Laptop Help?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

anitram

Blue Crack Addict
I think somebody here had a thread like this, but I can't find it at the moment. :(

Regardless, I'm looking to purchase a laptop within the next couple of months, and I'd love to hear some recommendations. My brother is insisting on a Toshiba or Sony, and I'm looking at something mid range - a little above mid range.

Some people have had good experiences with Dell, some haven't, but I don't like the idea of not being able to put my hands on it before buying it. Definitely don't want a Compaq or an IBM, and I find Macs to be overpriced.

Anybody have any ideas?

I like Toshiba and Sony as well...lol.

Dell isn't a bad company, though, IMO.

Melon

ive had a few kinkds with my dell that i bought in october. ive got a 200 N.

it completely collapsed on me two weeks in, but after reinstalling it, everything is fine except for one thing. when im using my modem at home for the internet, i cant listen to music cause it freezes me computer for some reason. at work, when im on high speed this isnt a problem. only at home. i have no idea how to update my drivers, any help would be appreciated.

its still a good computer, nevertheless.

Check Windows Update for new drivers. They may or may not exist on there.

Melon

I have bought three.
1. Winbook
2. Sony
3. Winbook.
I break everthing. I have had better luck with the Winbooks.
Checkout their site: winbook.com.

they are a good value. If you order online there is no sales tax.

you're likely to pay a premium for brand names like Sony and Toshiba (though Toshiba would be the better of these I'd say)

For best value buy from a direct seller

Back
Top Bottom