Ladies...Make up help please.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I used to use Clinique but my cousin introduced me to Smashbox which I love and swear by now. You can get it at some Nordstroms and Sephora which is where i usually order mine from.
The seamless foundation is great...it's light and looks really natural. They suggest you use a brush to put it on which seemed odd at first but it goes on more even and not as heavy. I love love love their lip glosses.

Kariann said:
I used to use Clinique but my cousin introduced me to Smashbox which I love and swear by now. You can get it at some Nordstroms and Sephora which is where i usually order mine from.
The seamless foundation is great...it's light and looks really natural. They suggest you use a brush to put it on which seemed odd at first but it goes on more even and not as heavy. I love love love their lip glosses.

I'll have to give Smashbox a try...i saw it on QVC the other night, and it looked good but expensive...I better save my change :lol:

Lori:mac:

Kariann said:
It is a little more pricey but I have found that I dont use as much. I think it must be the whole brush application. I've had the same bottle for a couple months and am only half way through it.

Sounds good to me :)

I use MAC powder. Great stuff! And I have always found the MAC staff at Nordstroms to be really really friendly and helpful. :yes:
They'll match your skin tone really well.

But, my skin is so bad, I have to use a liquid underneath and my sister has me hooked on a liquid Max Factor.

LoriHewson said:

yeah I use the Rimmel eyeshadow and powder...i've never really used foundation though because my skin is so light I have never really found anything that works...lol...I've been cursed with the red hair and very fair skin gene...lol :) Plus my face tends to be a bit oily...anyone know of a good foundation that combats the oil?

Ooooh, try Max Factor!

Seriously, my sister and I are both *very* fair, her so more than me. She's Nicole Kidman white. They sell foundation so white, it's practically vampire makeup. :p

And I have really oily skin. I used to use Neutrogena's liquid foundation and that was really oily. I don't seem to get as shiny with the Max Factor. It's cheap, give it a try!

Mrs. Clayton, I don't know what type of skin you have, but I would definitely recommend Clinique's clarifying make-up clear skin formula to anyone! It's great because it's noncomedogenic and has salicylic acid in it to help prevent break-outs. I love the coverage it gives.

Also, Clinique's super-fit make-up works GREAT. My mom is a faithful user because she says it covers up lines and stays on longer than anything else she's ever used. I used it for prom once and it stayed on great, but it was too heavy of coverage for me for everyday use.

Anyway, here's a link to a site that you (and every other gal reading this thread!) should check out: www.makeupalley.com It's got reviews from ordinary consumers on any and every kind of make-up you can imagine! It's a great site. ;)

AvsGirl41 said:

Ooooh, try Max Factor!

Seriously, my sister and I are both *very* fair, her so more than me. She's Nicole Kidman white. They sell foundation so white, it's practically vampire makeup. :p

And I have really oily skin. I used to use Neutrogena's liquid foundation and that was really oily. I don't seem to get as shiny with the Max Factor. It's cheap, give it a try!

yep..boy do I know Nicole Kidman white..hehe. My grandma once asked me if I was putting white powder...lol. Since I don't tan it doesn't get better in the summer...just some freckles...lol. I will have to give it a try:sexywink:

Wow...thank you all so much for the feedback. When I went to work, I had 6 replies, now it's 3 pages long. I really am looking forward to my days off, I'm heading to Nordstrom.
I agree with what you all said, if the sales people look bad(make up wise) I'm not going to buy from them...why would I want to look like them?
All I want is a natural look...
You all have been so helpful!
Thanks again....
Mrs.Clayton

Hi Mrs. Clayton! :wave:

I know you've already had a million replies...but here's one more. I swear by the MAC studiofix. It takes about 2 seconds to put on (with a sponge, it's one of those creamy things with the powder finish) and you'd never know it was there. They are about $25 but last for a long time.

Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom