments to go to (a logistical problem for me), but all in all I'm very pleased with the results. They did tell me that I'd need reading glasses about five years sooner then I would have without having the surgery done.

That falling out joke is from the Simpsons;)

I have heard that if you keep reading up close or playing on the computer too much your eyes will go bad again and next time they won't 'fix' so be careful.

My brother had it done a few years ago and he said it was the best money he ever spent on himself. I've only had glasses/contacts for a few years so I'm not at the point where all that bothers me enough that I would get it done but I'm sure one day it's something I'll do.

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

your glasses are cute, bg :cute:

I want to get this done like the :censored: devil, but alas, no insurance. :rant: :|

:cute: thank you.

i hate to admit this, but i'd be scared to have this done. :reject:

bonosgirl84 said:

i hate to admit this, but i'd be scared to have this done. :reject:

I was really scared about having it done. I have wanted it for 2 years but never dared go.

I was a nervous wreck when I went for my first consultation but they explain it all really well and it put me totally at ease. The day of the surgery was a bit scary. I think I had convinced myself that it would hurt, which of course it doesn't.

I say go for it. :)

I've heard nothing but good things about LASIK - but I also work at the Mass Eye and Ear in Boston and we have some of the best eye docs that you're going to find. Looks like you live in NY - are you anywhere near the New York Eye and Ear? I bet you could find an excellent doc to do it for you there. I remember a friend of mine calling me one night after having his eyes done and telling me he was lying in his bedroom and he could see the time on the microwave in his kitchen, whereas before he couldnt even tie his shoelaces without his glasses. Just do a little research into things and go for it!

Thanks for the encouraging responses everyone. I've decided to go through with. Just came back from my initial appointment and everything looks good. Surgery day is Thursday. Wish me luck!

NeuticlesORIGINAL?
(Polyprophylene - Rigid)
Item # Description Length Each Pair

0-Large 65-90+ lbs 1.79" $39 $67

0-Medium 30-60 lbs 1.50" $38 $65

0-Small 11-30 lbs 1.04" $37 $64

0-XSmall 3-10 lbs .63 $35 $60

0-Petite 1- 3 lbs .44 $33 $53

My dog is around 50 lbs.

I am tempted to spend the 2 bucks more for the large.

That way he could intimidate the pitbulls.

:yes: :up: go up to the large...I'm sure your doggy would really appreciate the extra boost to his manhood :sexywink:

had my surgery yesterday, but my vision is still not perfect, at about 20/30. the doc said to have patience, but i'm beginning to get worried. if i have to keep wearing glasses, i am going to be so pissed!:mad:

Back
Top Bottom