Ladies: Getting rid of undereye circles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Liesje

Blue Crack Addict
So, 4 months of sinus infection, eye infections, and allergies has left me w/ pretty obvious circles/bags under my eyes. I have been getting plenty of sleep, but it hasn't really helped, at least not in the past two weeks. I'm not about to plaster myself with makeup and concealer every morning, but I feel like I look like a drug addict who hasn't had a good night's sleep in months. Is there anything I can use to help them go away? (the cheaper the better!)

Isn't Preparation H supposed to shrink those? :shrug:

Probably won't do much for the colour, but it's supposed to help with the puffiness I think.

Prep H works...for various reasons...

I don't know if you'd be object to it but tanning really helps if you can't find a good concealor. If you are using a concealor creme form is always better than liquid for blending, use two shades lighter than your natural tone...If you still think that looks wierd, then try those yellow-based concealors--those work.

If the allergies are causing it, I'd try an antihistamine/decongestant. Substances that you are sensitive to can dilate the blood vessels, and then the blood shows through the skin more...giving you that circle look.

Also, water. Drink lots of it.

Last edited:
I thought PrepH was for wrinkle fighting instead of circles :shrug:

Not cheap, ($18 at Sephora) but worth the $: Benefit's "Ooh La Lift"
It brightens, tightens and isn't a concealer or makeup and one tube lasts a good long time.

preparation h also fights pimples iirc. i've got bumps all over my neck from having to wear that damn neck brace every day for months. :mad: it's been a month and the bumps (they're little pimples really) are still there. it seems the chlorine helps though.

Well, the things you learn on the internet!

If you're going the make up route, I definitely recommend MAC's concealer. It gives you the skin you wish you had. :up:

I've tried everything, nothing really works to my satisfaction. I use this stuff made by Nivea that's actually white, it's an eye cream. The white is supposed to lessen the appearance of the circles. Then the creamiest concealer you can find, I like Smashbox. My dark circles are genetic not from allergies.

There's this stuff by Yves St Laurent called Touche Eclat that I'm dying to try, it comes in a "pen" sort of applicator. I think it's around $35.

dark circles

MrsSpringsteen said:
I've tried everything, nothing really works to my satisfaction. I use this stuff made by Nivea that's actually white, it's an eye cream. The white is supposed to lessen the appearance of the circles. Then the creamiest concealer you can find, I like Smashbox. My dark circles are genetic not from allergies.

There's this stuff by Yves St Laurent called Touche Eclat that I'm dying to try, it comes in a "pen" sort of applicator. I think it's around $35.

Where does one get this Smashbox? I've had dark circles all my life and I know it's genetic, but I have to use concealer and I bloody well hate it! I know St. Ives makes a dark circle reduction cream that's around $15.00 Cdn. but I can't afford any such luxuries!
A somewhat funny anecdote: when I was having my son, I so worried about taking "ugly" post-birth photos that I made sure to have my concealer at hand prior to taking pics, but in all of them, I have all of this white half-moon stuff under my eyes! Horrid.

MrsSpringsteen said:

My Mum has this. She loves it. :up:

I tried the Clinique counter once and the cosmetic lady dabbed this undereye cream on my dark circles and she immediately said "Wow, what a difference.....see how the dark circles seem to disappear?" :huh:

Take Vitamin K.

My mom and sister both have dark circles and they swear this helps. My sister read it somewhere and tells everyone.

And there's always MAC... :drool:

You can get Smashbox at Sephora, QVC sells it too

It's not cheap compared to drugstore makeup, but it's good quality. QVC sells sets that are a good buy. I'm not one to spend a lot of money on makeup, I really can't afford to. I would like to splurge on that Touche Eclat though.

Do you have The Body Shop in America? They make this divine cucumber eye gel. It's really (physically) cool so straight away you feel really refreshed, and it smells good enough to eat. It works wonders on dark circles and puffiness.

And it's not tested on animals :)

The Body Shop rocks :drool:
I'm gonna try that cucumber gel thingy.

Ms Springsteen : Touche Eclat is GREAT! I've been using it for a few years now. It's a really light texture that you just carefully dabb into the skin and it makes a great difference. Since it's a highlighter and not a concealer, it looks more natural.
I use it right under my eyebrows, outter corner too - makes you look fresh and awake.
God knows I need aids like this, since I have insomnia fairly often :crazy:

Last edited:
LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
So, 4 months of sinus infection, eye infections, and allergies has left me w/ pretty obvious circles/bags under my eyes. I have been getting plenty of sleep, but it hasn't really helped, at least not in the past two weeks. I'm not about to plaster myself with makeup and concealer every morning, but I feel like I look like a drug addict who hasn't had a good night's sleep in months. Is there anything I can use to help them go away? (the cheaper the better!)

You took the words right out of my mouth! My eyes have been swollen for weeks, this has always been a sore spot for me and I"ve tried everything, every eye cream and cucumbers under my eyes but nada. The difference between you and I is I've been wearing makeup. If I discover some miraculous treatment I'll let you know.

* you can use cold tea bags over your eyes when you're taking a rest :)...

* chosing a better diet is helping too... more fresh vegetables and fruits, and less meat and fat, avoid fast food. Sometimes those circles under the eyes are because the toxins in the body.

OK, thanks guys. I'll try the Prep H and maybe the Body Shop eye cream. I'm not to keen on buying expensive concealer b/c I'd rather get rid of them than worry about covering up.

Re: Re: Ladies: Getting rid of undereye circles

one4u2 said:

You took the words right out of my mouth! My eyes have been swollen for weeks, this has always been a sore spot for me and I"ve tried everything, every eye cream and cucumbers under my eyes but nada. The difference between you and I is I've been wearing makeup. If I discover some miraculous treatment I'll let you know.

Please do! I do wear makeup, but not much concealer. I like to enhance what's good rather than cover what's bad...and I'm cheap, lol. I also still have some problems with acne once in a while so I don't like using things other than blush/bronzer powder and eye makeup.

I also think what stars said will help...the tanning. I don't go to tanning places, but I do tan in the sun on weekends all summer. It's just been so cold and rainy here all spring though, I haven't had a good chance to yet. But I do agree, my complexion looks better with some sun (not baked or totally brown, but more "alive" looking).

Last edited:
Dalton said:
Is preperation h the only thing that works or could you just rub the actual hemroids on your face as well?:wink: :huh:

ROFLMFAO! Preparation H on your face? Oh deary me. :eeklaugh:

ILuvLarryMullen said:
I've had dark circles under my eyes my whole life that not even make up can cover.

Being an insomniac, I can assure everyone, does not bade well for the undereye bag problem. Luckily I have very big eyes so I'm not too concerned - at least I don't get called 'Manga' like I did at school anymore.

Back
Top Bottom