L. Cohen will bless us again

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Basstrap

ONE love, blood, life
Seems as though the gods have chosen to shine on us once again this september

Leonard Cohen Readies 11th Album
Joins Veronica, J.D. in plot to take down the new breed
Joshua Sharp reports:
I'm not a betting man. This is partially because I don't have very much money; I'm lazy, and I'm not very good at resisting impulses. But if you asked me off the record, I'd wager Leonard Cohen to be straight-up immortal. Granted, there might not be a whole lot of biological evidence suggesting the man holds the silver key to life eternal-- at least not in the traditional sense of the term "evidence"-- but the songs Cohen has written possess a nearly singular quality: Most of them are impervious to the very possibility of a natural demise.

It is my own subjective assessment that the lasting power of Leonard Cohen's output can be attributed to two intrinsic elements: Cohen's true calling as a man of the pen, and the paradoxical ability of his words to be visually precise/visually evocative while remaining semantically applicable/semantically evocative in innumerable situations of a more individual context. Perhaps this suggests not merely timelessness, but also placelessness. For all their detail, all their setting, all their visual singularity, Cohen's songs contain a human flexibility that enables them to be related into our own individual contexts. For this, his music may never die.

The man will turn 70 years of age in just a couple of months, but he remains verbally acute and of persistent resolve. On September 28th, one week after his birthday, Columbia Records will release his 11th studio album, entitled Dear Heather. The record will contain 12 original tracks and a live rendition of a Pee Wee King and Redd Stewart song, "Tennessee Waltz". Tracklist:

01 Go No More A-Roving
02 Because Of
03 The Letters
04 Undertow
05 Morning Glory
06 On That Day
07 Villanelle for Our Time
08 There for You
09 Dear Heather
10 Nightingale
11 To a Teacher
12 The Faith
13 Tennessee Waltz

I wish I knew more Leonard Cohen fans, because his music is great for conversation. While I enjoyed listening to "Ten New Songs" I expected more time to warm-up to its charms. I had no expectations he'd release a new album with such rushed terms, but it's welcomed. :)

My favorite album is "The Future".

My neighbor recently introduced me to Leonard Cohen.....verrry interesting - in a trainwreck kind of way. :huh:

Because of a few songs
Wherein I spoke of their mystery,
Women have been
Exceptionally kind
to my old age.
They make a secret place
In their busy lives
And they take me there.
They become naked
In their different ways
and they say,
"Look at me, Leonard