Ladies, I Need Hair Advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

namkcuR

ONE love, blood, life
Well, if you happen to be a guy with long hair, you can give advice too :wink:

My hair is a tiny bit past my shoulders, all grown out and everything. My problem is that while my bangs/front hair are all grown out with the rest of the hair, there are still some short hairs in the front of my head, like 10-15 of them, stray hairs, maybe 1-1.5 inches long, especially to the right of my part. When my hair is down, it's not a problem, but when I tie it back, these short hairs just sort of stick up at the front of my head. They're not long enough to tie back with the other 98% of my hair, but they won't just 'sit back' when the rest is tied either.

Anybody else with long hair have this kind of thing? If so, what do you do about it?

yeah I know what you're talking about, they just sort of bounce back when you try to slick them away right?

Many people have this and I never thought it to be a big problem :shrug: but maybe you could try gelling it back/using a bobby pin... not sure if you want to go there though :wink:

I should be so lucky to have only 10-15 hairs that do whatever the hell they want. :grumpy:

uh...sorry I really don't have any advice, I just needed to vent. :uhoh:

Guys with long hair... :drool:

... Er, sorry for going off on a small tangent. Advice. I have stray hairs as well that can be a bit problematic without the right shampoo. I've found one brand that really helps a lot, though. Infusium. It's best to use the shampoo, conditioner and the leave-in conditioner in combination. Keeps your hair smooth and helps to cut down on those annoying little frizzy bits.

infusium.gif

:love:

namkcuR said:
Well, if you happen to be a guy with long hair, you can give advice too :wink:

My hair is a tiny bit past my shoulders, all grown out and everything. My problem is that while my bangs/front hair are all grown out with the rest of the hair, there are still some short hairs in the front of my head, like 10-15 of them, stray hairs, maybe 1-1.5 inches long, especially to the right of my part. When my hair is down, it's not a problem, but when I tie it back, these short hairs just sort of stick up at the front of my head. They're not long enough to tie back with the other 98% of my hair, but they won't just 'sit back' when the rest is tied either.

Anybody else with long hair have this kind of thing? If so, what do you do about it?

I've got SO many "whispies" or whatever you want to call them, mostly because I usually have a ponytail and because for gymnastics, we have to have TIGHT ponytails. Most of my whispies are long enough to tuck behing my ear, or just hang there, but I do have some like you describe.

I've found that blowdrying my hair is what makes them stand up. If I let my hair air dry and then put it back, they don't show up. Since I figured this out, I no longer blowdry my hair. I hate doing it anyway b/c my hair is thin and since it's freezing and snowy here for 8 months of the year, the dryness makes my hair very static. Blowdrying makes it stick up and I look like I just put my hand in an electrical socket! Even if I use a styling product, the whispies will pop back up.

Windmilllane said:

I would prefer the one used in "Something About Mary"

:wink:

:|

Nothing surprising there...

Anyway, LivLuvAndBootlegMusic brings up a good point - blow drying your hair can often make those short little bits stand up on end.

Tims_Eye_002.jpg

Just a little dab...if I don't use it at all, I end up looking like one of the Beatles in a windstorm. Fructus, or Fructuis...that's a good manly brand.

That's one problem I don't miss. I cut all my hair off a couple weeks ago after it got to the longest it had ever been.

Guess maybe it's time for a new photo in the photo thread.

Back
Top Bottom