Laptop power supply question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

meegannie

Blue Crack Addict
Has anyone here used their laptop in a foreign country without using a power converter? The battery in my laptop is about to run out and I don't have a UK to US converter, so I was thinking about using the power supply unit thing from my dad's US laptop, but I didn't know if the difference in current would screw up my laptop. I emailed Evesham (the manufacturer of the laptop), but I don't think they understood my question because they just told me that my psu should work okay here, which obviously it won't when I can't plug it into the wall. :huh:

as far as my knowledge goes, in the US a normal appliance operates at 110-120 volts (AC) electricity while most of the world operates on 220-240 volts (AC).

Laptops though I believe are multi-voltage meaning you shouldnt need a transformer to handle the voltage.

You will however need to get an adapter to plug the powere supply into the foreign socket

So if you dont have one the outlets supply I would think too much power for the device which could cause problems for the device.

Gee I guess that doesnt really answer your question does it..what was your question again..Ive gotten lost and forgot what I was talking about...:lol:

Back
Top Bottom