Ladies...Make up help please.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mrs.Clayton

Refugee
I am so fed up with drugstore make up...
Do any of you buy your make up at the big department stores?
I finally bought some concealer and mascara at the MAC counter at Nordstrom, but now I need a decent foundation.
Usually I'm so cheap with my make up, I only buy at the drugstore, but now I'm realizing you get what you pay for.
Which brands do you ladies use?
Thanks,
Mrs.C

Nordstrom is the best place to buy makeup. I have always had wonderful and knowledgeable service whenever I buy from one of their counters. I stick with Estee Lauder for my makeup. They have a great foundation and it wears very light. and the ladies or men who work those counters really make sure you have the proper makeup for your skin tone .

MissVelvetDress_75 said:
Nordstrom is the best place to buy makeup. I have always had wonderful and knowledgeable service whenever I buy from one of their counters. I stick with Estee Lauder for my makeup. They have a great foundation and it wears very light. and the ladies or men who work those counters really make sure you have the proper makeup for your skin tone .

Estee Lauder...I never thought of trying their make up.
I tend to forget that these companies don't only make perfume. I'll take a look at their make up!
Thanks.

Prescriptives makes a great foundation...as does Chanel and MAC. They are all a little on the expensive side but worth it.

I know you said you want to get away from drugstore brands, but I just bought Almay's new Touchpad foundation..I LOVE it! It blends perfectly and feels like you aren't wearing makeup at all. Its a little strange at first because the makeup is in a sponge that you don't take out of the container...you just touch it with your fingertips...you can wear it really light or layer it for more coverage. Its great and only costs $8.00.

omg i hate you

Mrs.Clayton said:

Which brand do you like?
I heard a lot of good stuff about that website. We have a store about 30 minutes away.

Philosophy is excellent. Hope in a jar moisturizer = :heart:

I also like the jove (?) girls body butter I bought there, very smooth and smells :drool:. As you can see, I use it mainly for bath/body stuff, haven't tried the makeup yet but I was searching for a good tinted moisturizer for summer. If you find any, let me know. :)

The closest store we have to us is an hour away. :crack: (Which is probably a good thing, lol.)

Re: omg i hate you

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

The closest store we have to us is an hour away. :crack: (Which is probably a good thing, lol.)

you'll hate me more. sephoria is right across the street from my office. 10 mins max on foot. :yes: and 15 mins by car from my apartment. thank god i am not a frequent shopper there otherwise i would be in trouble. i did buy my makeup brushes and my D & G parfume there. :drool:

MissVelvetDress_75 said:

they also have great give aways. :sexywink: you know free makeup bags with purchase. :yes:

My favorite!

Bono's American Wife...I saw that new Almay stuff. I use their foundation right now(I think I'm just getting bored with it because I've used it for 3 years now). But that looks like a nice summer time make up.
That was going to be my next question...come summer time(I work at Costco)whatever make up I wear, I sweat it off by lunch. My skin is too many shades of pink and white to go without.

I forgot to mention this...
Does anyone here read Jane magazine? My sister just bought a new issue, and they mention the makeup U2 wears
:confused: :eyebrow:
I assume they meant the makeup they wear on tour.
It's from Neiman Marcus.
I never thought of Adam and Larry wearing make up, Bono yes, but not all of them.

I don't really wear make up...and if I do...it's usually cheap stuff.
Somehow those women behind the makeup counters in the higher end stores scare me...I always wondered if they actually try to sell you something that's specifically for you, or are they trying to push a product?:der:

i don't wear make up too often either.....but the BEST foundation is clinique. i have really sensitive skin and it's made so it's really light and sensitive.

Mrs.Clayton said:
I forgot to mention this...
Does anyone here read Jane magazine? My sister just bought a new issue, and they mention the makeup U2 wears
:confused: :eyebrow:
I assume they meant the makeup they wear on tour.
It's from Neiman Marcus.
I never thought of Adam and Larry wearing make up, Bono yes, but not all of them.

i subscribe to it, and i saw that, lol.

you ladies are all so naturally beautiful i dont know why you'd need any make up at all :wink:

I use Mary Kay foundation, concealer, and powder. It is by far the best I've ever used :up:

I've never tried the expensive department store brands! Those saleswomen scare me too :|

Of course Mary Kay consultants can be equally scary :wink: I just happen to have a friend who sells it and doesn't push me into buying the rest of the stuff. They have good lip gloss/lipstick too.

I buy the cheap stuff...maybelline eyeshadow, cover girl eyeliner an lipstick. Rimmel makes a very nice powder and has great eyeshdow. I usually wear very little makeup so I don't see how it would be worth my money to buy all that expensive stuff.

This is sort of random, but it always scares me when makeup counter ladies have horrible makeup on (either way too much or just looks unflattering). Why would I want to buy their products or take their advice when they look so scary?

i agree, its like getting a hair cut from someone with a terrible hair cut :huh:

Chizip said:
i agree, its like getting a hair cut from someone with a terrible hair cut :huh:
:lmao::lmao:
So true, though...
And Giant Lemon...you're reading my fookin mind...like I said earlier in the thread...those women at the counters scare me :uhoh: They really do. How can a trust a woman who looks like it's freakin Halloween to sell me anything? :no:

daisybean said:
I buy the cheap stuff...maybelline eyeshadow, cover girl eyeliner an lipstick. Rimmel makes a very nice powder and has great eyeshdow. I usually wear very little makeup so I don't see how it would be worth my money to buy all that expensive stuff.

yeah I use the Rimmel eyeshadow and powder...i've never really used foundation though because my skin is so light I have never really found anything that works...lol...I've been cursed with the red hair and very fair skin gene...lol :) Plus my face tends to be a bit oily...anyone know of a good foundation that combats the oil?

Lori:mac:

I've got a mismatch of stuff. I have to be really careful with foundation b/c I have sensitive skin. Lancome works well.

For everything else I mainly use drugstore stuff. I've got a few Mac eyeshadows and lipglass, but mainly, the drug store works for me.

Mostly drugstore stuff here, too. I use Cover Girl Oil Control foundation, which I adore. A lot of times I buy whatever is on sale for everything else, like mascara and eyeliner (which I hardly ever use), blush, and lip gloss (though lately I've become a fan of Sonia Kashuk lip gloss).

I think the most expensive body stuff I use is Victoria's Secret Garden cologne. :reject:

So cheap.

Back
Top Bottom