Kyzyl Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
phillyfan26 said:
A buddy of mine just became vegan two or three months ago.

The only vegan I knew eventually had to be talked out of it because her health went into such a shocking downward spiral.

I was rather surprised that her vegan pizza and chocolate cake were both actually edible though.

Axver said:
Respect, what's that? Come to Melbourne University and compare the nice, modern Law building with the old, falling apart John Medley building, where the History and PolSci faculties are based. I'm convinced we have the slowest elevator on earth. And if you want to go to the top floor - well, the elevator doesn't go there, so you have to use the stairs too.
I'm reliably informed that you can feel it sway on the top floor on a windy day.

Thank god for the South Wing!!

Well yeah, I don't completely understand full-on veganism. I like food too much to restrict myself like that. Dairy products, at least.

Veganism is pretty silly by my books, but vegetarian food is the best.

Alisaura said:

We had a go at translating a bit of Martin Luther's Bible into English, too.... good old Jesus Barrabas... and the beginning bit of Genesis, I think. That was pretty cool.

I would've had too much fun with that. "In the beginning, there was no God. There was a faint lingering of a puff of logic, and Douglas Adams' laughter could be heard in the distance ..."

Axver said:
I would've had too much fun with that. "In the beginning, there was no God. There was a faint lingering of a puff of logic, and Douglas Adams' laughter could be heard in the distance ..."
If you can translate that into convincing German... :lol:

TranceEnding said:

:no: you miss quoted me .

no vegan love here.

:|

not that i eat much meat, but the number of vegans and lactose and cealiac people pisses me off, same as nut allergies. these allergies i am sure didnt exist 10 yrs ago ???

or did people just die?

Axver said:

Doug adams

:bow: :bow:

:drool:

must go back and read that again.
when are they bringing out the next part of the movie ?

The Sad Punk said:
Well yeah, I don't completely understand full-on veganism. I like food too much to restrict myself like that. Dairy products, at least.

Veganism is pretty silly by my books, but vegetarian food is the best.

I would die if I went vegetarian. I dislike too many vegetables. And I like pizza and lasagne a bit too much.

When I was about 16, my mother bought a vegetarian lasagne. Knowing I wouldn't eat it, she tried to disguise it with barbecue sauce. IT WAS THE WORST THING EVER. I mean, vegetarian lasagne's bad enough, but can you imagine barbecue sauce on it? Oh dear. Now, I love my barbecue sauce, and I have a standing offer that if somebody will give me $20, I'll drink a litre of the stuff (my friends are clearly stingy bastards who value their money over their lulz :( ), but it just does NOT go on lasagne.

mysterious_jen said:
not that i eat much meat, but the number of vegans and lactose and cealiac people pisses me off, same as nut allergies. these allergies i am sure didnt exist 10 yrs ago ???

or did people just die?
I think allergies are more common now, possibly in part due to parents being paranoid about exposing their kids to germs and different foods. If some parents is afraid to give their kid peanuts in case they're violently allergic, and that kid doesn't even sniff a peanut until they're 14 or something, then there's that much more chance they will have developed an allergy.

Or something.

:shrug:

Last edited:
TranceEnding said:

mmmmmmm .... and here's a good tip .. Peppermint tea, when you've got tummy trouble/nausea/crook guts :wink:

It works wonders!!!

yeah used to have peppermint tea, good for gas,

rasberry is good for a strong uterus TMI im sure :wink:

mysterious_jen said:

:no: you miss quoted me .

no vegan love here.

:|

or did people just die?

oh no, that's ok! I just saw the word and got excited :wink:

It's something that I think about alot .. I've been a veggie for a loooooong time.

TranceEnding said:

oh no, that's ok! I just saw the word and got excited :wink:

It's something that I think about alot .. I've been a veggie for a loooooong time.

it must be so much effort because there is animal fat in everything !

but if you do it well it is a wonderufl diet.

im lazy in all areas and get away with a berocca performance every day . covers most vitamins, minerals and even calcium

Axver said:
Now, I love my barbecue sauce, and I have a standing offer that if somebody will give me $20, I'll drink a litre of the stuff (my friends are clearly stingy bastards who value their money over their lulz :( ), but it just does NOT go on lasagne.
I might be able to find a spare $20... :hmm:

Alisaura said:

If you can translate that into convincing German... :lol:

"Im das beginnen, es war keine Gott. Es war eine fainte logisch puffen lingeren, und das Douglas Adams lulzen war im das dischtense."

How's that?

mysterious_jen said:
i resisted PT for quite a while, but its actually made of WIN !

i am astonished.

:hyper:

So, what are you doing on 25/04? :wink:

And I'll upload some more overnight. It kills my bandwidth to upload it while I'm here.

I wish I could remember who I was meant to send stuff to, though! I know you're not the only one who wanted some PT ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom