Ladder 49

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nate Dogg

Refugee
*SPOILER ALERT*

This was a great movie..I recommend it hightly. It features Jauquin Phoenix as a ten-year veteran firefighter. His life becomes endangered. As he is lying in the rubble inside a tall Baltimore building, you see his firefighter career from his first day(including some funny moments of rookie hazing) in flashbacks. Basically, they introduce his wife/girlfriend, children, etc. There's some pretty emotional scenesincluding one in which his best friend is lost during a blaze. The end is absolutely gut-wrenching, as with the unfortunate fate of many firefighters, he loses his own life. I was shocked that this happened...it wasn't expected, especially after the previous highs and lows this movie takes you on. John Travolta is superb in a movie that is sure to break his streak of box office bombs. The rest of the cast is very good. Very emotional and memorable movie that gives me new respect for these brave guys...just doing their jobs.

I saw the trailer and it really did look interesting.
I might catch it when it comes to theaters in Finland. :)
Joaquin Phoenix is one of my favourite actors and John Travolta isn't bad either.

Back
Top Bottom