laptop computers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jkayet

New Yorker
Looking for advice...(I hope it's ok that I'm posting this here!! :huh:)
I am in the process of buying a new laptop computer. I don't know a great deal about computers, but I've basically narrowed it down to either a Dell or Compaq. They seem to be about the same price once I add everything I want on them, so...anyone have an idea if one brand is particularly better than the other? :confused:
Thanks!!

People with Compaqs have complained to me with nothing but problems. I'd go with Dell.

At the college I go to, I also work there as a student computer technician. The college buys all of their PC's (desktop and laptop) through Dell and have been doing so for awhile. They are good systems.

If you go with Dell you have to take into account the fact that you're helping to keep that annoying kid from the commercials employed. :no:

But I would still do it because their logo is prettier.

Last edited:
I have a Compaq laptop at home but use Dell computers and laptops at college. I've never had any problems with either.
I'm sure that was really helpful :D

Stories for Boys said:
meegannie, that's the best reasoning yet...down with that annoying commercial guy!

Are you kidding????????????????

I LOVE that guy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Steven.jpg

:heart:

Thanks for the advice! :) Most people seem to say dell, so that's probably what I'll end up going with...even though i agree that the dell guy is pretty annoying :rolleyes:

Well, despite the fact that the Dell guy annoys the hell out of me, I do still own a Dell.

And, jkayet, "Dell" rhymes with many fun, fun things. Like, um, "well" and "bell" and...hmm...I'm sure there's one I'm missing....:confused: ;) :D

i have a compaq pc.

i am also getting a laptop in the near future.

i will not be getting a compaq laptop.

Back
Top Bottom