Ladies--Do you feel offended?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Have you ever felt offended by Santa's mantra?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No! that's dumb.

Votes: 51 78.5%
  • I could honestly care less.

Votes: 14 21.5%

• Total voters

Kiki

New Yorker
mainly in my fantasy land.....ooooo how I wish it
SYDNEY (AFP) - Santas in Australia's largest city have been told not to use Father Christmas's traditional "ho ho ho" greeting because it may be offensive to women, it was reported Thursday.

Sydney's Santa Clauses have instead been instructed to say "ha ha ha" instead, the Daily Telegraph reported.

One disgruntled Santa told the newspaper a recruitment firm warned him not to use "ho ho ho" because it could frighten children and was too close to "ho", a US slang term for prostitute.

"Gimme a break," said Julie Gale, who runs the campaign against sexualising children called Kids Free 2B Kids.

"We are talking about little kids who do not understand that "ho, ho, ho" has any other connotation and nor should they," she told the Telegraph.

"Leave Santa alone."

A local spokesman for the US-based Westaff recruitment firm said it was "misleading" to say the company had banned Santa's traditional greeting and it was being left up to the discretion of the individual Santa himself.

Last edited:
That's so insane

I read recently that Santas are being put on diets and thinner Santas are being hired because rotund Santas are dangerous for kids too :rolleyes:

^ AMEN sista! :lol: :hi5:

seriously, every year at this time I'm reminded of that George Carlin email that I've gotten a few times, regarding the whole rant people are on about NOT saying Merry Christmas. Screw that, I go out of my way to say it to people in department stores. I would love to find that email again on his letter.

It goes on to talk about other religions holidays and how no ones making a stink about being offended about them. Let everyone just celebrate the way they want to and stop being such scrooges to everyone.

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
Please, won't someone think of the hos? :sad:

simppg5.jpg

Some people have way too much time on their hands. Totally ridiculous.

OK, I'm not the slightest bit offended, but I'm offended that someone would even think I would find that offensive!!! :scream:

According to Westaff (the temp company which hires the Santas) the Telegraph story is nonsense, and they never told anyone anything to the effect that "ho ho ho" might offend women and shouldn't be said. (The Telegraph, which is a notoriously screechy tabloid, based that claim on a single "anonymous source".) They did say that they encourage the Santas to lower their voices and alternate with "ha ha ha" with young children who appear frightened, but that's about it.

Much ado about nothing.

http://www.cbc.ca/consumer/story/2007/11/15/ho-ho.html

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,311797,00.html

Last edited:
Utterly ridiculous that anyone would think I should find Santa's "ho, ho, ho" offensive. :no:

Although the time he backhanded me & called me a 'stupid bee-atch' for asking him to bring me a pony did hurt a bit. :sad:

:lmao:

That is the stupidest thing I've read in the last 30 seconds.

Seriously though, that's bad. Really bad. :yuck:

Yeah, the sister tabloid to the New York Post and Fox News must be 100% fair and balanced.

Back
Top Bottom