Lane Stahley---R.I.P. - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Old 04-20-2002, 07:08 PM   #16
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 10:53 AM
No worries, david. Glad we cleared that up.

Old 04-20-2002, 07:43 PM   #17
love, blood, life
Local Time: 01:53 PM

Old 04-21-2002, 07:52 AM   #18
This is awful news... I heard it on the radio yesterday, and also heard the whole "unidentified body" thing... I've always been a fans of there's. Dirt was like a soundtrack for my senior year of high school! I remember seeing them live back then- the concert was completely out of control. Man this really sucks, more talent lost from drugs.

Taking Chances...Magic Happens
Old 04-21-2002, 09:18 AM   #19
Local Time: 12:53 PM
Alice in Chains was a damn fine band. This sucks.

Don't let the bastards grind you down.

Zooropa FTP
Old 04-22-2002, 10:38 AM   #20
Blue Crack Addict
Originally posted by z edge:
but we lose another singer this way. I mean Cobain, Brad ? from Sublime, didn't the singer (Shannon Hoon?) from Blind Melon OD. And there was the guy from the Pumpkins.
Also Andrew Wood from Mother Lovebone, a band which may have ended up regarded as the best of the "Seattle scene" had he not OD'd.

Old 04-22-2002, 01:15 PM   #21
Rock n' Roll Doggie
This topic deserves a reply.
It has been confimred that it was Layne's body.

Alice in Chains were a fantastic band and whenever they released a song, sad to say, I was overjoyed because I felt like it would always be their last.

In the years of reports of Staley's heroin use he never spoke of rehab, or trying to get better, he always talked about controlling his desires. It is very sad. As a matter of fact the last Rolling Stone article I remember reading about him was that he was wearing leather gloves during the interview as he had started injecting into his hands as his veins in his arms were "bad." Also that during the interview he excused himself to the bathroom a number of times and every time he returned he was more sedated.

He was a talent but a junkie. He had a great voice that went to waste.

Needle and the Damage done

It is better to burn out than to fade away

All that bullshit, addiction is serious and when neglected things like this happen. This was going to happen no matter what, it is simply sad.

When I go home tonight I am going to put on Jar of Flies and will take a moment to think of what could have been.

Alice in Chains

Layne Staley R.I.P.
Old 04-23-2002, 12:46 AM   #22
Kid A
the "guy from the Pumpkins" wasn't actually in the Pumpkins, he was a touring keyboardist, but Jimmy Chamberlain certainly has had his problems, hopefully he will stay healthy, he's been in good shape for about 3 or 4 years now (off drugs from all reports over that entire time)

however, D'Arcy Wretzky left the band around the time Jimmy rehabbed his way back in and she apparently is in very bad condition these days, a major junkie and it wouldn't surprise me if we hear about her death sometime in the not-too-distant future, hope not, but numerous attempts by the her ex-band mates to help her have been rejected

has anyone heard anything about Scott Weiland lately? i hear he's doing ok for now, but i wonder how long it will last