Lasik Surgery

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BEAL

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
Anyone else have this done? I just went under the "laser" last Tuesday.

Eyes are still adjusting. I was curious if anyone has had it done, how long did the side effects last for you? I've been told anywhere from a week to a month.

My right eye isn't too bad, but my left is pretty hazy and blurry. I have to take the Econopred for a extra 3 days in that eye due to some inflammation.

I'd like to hear how other people's experiences have gone.

I don't have it, but I really really REALLY want to. I don't know if I'm eligible because my eyes have worsened in the past 6 months, so they are probably not done going bad. :sigh:

I don't think it has anything to do with your "vision". I think it has more to do with the shape of your corena (sp).

I've heard from everyone that's done it that they love it. I was just curious about how long the side effects last. I guess everyone is different so it probably won't do me any good. My vision was really bad yesterday, but today it's great. My doctor told me it can take anywhere from a week to a month for my vision to stablize.

It is wonderful knowing that I can fall asleep ANYTIME and not worry about my contacts drying up.

and, HELLO sicy.

Last edited:
And that video is pretty creepy.

The whole operation took 5 minutes. There isn't any "pain", but it is very uncomfortable.

If anyone is thinking of doing it, make sure you check out the doctors that provide it. It's like just about anything else, you get what you pay for.

I am interested in doing it coz my eyesight is really, really bad. I'm almost blind without my contacts and glasses.

My mom had it done about 7 years ago, and she's had nothing but positive things to say about it. It took about a week and a half for her to return to normal, and it's still great. The best part for her was being able to wake up and see everything clearly right away.

I will most likely have this done in the future. I've talked with my optometrist about it, and he says that I should be able to have it in a few years. Right now my prescription is changing too much.

I have a few hesitations - the biggest one being fear of any type of surgery, and it just sounds so incredibly creepy. Second being that I have very tiny eyes, and my glasses make them look a little bigger. Maybe I'm just so used to how I look with glasses, since I've had them since I was 13. We'll see. :)

My vision was

1.50 R
1.75 L

So not very bad. A friend of my fiancee vision was horrible. I was told she couldn't see the alarm clock digits when she'd wake up in the morning to turn it off. So basically blind as a bat.

From what I've heard your prescription doesn't have a lot do with you being a candidate or not. You do need to have it be stable. My eyes have changed once in my life since glasses/contacts, and that was 5 years ago and they actually got better.

The shape of your cornea. Since the operation is cutting into it, I believe it needs to be the right "shape" for the flap to fit over correctly and hold.

I don't think you can have any astimatism, but there is surgery to fix that as well.

The only thing I fear is that in 15-20 years, will I be blind? The doctors say no, but I saw a Simpsons episode where Flanders and nearly everyone was blind due to the popular surgery : )

Mine is -7.50 in my left eye and -8 in the right one. I fumble around like a blind woman when I don't have my glasses or contacts on, :lol:

BEAL said:

From what I've heard your prescription doesn't have a lot do with you being a candidate or not. You do need to have it be stable. My eyes have changed once in my life since glasses/contacts, and that was 5 years ago and they actually got better.

My prescription still worsens once or twice a year, so I'm probably not eligible yet. One eye gets worse, then the other eye gets worse, then the other eye gets worse, and on and on. It's changed probably close to ten times in not as many years.

Back
Top Bottom