Ladies: Hair Color??? - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 04-24-2004, 05:18 PM   #16
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 04:38 PM
I wouldn't describe your hair as dry dirty brown. It looks lovely as it is. But if you feel the need for a change, do it.
I started dying my hair myself when there started to be just too many grey hairs. I'm a bit worried they have stopped manufacturing the one I like to use, Loreal Open 8N Natural Blonde, I've only got half a packet left I love the conditioner they supply with it. It smells fruity and makes my hair soft. I had foils done once and loved them, but they are too expensive for me. I cut and dye my hair myself (it perhaps looks like it?) ah well). Actually my husband combs the dye through for me. It is good if you have a friend who will help, it's hard to get it spread evenly at the back yourself.
One thing the hairdresser adviced me. Don't use Pantene shampoo for a couple of weeks before you dye it. It is a silicone product and it prevents the dye penetrating the hair shaft.
I saw a recent pic of Bono the other day here. Someone said they thought he had a "mad scientist" look going on. That made me laugh I did think how similar our hair colour is and with the same amount of grey showing through. I just can't submit to the ageing process gracefully yet.
PS: I just held my hair up to the screen on your scanned hair and they are almost identical in colour. Your hair is a lot healthier than mine.
Have fun

Old 04-24-2004, 05:24 PM   #17
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:38 AM
My hair probably looks healthier b/c I never do anything to it, lol! I don't even own a curling iron or any of those straightener things. My hair won't stay curled or straight anyway.

And I will avoid the Pantene! Actually, I only use Suave b/c it's 69 cents at Target. Does that have silicone?

Old 04-24-2004, 06:03 PM   #18
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 04:38 PM
I'm not sure LivLuv, I only have been warned about Pantene.
Old 04-24-2004, 10:18 PM   #19
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 12:38 AM
i agree with the meegs, try a temporary thang first like casting or something. it washes out gradually so you can get a better idea of what you wanna dye it.

but yeah, as long as you're just going for something non-drastic like that (just a couple shades darker), at-home colour is fine. but for really drastic stuff, like blonde or highlights, should be done in a salon. trust me.

i really like clarol's natural instincts dye, it smells really good too so when you're leaning over your tub rinsing it out, you won't want to pass out from the fumes. it smells a lot like their shampoos do (kinda fruity and floral), not really chemical-like at all.
Old 04-25-2004, 01:47 AM   #20
fah
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:38 PM
More advice...

I have been gradually going from reddish blonde to reddish brown. The one thing that my hair stylist told me I was going to have to do going to a darker shade was wear more makeup because I have fair skin. I'm not big into makeup but if I don't wear it, my face (eyes/lips in particular) just seem to disappear.

I think you'll look great with darker hair but only go one shade darker the first time.
Old 04-25-2004, 08:58 AM   #21
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:38 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by fah

I have been gradually going from reddish blonde to reddish brown. The one thing that my hair stylist told me I was going to have to do going to a darker shade was wear more makeup because I have fair skin. I'm not big into makeup but if I don't wear it, my face (eyes/lips in particular) just seem to disappear.

I bet this is my problem....I'm really pale and my hair is naturally reddish blondish brown and if I don't wear lipstick and eyeliner, I look dead. When my hair was strawberry blonde last summer, I could get away without wearing lipstick.
Old 05-01-2004, 12:34 PM   #22
Refugee

Local Time: 10:38 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by LivLuvAndBootlegMusic
My hair probably looks healthier b/c I never do anything to it, lol! I don't even own a curling iron or any of those straightener things. My hair won't stay curled or straight anyway.
Your hair is very beautiful the way it is. You're right; the less one does to one's hair, the better it looks.

You can try a new color if you want, but the more often you color it, the more it gets damaged, then you have to keep working on it to get it to look half-decent.

I think it would be good to just stay with what you've got; keep your hair healthy and naturally beautiful for as long as possible. Wait until you have grey hair to start coloring. If you really want to color it, consult a professional first; they can tell you what will work best with your coloring and hair type.
Old 05-01-2004, 03:23 PM   #23
Refugee

Location: on a one of these small green spots at that blue planet at the end of the milky way
Local Time: 07:38 AM
No advice, just an opinion Black hair would fit excelent.
Old 05-01-2004, 11:10 PM   #24
MacPhisto's serving wench

Local Time: 01:38 AM
be careful no to go too dark, especially if your eyebrows are light.

I did that and walked around for months looking horrible...especially since this was right after the summer and my eyebrows were quite blond (I had dyed my hair a really dark brownish/red).
Old 05-02-2004, 05:17 AM   #25
Refugee

Location: on a one of these small green spots at that blue planet at the end of the milky way
Local Time: 07:38 AM
Of course your eyebrows should be dyed the same color