Kyzyl Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
major_panic said:

I read the creepy Screwtape vs Varitek bit I think - the one two threads ago?

mofo82 - man that guy gives me lulz. And... that's about it.

Streaker owned by Symonds :hurrah:

Yeah, it was in the Longyearbyen thread. That exchange really crossed a line.

The ATYCLB round one thread is sorta priceless. Sorta priced. Who knows what I mean. It's funny, but not epic.

major_panic said:
(I have no idea what time it is in America)

Social progress-wise, about a century ago.

In raw time zones, the US east coast is 14 hours behind us right now.

major_panic said:

Dalton's awesome. He says all this stuff, then suddenly pops out a dead-set serious question which is often the most deep and insightful on the thread.

Yeah, I'd agree. His orthodoxy/orthopraxy question remains the most intelligent one asked in the entire postwhore-a-thon.

Axver said:

Yeah, it was in the Longyearbyen thread. That exchange really crossed a line.

What, when Screwtape started hitting on Vari? I might've missed something, I'll have to go back and read again.

major_panic said:

What, when Screwtape started hitting on Vari? I might've missed something, I'll have to go back and read again.

Like asking how much her job pays. Ooookay.

Axver said:

Like asking how much her job pays. Ooookay.

Ah yeah, that was weird. I was waiting for the next one to be like "what's your phone number?" or "where do you live?"

Methinks Vari might've been pedestal'd!

major_panic said:
Ah yeah, that was weird. I was waiting for the next one to be like "what's your phone number?" or "where do you live?"

Methinks Vari might've been pedestal'd!

:lol:

"How many purity points can you take from me at once?"

major_panic said:
Oh HELLO. jolisu's on EYKIW. I'm hoping for an amazing and hilarious new album art picture...

:lmao:

That is :
be_stevehytner_240x260_050120071037.jpg

"Gold Jerry Gold!!"

bono_man2002 said:

What time do you have to leave for school?

If there's one thing I've noticed about US schools, they don't seem to have the standard 9am-3pm school day. They seem to have demented times. I knew someone who, due to an extra class he did before the normal start of school, had to be there at 6am. Fuck off.

Axver said:

If there's one thing I've noticed about US schools, they don't seem to have the standard 9am-3pm school day. They seem to have demented times. I knew someone who, due to an extra class he did before the normal start of school, had to be there at 6am. Fuck off.

:shocked:

I have a hard enough time getting up for work, I don't start till 8:30, I try and get up by 7:30.

Hi AMENDMENT....

and which sadistic bastard came up with this 12kb limit on avatars?! 12kb is NOTHING!!! I'm sure I've seen some of those animated ones that must be bigger than that.... :banghead:

Sorry Daniel, I don't think I'm smart enough to shrink it to 12kb and still make it remotely recognisable. :(

Axver said:
8am lectures were bad enough. Someone talked about 7am lectures once, but the lecturers drew the line there. Thank god!!

Alisaura said:
Hi AMENDMENT....

and which sadistic bastard came up with this 12kb limit on avatars?! 12kb is NOTHING!!! I'm sure I've seen some of those animated ones that must be bigger than that.... :banghead:

Sorry Daniel, I don't think I'm smart enough to shrink it to 12kb and still make it remotely recognisable. :(

Thats completely fine! Thanks for trying at least anyways.

I reckon a better pic might surface in the near future.

major_panic said:

Wow, you're up early. Either that, or I really haven't been in high school for FAR too long.

For the last year of high school, I actually got up at 6am. And hung around on the Internet for 1.5 hours before actually getting ready to leave at 7:50am. My school was a private one, it started early at 8:30am. Wasn't such a bad thing, though, because it meant our holidays were longer, and frankly I'd prefer that.

Due to a scheduling anomaly, my Maths C class (that is, the highest level of maths in QLD) wasn't on a usual line. We only had two regular Maths C lessons in school time. This became unworkable and they introduced a third class before school, beginning at 7:30am. It had to be abandoned when nobody turned up because it was just too ridiculously early. Two sessions at 8am proved more popular. Especially with me, because I arrived at 8am anyway, to hang out in the library normally.

Axver said:

For the last year of high school, I actually got up at 6am. And hung around on the Internet for 1.5 hours before actually getting ready to leave at 7:50am.

I arrived at 8am anyway, to hang out in the library normally.

Damn, that's like me. Got up at 6.30am, was in school by 8 (despite school starting at 8.55), but usually to hang out and talk with mates rather than read. Occasionally finish off homework :p.

Alisaura said:

8am lectures were bad enough. Someone talked about 7am lectures once, but the lecturers drew the line there. Thank god!!

I don't have anything earlier than midday this semester. :drool:

... though it means I have to catch evening peak hour trams three days a week, and those suck on many different levels. I'm sure Phail Collins rides those trams.

When I used to take the bus, I had to get up around 10 of 6 to catch it at 10 of 7. Now that I drive, I leave around 7:10-7:15.

Which means, I'm out, I'll see everyone later. Have a good one.

Axver said:

... though it means I have to catch evening peak hour trams three days a week, and those suck on many different levels. I'm sure Phail Collins rides those trams.

I'm pretty sure he drives them, too. Ever heard those tram drivers? "NEK THOP EBURN METRA STAY ON" (next stop melbourne central station)

major_panic said:

Damn, that's like me. Got up at 6.30am, was in school by 8 (despite school starting at 8.55), but usually to hang out and talk with mates rather than read. Occasionally finish off homework :p.

Oh, my group hung out in the library. One end was "our" area. We'd sit on the computers or read the paper or banter or whatever.

Also, one incentive for me to get there early was that if we left on or before 7:50am, I'd get there at 8am, but if we left any later, I'd struggle to get there by 8:30am because traffic would just appear out of nowhere.

phillyfan26 said:
When I used to take the bus, I had to get up around 10 of 6 to catch it at 10 of 7. Now that I drive, I leave around 7:10-7:15.

Which means, I'm out, I'll see everyone later. Have a good one.

See ya, have fun at school!

Axver said:

Arts students... :tsk:

:wink:

major_panic said:

I'm pretty sure he drives them, too. Ever heard those tram drivers? "NEK THOP EBURN METRA STAY ON" (next stop melbourne central station)

:lol:

Seriously they have the digital "ding ding" on the tram. can't they have some girl saying "Melbourne Zoo Next Stop"

Axver said:

Also, one incentive for me to get there early was that if we left on or before 7:50am, I'd get there at 8am, but if we left any later, I'd struggle to get there by 8:30am because traffic would just appear out of nowhere.

Cool group!

Also, I hate it how that happens. You leave two minutes late, and suddenly all these middle-aged people what can't drive sending their kids to school appear out of nowhere.

It's even worse around the private schools - the cars, egos and people get larger and driving ability goes to hell on an express elevator.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom