Larry Birkhead Plans To Sue OK! Magazine

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MsMofoGone

Blue Crack Addict
Birkhead and Magazine: It's War
Thu Aug 30, 11:45 AM

Oh, what a little girl's birthday party has wrought...

OK! magazine was talking "explosive allegations" and Larry Birkhead was talking lawsuits after the celebrity weekly announced it had nixed planned coverage of the first-birthday party of Anna Nicole Smith's daughter, Dannielynn.

"It breaks my heart that OK! has to pull out of a shoot that would have chronicled the next great chapter of Dannielynn's life," editor in chief Sarah Ivens said in a statement Thursday. "But first and foremost, we care dearly about the well-being of the young one, and my moral obligation lies with her. So, it's unfortunate, but at the moment, my biggest fear is that Larry and Howard may have tricked us all."

Reached by phone for comment, Birkhead, Smith's former boyfriend and Dannielynn's father, said it was OK! that was acting inappropriate.

"OK! magazine, they're basically—it's just sour grapes from them," Birkhead said.

Stern, the Smith lawyer and constant companion of the onetime E! reality star, who originally claimed to be Dannielynn's father, did not return a page seeking comment.

Birkhead, for one, said he planned to sue OK! for "alluding to the fact that I'd be involved in anything ethical or immoral with my daughter."

In a statement, OK! said it had "newly obtained allegations" that were "detailed, shocking and potentially incriminating"—and wouldn't be revealed until next week's issue.

Birkhead said he believes the magazine's "explosive allegations" are culled from former MSNBC host Rita Cosby's upcoming book, Blonde Ambition: The Untold Story Behind Anna Nicole Smith's Death. He said he also plans to sue Cosby. The author's publisher, Grand Central Publishing, did not immediately return an email Thursday seeking comment.

Birkhead, who'd participated in previous cover stories with OK!, said the rift between him and the usually celeb-friendly periodical started when he informed the magazine that Us Weekly wanted to do a cover story on him and Dannielynn.

"I asked out of courtesy, and OK! magazine went through the roof," Birkhead said, adding that the glossy was also irked by the invite to Dannielynn's party turning up in InTouch. "They can't stand it if one other magazine has one other little detail."

One email from OK!, Birkhead claimed, warned he'd be the subject of "horrid" coverage if he went ahead with the Us story. In the end, Birkhead did the Us interview, and according to him, he got the "horrid" treatment.

"They just sent out a press release showing how vindictive they are," Birkhead said. "They wanted to lock me down, like I'm under their command."

Per Birkhead, the magazine also wanted to play party planner.

"They wanted to send a rap star to my daughter's first birthday," Birkhead said. "That's not appropriate for a one-year-old."

The "rap star," per Birkhead: Kat DeLuna, a singer who actually left the rapping to Elephant Man on their summertime hit "Whine Up."

OK! did not respond to Birkhead's allegations, saying its original statements from the magazine and Ivens would stand for the day.

The Birkhead-OK! war is the second time in as many months that OK! has fired away at a tabloid star. In July, the magazine provided excruciating detail of a photo shoot and interview gone very wrong with Britney Spears.

Birkhead invoked Spears' name more than once on Thursday, as in, "They did the same thing with Britney Spears."

OK! coverage or no, Dannielynn's birthday party is still on. Birkhead was careful with details, but did allow that it'll be held in his hometown of Louisville, Kentucky, and that Stern, with whom he battled for custody of the girl, was invited.

Of the party, Birkhead said, "It's going to be all about Dannielynn."

Dannielynn Hope was born in the Bahamas last Sept. 7, on one of the last relatively drama-free days of mother Anna Nicole Smith's life.

Three days after Dannielynn's birth, Smith's eldest child, Daniel Smith, died in his mother's hospital room of what has been termed an accidental drug overdose. He was 20.

Smith herself died of an accidental drug overdose in Florida in March at the age of 39.

Birkhead was awarded custody of Dannielynn in April, after DNA tests proved he was the biological father.

In addition to Dannielynn's birthday party, Birkhead said there would be a "private thing" to mark the one-year anniversary of Daniel Smith.

"It's been a rough year for me," Birkhead said, "and I'm not going to let these people [at OK!] drag me down. They're mad because someone sold one less magazine."

"They can stay home, and there'll be more cake for me and Dannielynn."

Birkhead, for one, said he planned to sue OK! for "alluding to the fact that I'd be involved in anything ethical or immoral with my daughter."
It's so-ooo ridiculous, yet sad too, that Larry and his daughter can't be left alone. :sad:
How long are they gonna have to 'put up' with being TODAY'S news ?? :tsk:

In a statement, OK! said it had "newly obtained allegations" that were "detailed, shocking and potentially incriminating"—and wouldn't be revealed until next week's issue.
Yeah, right !! :down:
It seems this magazine just wants to sell more issues, so they have to try to 'dish out' some 'phony' dirt. .:ohmy:

the saga continues..
the latest from tmz.. :huh: :banghead:

Tell-All: Stern and Birkhead Were Lovers
Posted Sep 2nd 2007 11:18AM by TMZ Staff
Filed under: Wacky and Weird, Anna Nicole Smith

A new tell-all about Anna Nicole Smith from former MSNBC journalist Rita Cosby about alleges that Howard K. Stern and Larry Birkhead were secret gay lovers.

The book, "Blonde Ambition: The Untold Story Behind Anna Nicole Smith's Death" describes an alleged brief tryst between Stern and Birkhead, reports the Daily News. Jackie Hatten, described as a friend of Anna Nicole's, claims she found Stern and Birkhead witht heir shirts off and pants around their ankles, engaged in oral sex.

The book also accuses the feuding baby daddies of cutting a secret deal between them in which Birkhead would get custody of Dannielynn in return for Stern being named executor of Anna Nicoles estate.

Both Birkhead and Stern deny all of Cosby's accusations. Birkhead said that he was disgusted by Cosby's claims that he and Stern were gay lovers. "If she printed that then she is really getting sued," he said.

Stern's lawyer Lin Wood called the book "false and defamatory."

Rita Cosby...... ur a nutjob...:coocoo:

U2Fanatic4ever said:
the saga continues..

A new tell-all about Anna Nicole Smith from former MSNBC journalist Rita Cosby about alleges that Howard K. Stern and Larry Birkhead were secret gay lovers.

The book, "Blonde Ambition: The Untold Story Behind Anna Nicole Smith's Death" describes an alleged brief tryst between Stern and Birkhead, reports the Daily News. Jackie Hatten, described as a friend of Anna Nicole's, claims she found Stern and Birkhead witht heir shirts off and pants around their ankles, engaged in oral sex.

The book also accuses the feuding baby daddies of cutting a secret deal between them in which Birkhead would get custody of Dannielynn in return for Stern being named executor of Anna Nicoles estate.

Both Birkhead and Stern deny all of Cosby's accusations. Birkhead said that he was disgusted by Cosby's claims that he and Stern were gay lovers. "If she printed that then she is really getting sued," he said.

Sorry Rita, no one's interested in your slash fangirl fantasies. :| Leave these poor people alone. They've suffered enough as it is.

MsMofoGone said:

It's so-ooo ridiculous, yet sad too, that Larry and his daughter can't be left alone. :sad:

Larry invited them to the party. :huh: He gets paid for the photos. I don't feel sad for them at all. Larry had bills to pay don't forget. Larry Birkhead is a media whore. He doesn't want to be left alone.

I don't know

I kind of remember
at a joint news conference

there was what appeared to be random foot tapping :shrug:

The whole saga is a great big never ending circus and the one I am really feeling sorry for is Danielynne-she is the innocent in the whole sordid affair. I wondered what the deal was with the closeness of Stern, Birkhead and Smith long long ago, so Rita's allegations may not be so far from the truth. I know, I know, don't believe everything you read.......

MsMofoGone said:

How long are they gonna have to 'put up' with being TODAY'S news ?? :tsk:

I dunno...maybe when he stops taking money from the tabloids in exchange for exclusive photos and stories?

Originally posted by WildHoneyAlways
He doesn't want to be left alone.

I was speaking of the fact that this magazine supposedly says it has ... "newly obtained allegations" that were "detailed, shocking and potentially incriminating" !!

They were talking about Birkhead doing 'immoral' things with his daughter ... how ridiculous. That is sad that they have to be 'dished upon' that way just to have their magazine sell issues.

You know, it's terrible because Dannielynn is NOT going to have any kind of 'NORMAL' life when she is old enough to understand this. She will always be 'subjected' to the media, who we know will not leave her alone. I wouldn't be too surprised if she ends up following in her mother's and brother's footsteps ... it's sad to even mention saying ... although, it wouldn't be too shocking if it did later happen, either ... (considering the fact what's happening with her father continually being 'splattered' by the press as well)

Indeed it is very sad. :sad:

Here's the latest developments on that ridiculous claim about Birkhead and Stern ...

Birkhead, Stern Get Cozy in Cosby's Tell-All
5 hours ago

Anna Nicole Smith may have passed away more than six months ago, but her surviving friends and family members aren't getting any rest. Or peace.

Just a week after Larry Birkhead publicly defended himself against unspecified though supposedly "explosive allegations" that cost him his exclusive make-nice deal with OK! magazine, the father of Dannielynn is again on the defensive, this time against salacious claims of a more detailed—and disturbing—nature.

In Blonde Ambition: The Untold Story Behind Anna Nicole Smith's Death, a new tell-all tome by former MSNBC talking head Rita Cosby released Tuesday, the cable-news pundit launches a series of potentially reputation-damaging allegations against both Birkhead and onetime paternity challenger Howard K. Stern—allegations against which Birkhead has already threatened legal action.

According to a statement released by the book's publisher, Hachette Book Group's Grand Central Publishing, the in-depth account of Smith's death and the players surrounding it will include revelations by Jackie Hatten, a woman who touted herself as Smith's best friend while making the media rounds in the wake of her death earlier this year, about the nature of the men's relationship.

Per a press release sent by Grand Central Publishing, "eyewitnesses say they were caught in a compromising position."

Lest readers worry that the tease is just that, the New York Daily News, which claimed to have received an early copy of the full tome, identified Hatten as the eyewitness.

"Their bodies were intermingled," she told Cosby in the book, adding that she caught the men shirtless and with their pants around their ankles in a Los Angeles home. "It was obvious what was happening."

Both Birkhead and a lawyer for Stern, who has kept a relatively low profile since the paternity battle played out last spring, have come out swinging, adamantly denying not only the same-sex allegations but a slew of other reports in Cosby's book.

"If she printed that, then she is really getting sued," Birkhead told the Daily News. "My attorneys are going after her, and that is absolutely false. And I am sure Howard and the estate and everyone else involved is going to sue her, too. This is just nonsense...None of it is true."

Stern's lawyer, Lin Wood, told the paper that Cosby's allegations were "false and defamatory" and that she "has taken the coverage to a disgusting new low, for which she will be held legally accountable."

Per Grand Publishing, which by now is likely good and lawyered up, Blonde Ambition will also delve into "private deals" hashed out between the two men and "how they cut a secret deal which was financially advantageous to both parties, without regard to little Dannielynn."

Cosby writes in the book that Stern was using a "secret" he learned about Birkhead against the Kentucky-born photographer to "suddenly cut a deal with Stern"—which included Birkhead getting custody of Dannielynn and Stern being named executor of Smith's estate—"and dramatically turn his back on Anna's mother, Virgie Arthur."

Cosby also alleges that not only did Smith have "no intention" of staying with Birkhead after getting pregnant by him but she called into question Birkhead's feelings for her, claiming his association with the former Playmate was "based on his desire for celebrity, not love."

Though while the book's publisher apparently has no problem throwing its weight behind the allegations by Cosby—who reportedly introduced Birkhead to his first and subsequently former lawyer Debra Opri—other media outlets aren't so keen on the association.

According to TMZ, Cosby scheduled appearance on Today this week to promote the book was nixed after the morning show received a legal warning from Wood that threatened to hold NBC responsible for any false utterances that emerged from Cosby during the sit-down.

Similar allegations are also reportedly set to hit the newsstand this week, with OK! magazine making good on last week's announcement that it has canceled an exclusive-coverage deal with Birkhead in the wake of "shocking and potentially incriminating" allegations the magazine claims to have unearthed.

"It makes it impossible for OK!, in good conscience, to promote this family's highly questionable relationship in our pages," the magazine said in a statement last week.

"It's unfortuntae," the mag's editor, Sarah Ivens, said, "but at the moment, my biggest fear is that Larry and Howard may have tricked us all."

Speaking to E! Online in the wake of the magazine's cryptic announcement, Birkhead called the rag's reaction "sour grapes" after OK! caught wind that rival tabloid Us Weekly had expressed interest in its exclusive cover subject.

Whatever the reason, Birkhead said he planned to file suit against the magazine for "alluding to the fact that I'd be involved in anything unethical or immoral with my daughter."

The new issue of OK! hits newsstands Wednesday.

U2Fanatic4ever said:
the saga continues..

Yeah I just read this today!!:lmao:

Further news story now ...

Birkhead, Stern to Sue Over New Book
By SANDY COHEN, AP Entertainment Writer
Wed Sep 5, 6:47 AM

LOS ANGELES - Larry Birkhead and Howard K. Stern both plan to sue the author of a new book that claims the two men shared a sexual encounter before Anna Nicole Smith's death and worked together afterward to manipulate the media and maximize profits.

"Blonde Ambition: The Untold Story Behind Anna Nicole Smith's Death," by journalist Rita Cosby, hit stores Tuesday.

Birkhead, the father of Smith's infant daughter, said that though he has yet to see the book, he intends to sue Cosby, her sources and Grand Central Publishing.

"This is going to be one of the most expensive lawsuit settlements in book-publishing history," Birkhead told The Associated Press Tuesday.

Stern also planned to "file and aggressively pursue a libel case" against Cosby and her publishers, his attorney, L. Lin Wood, said Tuesday.

"The more information I have received over the last several days about Ms. Cosby's book, the more convinced I am that she has, as a practical matter, authored a work of pure fiction," Wood said in a statement.

Birkhead acknowledged meeting with Cosby several times after Smith's death in February. But he flatly denied that he and Stern, Smith's attorney and sometime boyfriend, ever shared a sexual tryst.

"It's totally false and defamatory," Birkhead said. "This book is fueled by Internet gossip and tabloid reports. She never once tried to contact me or Howard to see if any of these things were true."

Cosby claimed there is a videotape of the alleged encounter and that one of Smith's former employees had seen the Playboy Playmate watching it. But Birkhead said no tape could exist because the encounter did not occur.

Cosby quotes Birkhead on some topics in the book, she said, but not on the sexual rumors.

"We also knew what Birkhead would say because we've seen him inconsistent on many other things," she told AP Tuesday, adding that the book cites numerous sources and was "carefully vetted through attorneys at our publishing house."

"I have nothing to hide," she said. "I make no apologies for the book, and at the end of the day, the American public will see that these two men conspired to fool us all."

Birkhead denied the book's claim that he and Stern made a "secret deal" about finances and the custody of Smith's daughter, Dannielynn.

"There's been no deal cut. There's nobody even positioned to make deals," Birkhead said, noting that he is still involved in a custody dispute with Smith's mother, Virgie Arthur.

Cosby said she expected backlash from Birkhead and Stern when she started writing the book in April.

"I knew going into this that this was going to be challenged by them at every turn because they don't want the truth to come out," she said.

Birkhead said the sources Cosby cites "all have pending litigation against me so they all have axes to grind."

He also accused the author of opportunistic timing: "Rita Cosby uses this week, the week that my daughter turns one and the anniversary of (Smith's son) Daniel's death, to try to sell a book or two."

Cosby said Dannielynn inspired her to write the book.

"The real issue here and the reason I did this book was that little baby," she said. "The question is: What's ahead for her future if these two men appear to be in collusion? ... I hope that my book will expose some of the inconsistencies that have been out there and maybe have these cases given a second look."

Dannielynn turns one on Friday.

Grand Central Publishing did not return messages seeking comment.

I would like to buy that book, just to walk up to Rita Cosby and 'blow-torch it' right in front of her face. :yes:

But, that wouldn't work ... as I would have satisfaction in 'torching' that ridiculous tell-all book ... YES INDEED !!

Then again, she would still make money off my purchasing her book.

:hmm:

This needs more thought on how to embarrass her further regarding her stupid book. :up:

He also accused the author of opportunistic timing:

"Rita Cosby uses this week, the week that my daughter turns one and the anniversary of (Smith's son) Daniel's death, to try to sell a book or two."

Dannielynn turns one on Friday.

This is the reason for the release of that stupid book ... no doubt about it. :up:

:tsk:

Back
Top Bottom