Laser Hair Removal, has anyone done this yet? - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 01-11-2004, 12:13 PM   #16
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:53 AM
I knew a girl in 9th grade who had electrolysis done on her eyebrows and they ALL fell out, so she had to draw them on everyday.

Old 01-11-2004, 12:32 PM   #17
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 12:53 AM

Old 01-11-2004, 12:35 PM   #18
arw
Blue Crack Addict

I had it done on my upper lip. I was tired of waxing. If you get some numbing cream it doesn't hurt as bad. If you go to a dermatologist they'll be able to give you a prescription for it. Even with the cream it still feels like someone is snapping rubbing bands on you. I only got it done once and it did the trick but I know other people I've talked to have done other places on their body and it worked for a while and then it's grown back only after one treatment. The dermatologist I went to suggested 2-3 treatments for me but I didn't think I needed it. I know a lot of spa's do it now to, and for a lot less I spent a pretty penny on it a few years ago and now I see it being advertised for a lot less. Oh well....it's worth it. No more waxing or plucking.
Old 01-11-2004, 02:02 PM   #19
Refugee

I had the cream too, it still stung a lot. Oh well
Old 01-11-2004, 02:03 PM   #20
Refugee

Local Time: 10:53 PM
Don't you have to avoid the sun for a long time afterwards? I thought I heard that somewhere...your skin can get all yucky and blotchy or something like that..
Old 01-11-2004, 03:48 PM   #21
arw
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by senrab
I had the cream too, it still stung a lot. Oh well
oh it's still a little uncomfortable with the cream. I can't imagine having it done without it though.
Old 01-11-2004, 10:53 PM   #22
Blue Crack Addict

I've had it done and I honestly didn't feel pain, however they were very surprised and I generally have a high pain threshold. It feels a little bit like needle pricks and the area might look a bit red afterwards, but you can take a Benadryl and it goes away. I never used numbing cream.

It is expensive, but it really, really works. You have to understand that it is designed for thick, dark hair. Blonde hairs and peach fuzz - you'll never get rid of that. But if you've got dark or coarse hair, then you're a perfect candidate. If you want to get it done, I would recommend not going to a laser hair clinic, but go to a medical clinic where they have medical personnel (doctors and nurses) performing laser, as well as cosmetic surgery procedures. They are better able to give you all around care and the more frou frou the place is, the better their lasers are. Some of the lasers, like ALEX are very crude and your face will be red and swollen for a day or two after. Not to mention, you will not be allowed out in the sun if you are using them. Other (considerably more expensive) lasers will leave you with no pain, no redness and no discomfort. Remember, you get what you pay for.
Old 01-11-2004, 10:54 PM   #23
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Mrs.Clayton
Don't you have to avoid the sun for a long time afterwards? I thought I heard that somewhere...your skin can get all yucky and blotchy or something like that..
It depends on the machine.

Beware of places that advertise for cheap. Their machines are cheap and obsolete.
Old 01-13-2004, 02:02 AM   #24
fah
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:53 PM
I've been thinking of getting this done too. The woman who does my brows told me the one thing to be concerned about is your skin type and the equipment being used. If there is any question about your skin not being suitable for this type of treatment you should have a small test done on some hairy part of you that is not normally on view to everyone. Also, ask for references with before and after photos.
Old 01-14-2004, 11:36 PM   #25
Refugee

Local Time: 01:53 AM
thanks for the feedback